GDT: Game 14 | Pens @ Caps | 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
From the Bombulie article:

“At a young age, guys win Stanley Cups and a lot of guys go their whole career and they don’t even get close to it,” Rutherford said. “We’ve got some young guys that won a couple, then they get bigger contracts and then they kind of settle in. They forget what got them to where they are today.”

Penguins GM Jim Rutherford pans team's performance, suggests roster changes may be coming

Yeah, he's taking a shot at Rust 100%. There's no way he's taking a shot at anyone but him, that is directly at Rust.

I see it more as a shot at Murray..but maybe both
Rust isn’t going to make or break us getting to the POs, but Murr very well can

turd

Feb 1, 2013

“At a young age, guys win Stanley Cups and a lot of guys go their whole career and they don’t even get close to it,” Rutherford said. “We’ve got some young guys that won a couple, then they get bigger contracts and then they kind of settle in. They forget what got them to where they are today.”

Penguins GM Jim Rutherford pans team's performance, suggests roster changes may be coming

Yeah, he's taking a shot at Rust 100%. There's no way he's taking a shot at anyone but him, that is directly at Rust.
Probably, but his dumbass is the one that gave him that contract.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
No, Murray just isn't playing well. I don't think Murray's problems come from complacency, and as a former goalie, I think Rutherford would understand that better than anyone.

Yeah, I mean complacency is the wrong word for Murray...I think his problem is that he’s trying to do too much...but still, Rust is a complementary player—he’s not someone I’d single out, his improved play is not going to single handedly lift this team

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com

Well, that is asisine. 3.5 mil for Rust is not a “big contract”

Also, if he was concerned about it why did he give him the f***ing contract.

HuskerTornado

Jobu Needs Rum
May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
The last 8 games have been a bizarre roller coaster
3-0
6-5
9-1
5-0
3-6
2-3
0-5
1-5

I have been busy in and out of town and not been able to watch as close as I usually do. I turned off the Debs game mid-2nd period. Not worth the time. Hope this one is worth 60 minutes of viewing.

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
This. And at the start of the season, a lot of us were excited for what this talent could do. We knew we had a few question marks, but the pluses overwhelmed the minuses.

Maybe if he was being completely honest he'd admit some faults of his own, but that shouldn't distract from the fact there's plenty of true criticisms he can make of the team's performance.
Absolutely! We have the talent. Yes there are areas we clearly need to address and shore up, but a lot of what ails this team can be remedied in house. In theory anyhow.

Reactions: Peat

pensfan71

Jun 9, 2010
How is that not a shot at Rust LOL, such a direct one too. I'm ok with losing tonight if it means change, rather that than thinking this could right itself

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
Well, that is asisine. 3.5 mil for Rust is not a “big contract”

Also, if he was concerned about it why did he give him the ****ing contract.

Rust or Sheary was offered for Domi in the offseason. JR dumped Sheary and I’m sure he’s not happy with Rust making that look like the wrong move by playing like a ghost.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
To a certain extent yes but when players aren’t playing well like Maatta who was good last year then Schultz gets injured thats half of your top 4 D done. New D take time to adjust (JJ) and Oleksiak is still struggling somewhat in the D zone (Riikola essentially a rookie too).

Maatta and Schultz has thrown a big spanned in the works.

I was for changing the make up of the D last summer. Probably shipping out Maatta and bringing in an elite skater #4 like Daley could skate.

Maatta, Schultz, and Johnson are playing how they typically play.

It isn’t their fault Rutherford compensated them for what is their peak.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Maatta, Schultz, and Johnson are playing how they typically play.

It isn’t their fault Rutherford compensated them for what is their peak.

Maatta is worse than last year and Schultz isn’t playing at all.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Round2.jpg

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad