GDT: Game 12: Flames @ Sabres - 10/30 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
Very interesting contribution, as usual. Positivity Police never sleeps.

At your service.

JIN330.jpg

JRiz13

Apr 29, 2013
ATL
This is the best GDT of all time. It's how you know the team has turned a corner - 12 - 1/2 sabres - Eichel (3) Larsson (4) Dahlin (2) Hutton (3). Johnny Hockey scores an own butt goal, but the refs call half of it back after a video review.
The bolded is ridiculous. We all know Larsson can't score 4 goals.

Im going 4-3 Sabres.
Eichel
Skinner x2
Dahlin

Monahan
Godreau
Brodie

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
5-2 Sabres. Eichel (3) Rhino (1) Dahlin (1). Eichel's sh% gets a little correction. Calgary pulls the goalie down by 2, and Eichel gets an empty netter to finish a Hatty.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Thoughts:

- Love the Dahlin - Ristolainen pairing. Now gotta get Scandella a RHD partner to take on top match-ups. Or a LHD to take the RD spot.
- Bennett still on the 3rd line for Calgary. Hoping he shakes loose out of Calgary at some point. I don't think he'll ever live up to his draft spot, but he'd be a good winger for Eichel or Mittelstadt. 200 foot game, fast, physical.
- Not worried about ERod not being in the line-up. Have three kids, and staying up for a 24+ hour period flattens you physically and emotionally. Giving the guy a few days to get his wife home and new family schedule down is the right thing to do.

Reactions: nickdawg95

RobRayzor

Drugs are bad,mmmmmkay
Jun 23, 2016
Helsinki
Dahlin-Risto is interesting...
Rasmuses remind me of a Finnish rock band called "The Rasmus". In 2003 they had a song called "In the Shadows", which was rocking in almost entire Europe at that time. Would be funny if this song was played if any of them 2 scored. :D

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
- Love the Dahlin - Ristolainen pairing. Now gotta get Scandella a RHD partner to take on top match-ups. Or a LHD to take the RD spot.
Didn't hate Scandella/Bogo last game. You don't think that works as a shut down pair?

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

FORWARDS
Johnny Gaudreau - Sean Monahan - Elias Lindholm
Matthew Tkachuk - Mikael Backlund - Michael Frolik
Sam Bennett - Mark Jankowski - James Neal
Dillon Dube - Derek Ryan - Garnet Hathaway

DEFENCE
Mark Giordano - TJ Brodie
Noah Hanifin - Travis Hamonic
Juuso Valimaki - Rasmus Andersson

GOALTENDER
David Rittich

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
Didn't hate Scandella/Bogo last game. You don't think that works as a shut down pair?

I think Bogosian has some proving to do both physically and mentally before anyone can count on him to be a regular defenseman, much less part of a shutdown pairing. But the idea of a hammer-style defenseman like Bogosian, healthy and playing sound positionally, against the league's top lines, is a great idea. Bogosian skates well enough to keep up and could make life really hard on opponents.

Der Jaeger

Generational EBUG
Feb 14, 2009
Cair Paravel
I love Calgary's d corps

That's why I want Botterill to go D in the draft. Right now, the Sabres have Guhle, Borgen, Pilut, Samuelsson, Bryson, and Laaksonen in the organization, but none of them have the pedigree of a player like Valimaki (maybe Pilut, though he's older). Would love to see Botterill add two first round defenders and stack the organization. Imagine having a third pairing with the potential of Valimaki and Andersson.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
That's why I want Botterill to go D in the draft. Right now, the Sabres have Guhle, Borgen, Pilut, Samuelsson, Bryson, and Laaksonen in the organization, but none of them have the pedigree of a player like Valimaki (maybe Pilut, though he's older). Would love to see Botterill add two first round defenders and stack the organization. Imagine having a third pairing with the potential of Valimaki and Andersson.

I have to start looking into prospects for next year's draft, but we still need help everywhere. I'm fine with BPA with a preference towards D if two guys who are close. I'm thinking that if we get all three picks for next draft we'll end up with two picks in the mid-to-late teens and one in the 26-30 range from San Jose.

MayDayMayDay

Out here doing time bandit shit...
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Little worried about tonights game. McCabes injury if he doesnt play and the subsequent line shuffling in particular concern me that it might disrupt the flow they've established these last few games.

I'ma say Sabres win a squeaker, 2-1.

Reactions: DJN21

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Their shot shares were brutal - below 40% when no other Sabre was below 50%

Though I might be thinking of Thursday's game.

Anyway, as the small-sample-size guy, that stuff is backed by the fact that Scandella has been abominable this year and cannot make decisions at NHL speed for some reason.

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
I don’t believe this

One of my favorite things about Larsson and girgensons (and now berglund) being good at generating scoring chances is how it demonstrates their inability to score.

Why is it a good thing to see Berglund unable to score goals with opportunity?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->