GDT: Game 12: Flames @ Sabres - 10/30 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
I'm not excited about that 3rd pairing, I think our top 4 plays 55/60 minutes tonight

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
He's so clearly able to play that he's not.

This is so dumb. So he is healthy enough to skate in the morning, after missing a game for non health reasons, but maybe he is too sleepy for a game at 7 pm, or too unhealthy to skate when it’s dark outside.

If he needs sleep, why make him come in for a morning skate??

#sleepgate

Dirty Dog

Wooftastic
Sponsor
Jul 11, 2013
The doghouse
Uh oh, here he is to save the day and rail against any posts he perceives as "too pessimistic."

Well you are assuming a double standard based off two different situations, one of which we really don’t know about.

It’s his first day back from an absence, if you want infer reasons as to why he isn’t playing tonight and hold them against the coach, and then state it’s a double standard, then go ahead!

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
This is so dumb. So he is healthy enough to skate in the morning, after missing a game for non health reasons, but maybe he is too sleepy for a game at 7 pm, or too unhealthy to skate when it’s dark outside.

If he needs sleep, why make him come in for a morning skate??

#sleepgate

Turning this into "#sleepgate" is definitely the dumbest post in the thread. Could be lots of reasons that stem from the birth...or something entirely different. Let's just pretend Housley has no particular reason, and pretend that explanation makes more sense though. J...F...C...

sabrebuild

Apr 21, 2014
Pittsburgh
Turning this into "#sleepgate" is definitely the dumbest post in the thread. Could be lots of reasons that stem from the birth...or something entirely different. Let's just pretend Housley has no particular reason, and pretend that explanation makes more sense though. J...F...C...

I think you didn’t follow, I’m making fun of sleepgate, because it’s silly, extremely unlikely to be the reason and as you said the definition of random speculation.

Similarly we have no idea why Housley went that way. No idea if he had a good reason or bad.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Dahlin-Risto is interesting...

c7984e9c7cb57466-2048x1024.jpg

Release the Rasmi!

Reactions: Sansbacon

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
Maybe people creating something out of nothing. Everything isn't a conspiracy or an example of incompetence. :eyeroll:

I'll be sure to not state my disagreement with a lineup decision, on a message board, in a GDT, lest it be exaggerated as a "conspiracy" theory or stating that the coach is incompetent.

Seriously, how do you get from me expressing simple disagreement with a coaching decision, to claiming that I'm espousing conspiracy theories or contending the coach is incompetent. I understand that your shtick is to target anyone you believe is "complaining" or being "pessimistic," but give it a rest, FFS.

Reactions: Doug Prishpreed

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Calgary played last night. These are the type of games you want to see them win. Hopefully the goal production continues.

Absolutely!

Not to mention they beat the Leafs. So they may come in tonight without as big of a push.

Sabres need to be all over them early on

Tonight is a really big test for this group. Playoff teams take these points.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
This is the best GDT of all time. It's how you know the team has turned a corner - 12 - 1/2 sabres - Eichel (3) Larsson (4) Dahlin (2) Hutton (3). Johnny Hockey scores an own butt goal, but the refs call half of it back after a video review.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
Should be an exciting tilt between two teams with high end talent. Hope the Sabres defend their blue line, if they do I think Buffalo wins. Cut down on the offensive zone pinching, don't want to run and gun against that first line. They'll get their chances if they're patient.

DatGuy

Sep 25, 2015
Housley is punishing E-Rod for not planning the birth of his son to be during the offseason.

:sarcasm:
Knowing Phil, this is the most realistic reason. Losing your stop due to a birth in the family is freaking crazy. One thing of note is that it is Tage’s birthday today.

Also, what do we do when Wilson is healthy, remember that guy?

#sleepgate

Reactions: Dingo44

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I'll be sure to not state my disagreement with a lineup decision, on a message board, in a GDT, lest it be exaggerated as a "conspiracy" theory or stating that the coach is incompetent.

Seriously, how do you get from me expressing simple disagreement with a coaching decision, to claiming that I'm espousing conspiracy theories or contending the coach is incompetent. I understand that your shtick is to target anyone you believe is "complaining" or being "pessimistic," but give it a rest, FFS.

Do what you want, Brah. And I'll do my thing. You act like I'm the only one calling out the nonsense. I wasn't even the first in this thread.

I've actually been pretty happy with the board lately. Winning tends to bring people together. There have been mostly even-keeled and well-thought-out posts from all sides for the last week or so and it's been nice. :bee:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad