Goal-Day Thread Game 14: Arizona Coyotes @ Philadelphia Gritties | 11/8/2018 5:00 p.m. MST | FS-A Plus

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida

Side note: I used to insolently insist on calling our games "PDT" when DST was in effect in the rest of the country, but have learned that I was wrong and in terms of describing out time zone, Arizona never exits "MST" even though for the time during which DST is in effect, MST and PDT are equal in time. Therefore... I don't know. To hell with it.

jJzTAW6.jpg

9j7A5lW.png

qp6D5f3.png

6NjVJZV.png

Nx4On8f.png

MOzahVb.png

O5EoYUZ.png

vs.

Panik at the Disco - Mistreated Belarusian-American by Montreal - Jesus
The Puck is Literally a Grenade - Bald Center - Christina Fischer
Screw You Einstein, I can Exceed the Speed of Light - Uh I'll Take His Passes - VINCE NOT VINNIE I HATE ALL OF YOU
The Sheriff - Why Am I on the 4th Line - STICKY NICKY

Oliver Captain Larsson - I can't think of anything funny
Alex... a goose might be better at NHL defense - Jordan Oester-leap-into-the-boards
Kevin Connauton Sucks - Niklas YGJKALMARSSON (seriously Matt learn to pronounce his name right)

Not Antti Raanta but he's still good
Emergency AHL recall

Pointless (not really a) celebrity approval that is not a cosplayer:

iMOwPHp.png

Linda Le

(I lied)

If we lose, I'm blaming @Imaravencawcaw.

</thread>

Last edited:

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
The more you see Gritty on a page... the more creepy he gets. It's great still lol. Yotes realllly need to bounce back in this game and outplay the Flyers/outwork them. Been a couple of games that are a little sloppy, time to right those mistakes. This is an important game to win, imo. Don't let 1 loss become 2... don't start a hard road trip off with an L and add pressure to the rest of it, etc.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
I think we’re in for one tonight fellas. I don’t expect much this road trip. This is where we likely sink in the standings.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I think we’re in for one tonight fellas. I don’t expect much this road trip. This is where we likely sink in the standings.

Goligoski might not play. I believe in Kuemper but he's our backup for a reason.

If Goligoski is out, our defensive depth looks pretty thin. In the scenario where he doesn't play, the only pairing that we can assume will happen is OEL-Demers. Mermis could slide in. If he does, we're probably looking at Mermis-Hjalmarsson and Connauton-Oesterle as the other two pairings. If he doesn't, we're probably looking at Connauton-Hjalmarsson and Oesterle-Lyubushkin.

Both possibilities are a big ouch. We need Chychrun back in a big way.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
A loss would put us back to .500, probably should avoid that.

Coyotes have played the fewest amount of games in the league. Still holding down the positive goal diff though it shrunk a bit.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
When two teams play each others in a week, they tend to split the wins.

And the amount of puck-luck Yotes had in the first game was sad. It was, like, the first games - sad.

This is gonna be great.

And I don't really believe in jinxing, so I'm not afraid to say this.

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
I'll be doing my part to help the team by working tonight and therefore not watching the game. Yotes always seem to play great when I'm unable to watch and I end up furiously searching for video clips of all the stuff I read about in the GDT after I get off work.

I won't be able to watch either, since I'm a choir director and my weekly rehearsal is on Thursdays from 5:30-7. The game's on at 5 and I have a half hour drive home from Payson.

Unrelated note: f*** off Google Chrome, "Payson" is not a spelling mistake. It's a real town. You suck Google.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I'll be doing my part to help the team by working tonight and therefore not watching the game. Yotes always seem to play great when I'm unable to watch and I end up furiously searching for video clips of all the stuff I read about in the GDT after I get off work.

Then, stop watching the games!

I’ll pay you in beer if you stop and they go on another win streak

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
The marketing firm behind Gritty really knocked it out of the park. I don't mean the people who designed Gritty, I'm talking about the firm who strategically planted seeds throughout social media to create artificial hype and successfully made him go viral all while making it seem like it was some organic grassroots thing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad