GDT: Game 12: Flames @ Sabres - 10/30 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
That's why I want Botterill to go D in the draft. Right now, the Sabres have Guhle, Borgen, Pilut, Samuelsson, Bryson, and Laaksonen in the organization, but none of them have the pedigree of a player like Valimaki (maybe Pilut, though he's older). Would love to see Botterill add two first round defenders and stack the organization. Imagine having a third pairing with the potential of Valimaki and Andersson.
botts should draft BPA

Wayne Primeau

Stay Gold
Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa
Gl tonight.

Somebody asked earlier -- Brodie plays the right side. He's been a pretty seamless replacement for Hamilton thus far this year and unlike Dougie he actually allows Giordano to score.

Watch out for Noah Hanifin. He's... shaky.

A couple guys might be due to break out in this game. James Neal, Sam Bennett, Mark Jankowski, and Derek Ryan are all on horribly unlucky stretches. Lots of posts and great saves against each guy. Dillon Dubé and Rasmus Andersson are both still looking for their first NHL goals, so there' s something.

Don't get scared when the Flames go on the PP, our coach refuses to let guys shoot one-timers and it's infuriating.

Rittich has been the Flames' better goalie this year, but he might be due for a rough game. I like your guys' chances.

littletonhockeycoach

NOT the Hanson Bros.....
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2008
Littleton, Co
I’ll be going to this one tonight. I’ve yet to witness a win in person this season.
I’m the jinx. Blame me.
We lose tonight 3-1. Sorry.

Not confirming the jinx part. Just agree with you that Calgary wins tonight.

They will start out slow...Buffalo may even get the lead and Peters will tell them its time to get physical. And thats when things will get interesting....

Sabres respond (Bogo, Risto, Girgs) but end up taking penalties that give Monahan, Tkachuk, Gaudreau and Neal space to play. Saw Calagary do this to Zhadarov, Landeskog, Borque, etc. in Denver a couple of weeks ago.

I definitely want to be wrong. Just a matter of they gotta show me.........

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
Dude does it matter? Clearly he has lost his spot in the lineup. I mean Phil has just shown us all how much more he LOVES Sobotka than ERod. It's plain to see.
Sobotka is more useful than Thompson. If anyone should lose their spot to ERod its Thompson.

Reactions: Snippit

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
My worries this game:

- That second line is the line that does us in.
- Dahlin not use to playing the left side has a terrible game.

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Huh? I enjoy their defensive play greatly and hope it continues.

But that has nothing to do with my question or what you posted? Does it?

You have to watch and see! When you see those scoring chances they generate, and if you don’t see the art, that’s on YOU

nickdawg95

scoutdawg
Jan 7, 2016
That's how you end up with the Oilers. Always taking BPA and not caring if that player is actually a fit
you're just flat out wrong here. if we're picking lets say 27, 20 and 12th why wouldn't we draft BPA? we'd probably end up drafting a combination of a D-man winger center give or take maybe 2 wingers and a d-man but still it's not a big deal. either way we have 3 1st this draft. we have our number 1 dman in the making in dahlin and a number 1 centre in jack. just draft bpa and lets see if any of them become the next Boeser chabot connor or dare i say... PASTANAK. anyways shouldn't be talking about this in this thread.

SABRES 5-2

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I wonder what spurred Housley to flip Sobotka and Mitts wingers. I’m glad he did it on the one hand because I think its a better fit for Mitts and Sam. But on the other hand its not a great use of Thompson if he’s on a defensively focused line.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
I wonder what spurred Housley to flip Sobotka and Mitts wingers. I’m glad he did it on the one hand because I think its a better fit for Mitts and Sam. But on the other hand its not a great use of Thompson if he’s on a defensively focused line.
Is he trying to force Thompson to work on his defensive game? I would think that is too much for a kid who is trying to simplify his play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad