GDT: Game #13 of the season Sharks visit Ducks 10:00 PM ET on 2 - 6 - 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 18, 2011
One edge the Ducks have on the other California teams is they don”t have these multiple big contracts carrying declining players well into their late 30’s, early 40’s.
Yeah unfortunately the Kings are better positioned to get better faster because they have the young centers coming but our "bad contracts" like Henrique are better than say Karlsson and Doughty....

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
Honestly, I disagree with all of you.

Considering Shatty's past shootout history and his struggles, it wasn't a bad move to play him in the SO.
I see your point but I just don't think the shoot out is time to break your snake bitten streak. Don't get me wrong, I hope shatt turns it around, I voted for him I first goal tonight.

Mortal Wombat

Dec 7, 2014
That line of Comtois - Lundestrom - Rakell was sexy as hell. Thought they would get another goal tonight.
fcdzyNC.gif

Indeed, I would like to see more of them. Rakell is snakebit right now but if he keeps getting chances the ketchup will flow sooner or later.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Curious what happens when Jones is healthy. Eakins in his presser commented on how the kids are emerging from competing for minutes with each other to now competing with the vets for those minutes. Stephens mentioned heinen as a victim of this tonight, he hardly played.

Oct 18, 2011
This week we saw some improvement after the disaster games vs the Blues, obviously much lower competition but STL is a high end playoff team

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
I see your point but I just don't think the shoot out is time to break your snake bitten streak. Don't get me wrong, I hope shatt turns it around, I voted for him I first goal tonight.

If that move had to do with anyone being snakebitten I'd wager it had to do with Rakell not being able to buy one and whiffing on two grade A chances to win it. Don't think I've ever heard of someone giving someone a go in the shootout to help their confidence, that's a weird theory.

McDonald19

Sep 9, 2003
California
Curious what happens when Jones is healthy. Eakins in his presser commented on how the kids are emerging from competing for minutes with each other to now competing with the vets for those minutes. Stephens mentioned heinen as a victim of this tonight, he hardly played.

There really isn’t a spot for him now, and he has AHL eligibility. Sucks for him, because he was playing fairly well before the injury.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Maybe Kopitar with the $10 mil cap hit at 34,35,36. So far he isn’t trending down yet though. They also get Brown and Carter off the books after 21-22, so they are in a good situation there.

Yeah but at least I that case it's only a couple more years and Anze is still producing at a pretty high level, the worst likely scenario there is that he's like Getzlaf is now for us. Not the greatest but you can work with that, although pairing it with Doughty's albatross may lead to some issues.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site

I don't know if he gets back in for a regular role this year. The Gulls might lose Tracey soon so he could go down and take his spot for now.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Reminder that Lundestrom just turned 21.
This
Terry 's skating seems so much better than when he first broke in. He backed up the sharks at the blueline countless times tonight.
He even beat Karlsson a couple of times IIRC.

---
When Getzy comes back, would love to see Steel sent down to the Gulls. I don't believe it will happen, but I would like to do it. Just to get his confidence back.

Terry and Comtois looking very good last few games.
As others mentioned, Comtois-Lundy-Rakell line was awesome. All players were good on that line

MCB

Jun 21, 2019
If that move had to do with anyone being snakebitten I'd wager it had to do with Rakell not being able to buy one and whiffing on two grade A chances to win it. Don't think I've ever heard of someone giving someone a go in the shootout to help their confidence, that's a weird theory.
Are you agreeing with me or not? Because if not that’s what happened with shatt, he got a go to help, he blew it.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
3 game point streak, 5 points in 6 games. Really not bad at all considering a lacking offense.

This is where these new divisions will suck, since after putting together some wins and a little point streak in the last three, they have to face friggin Vegas again and in Vegas.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
So right now what works
Henrique w/ terry
Lundy w/ Rakell and comtois

I wonder if we ever consider a line up like

Henrique getzlaf terry
Comtois Lundy Rakell
Heinen steel silfverberg
Grant Rowney deslauries- backes

Prob have to give Milano and Jones looks throughout the season.... makes for competition in the line up tho

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
So right now what works
Henrique w/ terry

Henrique getzlaf terry
Comtois Lundy Rakell
Heinen steel silfverberg

Prob have to give Milano and Jones looks throughout the season.... makes for competition in the line up tho

Team has started to find some chemistry. With no pre-season it was going to take some time. I think separating Rakell, Henrique, and Silf has been a wise move.

If they can start finishing better and with goaltending staying strong, who knows what could happen.

Quackattack

Feb 2, 2019
So right now what works
Henrique w/ terry

Henrique getzlaf terry
Comtois Lundy Rakell
Heinen steel silfverberg

I like it. I think the top 6 is growing. The bottom 6 definitely still needs “work” if we are going to win consistently. I think keep the bottom 6 in a blender including Jones and Milano and see what sticks.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
So, we've got to the quarter mark of the Ducks season and looks like they're really going for to make history with this PP. Worst ever PP% in NHL was 97-98 Lightning with 9.6%. Ducks are now at 6.7% and Wild seems to be giving some competition with their 7.1% however they're a couple of games behind. At least whatever records this year brings will come with an asterisk.

Anyhow, the kids seemed alright. A lot of mishandled/bad passes though which seems to be something this team has had trouble with for a couple of seasons now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad