Goal-Day Thread Game 14: Arizona Coyotes @ Philadelphia Gritties | 11/8/2018 5:00 p.m. MST | FS-A Plus

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
"You've just got to keep playing and run the clock out". This team is not built to hold on to a small lead and "run the clock out" against a team with big, skilled forwards. We saw that prime example today. Philly totally dominated us once they were down by 2 and we had zero answer.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I figure we go Kuemper next game. We're going to be bagged for the 2nd half of the back to back and may not have much chance anyway, so, sorry about your luck Miska.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Cousins and Panik are horrible. They are such glaring weaknesses on this team. I also have to add I have never seen Keller play like such a chicken shit. He was scared to be anywhere near the puck.

GiveAFlyingPuck

Boring hockey aficionado
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2011
NW Valley of the Sun
<optimism> Your "look on the bright side" moment of the night: We've played 3 games so far in November and got 3 points. .500 may be as much as we can ask of this team. Maybe we get two out of the next three for a 5 point road trip. </optimism>

Pitt hasn't been playing well so they'll probably cure their ills playing us. The Caps will play like champs or if not we'll be too tired to play well. Detroit will beat us just because.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I'm happy with the point, tbh. (First time I've ever used "tbh" as well, tbh :laugh:) We could have one this game, sure, except that we only had 5 defensemen and had a backup goalie who plays anything but a technical game at goalie. Backup goalies are like back up quarterbacks. Favorites of all as long as they don't play.

I'll be happy to take a point in another game or two on this "back up goalie roadtrip. "

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
It's just sad that play by OEL sullied an otherwise fine, fine game on his part, perhaps the best that I have seen out of him. This isn't the first time he has had a game losing brain fart late.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

doaner

Aug 21, 2008
SURPRISE!
It’s a game I’m happy with the point. We should’ve lost it. I’m happy with the way they bounced back, going down 2-0. But like it’s been said, we were gassed and it showed. We’ve been off a few days, so I don’t understand it. They better respond Saturday.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I'll like all posts complaining about Panik. I despise the player, absolutely hate that trade. Please god (chayka) get rid of him.

I mean I don’t HATE the trade. Duke wasn’t going to resign here anyways so something had to be done.

I’m just upset it wasn’t a draft pick or a signed copy of NHL 18 at the time.

Luckily for us, I do like how the team is shaping up.

Grabner, Richie and Hino are not a fourth line. We are getting the good Richie. This Richie is easily third line material. At this point we need to fill out a fourth line.

I’d be fine trading Strome for Sprong, and maybe sending Archibald or KConn for a true 4th line center who happens to be right handed. If we could offload Panik to a team looking for depth I’d be pretty happy. Detroit has an awful defense, maybe we can trade KConn and Archibald for Glendenning.

As stated earlier, I do like Galchenyuk and Keller but I think Keller is trying to hard to force Chucky and this is causing notable turnovers in the offensive zone when they get in.

Keller - Stepan - Fischer
Perlini - Galchenyuk - Sprong
Grabner - Richie - Hino
Crouse - Glendenning - Cousins

Idk maybe. Maybe not.

Prarievarg

On the hype lokomotiv
Oct 27, 2016
Stockholm / Linköping
I know it probably won't happen. But I'd really like to see Strome getting a shot at centering the first line.
Crouse - Strome - Keller
Perlini - Chucky - Fisch
Grabner - Stepan - Hino
Not Panik - Richie - Cousins

I also believe Grabner could do well on the first line instead of Crouse

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Ironically enough, gallly hasn't been the player we signed.... I'm willing to guess he's got one of the lower shot totals on the team.

Gally is around 2 shots per game, which isn't good enough considering the top goal scorers in the league average 4-5 shots per game.

On the other hand, he leads the team in pt per game, but barely cracks the top 100 for the league. Bottom line, we need more scoring.

zj77ux.png

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Fischer has been just as quiet

Perlini, too. It's an incredibly inconsistent line overall.

Perlini, Fischer, Strome and Crouse HAVE to give us much more. 13 pts. between them is terrible. It's evident the vets are what they are and most are second and third liners. IF we are going to improve it will have to come from the kids.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
That 6 year Smith deal just killed our flexibility on goaltending for this organization. Greiss has to be moved when his contract comes due. We do a tremendous job resurrecting Dubnyk and then he’s moved. I appreciated Smiths contribution but way too many years for an injury plagued guy at high $.

Getting Smith out and bringing in Rannta will go down as Chayka statement moves.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad