GDT: Game #13 of the season Sharks visit Ducks 10:00 PM ET on 2 - 6 - 21

Status
Not open for further replies.

bracer028

Apr 18, 2018
This

He even beat Karlsson a couple of times IIRC.

---
When Getzy comes back, would love to see Steel sent down to the Gulls. I don't believe it will happen, but I would like to do it. Just to get his confidence back.

Terry and Comtois looking very good last few games.
As others mentioned, Comtois-Lundy-Rakell line was awesome. All players were good on that line
Why would you send steel down. Hes proven he can play in the nhl

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Why would you send steel down. Hes proven he can play in the nhl
Because in my opinion he has been looking a bit overwhelmed at times and as I said, I would like him to get his confidence back. I think playing in the AHL for a while could help that.

SoCal Dreaming

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2020
Missed the game but watched the highlights. Nice going by the kids. Positive trend. Im hoping this is the season were they figure it all out and come out hungrier next season. If they make the playoffs, even better experience wise.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
Because in my opinion he has been looking a bit overwhelmed at times and as I said, I would like him to get his confidence back. I think playing in the AHL for a while could help that.

Steel still isn't waiver eligible? I know he's still young, but it feels like he's been in a good amount of each season for years now.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
So right now what works
Henrique w/ terry
Lundy w/ Rakell and comtois

I wonder if we ever consider a line up like

Henrique getzlaf terry
Comtois Lundy Rakell
Heinen steel silfverberg
Grant Rowney deslauries- backes

Prob have to give Milano and Jones looks throughout the season.... makes for competition in the line up tho

I think Steel needs a break. With Steel's promotion to centering two vets, Steel isn't hemmed in often. Yet, that line hasn't done much aside from being good defensively. That line was is essentially the same as when Rico was centering that line. Steel is in a better situation than Lundy is, but Lundy is starting to take off.

If Grant, Getz, Backes, and Lundy are all healthy, then we should run all four centers and give Steel a break or two. Before Backes and Lundy were inserted at center, we had Getz, Rico, Steel, and Grant. There was a reason why the fourth line was playing 2nd line minutes at that time. It depicts the weakness down the middle with Rico and Steel, which was my opinion by the fourth line was playing 2nd line minutes. Maybe Steel's wingers are just weak with Comtois and Terry. I thought Jones should replace Terry to add grit into that line. But with Lundy centering Comtois and Rakell (who plays similarly to Terry and just as cold before making the line switching), that line is taking off.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Steel still isn't waiver eligible? I know he's still young, but it feels like he's been in a good amount of each season for years now.
He and Jones are still on their ELC's. This is the season when we still can send them down.

I felt we made a big mistake with Ritchie by not sending him down when he was struggling.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Steel is still waiver eligible, as per capfriendly, and is on his last year of his ELC.

Steel, NHL games
2018-19: 22 games
2019-20: 65 games (-13)
2020-21: 13 games​

Last season, Steel looked overwhelmed, but we didn't have any talent that could give him a break. Steel started off the season strong, but hasn't so far. If we're able to sit Terry for a game or two, then the same could be done for Steel. Also, let's see if Steel is also a weak link by inserting Grant into his position.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I feel lile people are over stating Lundestroms achievements the last few games. I don't think Steel looks like he is struggling that much. I haven't looked at the numbers but I wouldn't be surprised that in Getzlaf's absence if the Steel line is facing tougher usage. Both Lundeatrom and Steel have 1 pt in the last 3 games.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I feel lile people are over stating Lundestroms achievements the last few games. I don't think Steel looks like he is struggling that much. I haven't looked at the numbers but I wouldn't be surprised that in Getzlaf's absence if the Steel line is facing tougher usage. Both Lundeatrom and Steel have 1 pt in the last 3 games.
Eye test favors Lundy in those last games quite a bit, imo. Lundestroms takes the puck and carries it, protects it and tries to find the open seams, while putting pressure on the opposition like that. Steel was just reactionary, did not create much if anything.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
comtois has developed the best out of he, jones, steel, and terry and is the closest in terms of becoming a top 6 forward

Disagree. I think his potential is a like 35-20 guy. He isn’t exactly creative but he sure can finish.

I think Terry and Steel both have more potential but Steel has forsure developed the best 200 foot game out of all three on top of his solid offense this season.

sasha barkov

Nov 4, 2016
Disagree. I think his potential is a like 35-20 guy. He isn’t exactly creative but he sure can finish.

I think Terry and Steel both have more potential but Steel has forsure developed the best 200 foot game out of all three on top of his solid offense this season.
You believe Terry and Steel's potential is greater than 55 point players ?

Bergey37

May 19, 2019

I don't know what you mean by creativity in this context; what I DO see is a kid who works hard in the corners, can dig out pucks, maintain possession and consistently get open in the right places. So if by "creativity" you mean an Adam Oates type assist machine, well he's probably not that. But he does create opportunities by the hard work he does; and yes, he can finish! That bad turnover early last year that cost a goal and resulted in him going back down has probably done a lot for him. IMHO he's learned more about playing at the NHL level than either Steel or Terry at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad