Post-Game Talk: WCQF GM5 | Canucks lose to Predators | 1-2 (Zadorov) | Back to Nashville

Petey O

Laffy Taffy's gonna chew you up.
Feb 26, 2021
Canguker
I mean their results the back half of the season say they are a good team, this isn’t the caps or islanders, these guys tore through the league since Christmas…sure on paper they don’t look super talented but they play a good team game
Yeah, you have to give the Predators some credit. They're playing hard and compensating for the skill gap between the teams. Very beatable but the Preds have heart and fight and are not going to be an easy out.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
Well, Zadorov gave us a goal and then he lost his check going for the hit for no reason on the tying goal.
Z dumped Forsberg so he couldn't make a play in the crease while the puck was loose, that was fine. I don't think he could see where the puck was so preventing a Pred from poking it in was the right play IMO

The reason why Tocchet didn't challenge for GI is that it looked like Blueger accidentally pushed Silovs and/or the puck in as he fell, which is why the goal was credited to Josi (who was down on the side after getting the original shot off).

Reactions: B-rock

SillyRabbit

Trix Are For Kids
Jan 3, 2006
I mean their results the back half of the season say they are a good team, this isn’t the caps or islanders, these guys tore through the league since Christmas…sure on paper they don’t look super talented but they play a good team game
This Nashville team isn't playing anywhere near what that Nashville team was playing.

That Nashville team would be up 3-2 on us.

Reactions: CanuckleBerry

Zippgunn

May 15, 2011
Lhuntshi
We are hot garbage the last few games. 38% FO is inexcusable and we couldn't make a 4 foot pass all night. Silovs played tough and was still over .900 but this being the Canucks that's probably it for him this season; the second either of their other goalies shows a pulse they'll get the start instead because, you know, "experience" or somesuch. If they do that I predict we lose this series in 7. Depressing but we deserved it tonight.

mossey3535

Feb 7, 2011
Problem is people's expectations that this team can go far. This is a bubble team that got off to a lucky 1st half hot streak.

Coaching is not great and top end talent doesn't stack up to the Mackinnons and McDavids
Just be happy they're in the playoffs and got lucky they drew Nashville. Would've been annihilated by almost every other team in the west by now
I agree but they still have a great chance to advance and I'm just enjoying being in the playoffs again. No reason why we can't win in two tries, but we do need to adjust our game.

Nashville has adapted their game to ours, they can't play that uptempo stretch game that they did all regular season. We have to adapt the same way.

Soups On

Apr 27, 2012
The hockey Gods have a way of evening things out. Canucks weren't close to being the best team in the last game in Nashville, but still won. Tonight they were the second-best team again, but lost.

For me, the biggest question-mark with the Canucks heading into the post-season--do they enough size and sandpaper up front? The answer is an emphatic 'no'. They're just getting owned along the wall in both zones right now.

And unless things change in a hurry they're back at Rogers Arena for Game 7. Unfortunately it's probably not something you can fix until the off-season.
They need to learn you can take liberties in the playoffs with late hits (just not the numbers) and get hyper aggressive crashing along the boards. Playing too much like the regular season where the refs will actually call interference lol

Reactions: BimJenning

BenningHurtsMySoul

Unfair Huggy Bear
Mar 18, 2008
Port Coquitlam, BC
We can never just put a team away can we? Every time, 6 games, 7 games, 6 games, 7 games....f*** I want to see us just kill a team for a change and sweep somebody or take them out in 5. That sucked.

This virtually guarantees that even if they win this series, they will get pummeled in the next round. These rest days were crucial and now not only are they gone, you're risking further injury.

It's just not our time.

Last edited:

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Tocchet coaching definitely not infallible, but its the holes in the top six we couldn't fill at tdl that are glaringly obvious.

Silovs was great again. Start him in Nashville. Still haven't played our best game by a long shot.

Last edited:

Flik

Canucks fan for life
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2010
Vancouver, WA
Honestly, we got lucky to lose by just 1 tonight. We had our chances, a great first and then...... nothing. Nashville carried the bulk of the play, which to be fair, wasn't much lol, but it was enough.

I always felt that this season would be extremely successful if we win a round and do damage in round 2.

We still have a shot at doing the first part I guess, but the longer this series drags on, the worse our chances at...... both things. I dunno, this just sucks.

Reactions: mathonwy

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Were it not for that miracle comeback in Game 4, this would be going back to Nashville with the Predators up 3-2.

Mikheyev-Pettersson-Hoglander is like putting a black hole with a brain fart and a cloud. There's f***ing NOTHING THERE.

It's infuriating Tocchet will go to the Lotto line or move Lindholm up for one goddamn shift only to right back to Mikheyev/Pettersson/Hoglander. They can't f***ing score you doofus. How many games does it take to show you Mikheyev and Pettersson are terrible together?

I'm really getting fed up with him making zero adjustments when shit obviously isn't working.

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
Yeah, you have to give the Predators some credit. They're playing hard and compensating for the skill gap between the teams. Very beatable but the Preds have heart and fight and are not going to be an easy out.

They remind me of Detroit Pistons way back in 2004 when they won the NBA championship.

Billups, Prince, Hamilton, two Wallace's, good players but no super star, just a ton of hard work, and the kind of tenacity and relentlessness that completed garroted the Lakers.

Reactions: Petey O

TruKnyte

Give me the meds now
Jan 1, 2012
Vancouver, BC
It's infuriating Tocchet will go to the Lotto line or move Lindholm up for one goddamn shift only to right back to Mikheyev/Pettersson/Hoglander. They can't f***ing score you doofus. How many games does it take to show you Mikheyev and Pettersson are terrible together?

I'm really getting fed up with him making zero adjustments when shit obviously isn't working.

Stuck with this for at least another year as well

Reactions: mossey3535

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
His entire system relies on countering, which by definition makes your team reactive instead of proactive. Not liking our chances if we keep going this way

Which isn't inherently bad. It just doesn't work against more defensive oriented plays like Nashville and LA who don't rush the zone. Instead of adjusting our attack, we just keep trying to force Nashville to give us an opportunity they won't most of the time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad