Goal-Day Thread Game 14: Arizona Coyotes @ Philadelphia Gritties | 11/8/2018 5:00 p.m. MST | FS-A Plus

GSMC Goat

Oct 7, 2017
Chicago,IL
I mean damn.......the team is setting records and so is Keumper.......5.00 GAA for a starting goalie!!! Until Raanta gets back!!! What is wrong with Raanta???

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
One common thread in a lot of games is coming out for 20 to 40 minutes with a strong forecheck, and then being gassed thereafter. By the third period, they're on their heels. Hockey isn't exactly a game where you pace yourself, but I wonder if this style is sustainable, especially for a team with sub-par talent.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Fischer
Keller
Perlini
Strome
Panik
Galchenyuk
Stepan (aside for his lucky bounce on the PK)

All invisible shadows. Pretty brutal to give up a 4-2 lead. We are the only team I have seen that give up so many f***ing leads and not just one goal leads, big leads.

You just knew this was going to happen. Keumper was out of position half of the night, fighting phantom pucks. Cant clear a crease if our lives depended on it and just let these mother f***ers run us over.

Tom Polakis

Next expansion
Nov 24, 2008
Tempe, AZ
Fischer
Keller
Perlini
Strome
Panik
Galchenyuk
Stepan (aside for his lucky bounce on the PK)

All invisible shadows. Pretty brutal to give up a 4-2 lead. We are the only team I have seen that give up so many ****ing leads and not just one goal leads, big leads.

You just knew this was going to happen. Keumper was out of position half of the night, fighting phantom pucks. Cant clear a crease if our lives depended on it and just let these mother ****ers run us over.

Well, Keller was pretty visible, but not in a good way.

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
This loss reeks of inexperience and just lack of quality. Hate to use the term, but certainly too many passengers. Nick's and Keller worst game by far. Kconn is terrible and has been for games. He's a 7th d-fender and has always been, but ever since he scored all those goals last season he is now somehow top 6. He's not. Strome, back to reality. Perls needs to go but panik goes first. Chayka has built a real nice team but there are glaring weak spots that need to be cut out. Having said that, grabs has been outstanding. What an incredible signing all-around.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
No goalie is stopping that deflection, this **** gets old.

Kuemper was out of position constantly last year and this game he showed the same exact thing.

The defense didn’t help him out but his bad habits from last year did show tonight. That’s more of a long term concern. He didn’t show that his first few games.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Kuemper rebound control tonight was not of an NHL caliber goalie for sure...but the team made too many mistakes in front of him like he was Raanta and he was going to bail him out. Kuemper isn't Raanta.

We're going to need to tighten things up on this road trip with Kuemper in goal. I'd also like to see Keller get off Chucky's line. They're not meshing 5on5, move Keller back with Stepan and put Hinostroza with Chucky.

We're also a pillow soft team...OEL is the only guy hitting on the back end and Crouse the only guy hitting on the forecheck.

Reactions: Jakey53

justin323032

Oct 12, 2018
Ironically enough, gallly hasn't been the player we signed. I feel like he's been above average with defensive pressure, back checking and getting in on the forecheck. Problem is, he's played more passive then anyone else on the team. I haven't checked the stats but I'm willing to guess he's got one of the lower shot totals on the team. Maybe split he and keller or just sit him down and say, dude, we brought you in to score, you need to score. He's gotten his points but again, he's playing pass first mentality.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
Chayka has to somehow go out and find us a top 6 scorer. Perlini and Fischer go missing 9 games out of 10. You just can't have that level of inconsistency from top 6 players. And look, I love Crouse, but the dude shouldn't be anywhere near the top 6. Sure, he creates space for his linemates, but it means nothing when he can't keep up with the play. They also took a huge gamble by sticking with Panik and it's failed massively.

Reactions: MIG

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Chayka has to somehow go out and find us a top 6 scorer. Perlini and Fischer go missing 9 games out of 10. You just can't have that level of inconsistency from top 6 players. And look, I love Crouse, but the dude shouldn't be anywhere near the top 6. Sure, he creates space for his linemates, but it means nothing when he can't keep up with the play. They also took a huge gamble by sticking with Panik and it's failed massively.

agree...we're missing 1 top 6 player. That would help a lot, as it would help move other guys down.

Reactions: mrjiggyfly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad