GDT: Game 12: Flames @ Sabres - 10/30 7pm ET (MSG-B, WGR 550)

Sansbacon

Sep 26, 2006
Westchester, NY
ERod goes home to see the birth of his first child. Promptly loses spot in the lineup.

Sobotka misses games 2 and 3, both Sabres wins. Promptly gets lineup spot back when ready to return.

In case you are wondering who Housley believes is more integral to the team's success.
Maybe tonight is the scheduled placenta party...?

Reactions: Vito_81 and Zip15

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
ERod goes home to see the birth of his first child. Promptly loses spot in the lineup.

Sobotka misses games 2 and 3, both Sabres wins. Promptly gets lineup spot back when ready to return.

In case you are wondering who Housley believes is more integral to the team's success.

I wouldn't be surprised if ERod hasn't slept more than a few hours.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
Unless something changed I believe ERod was out last game for personal reasons, not necessarily due to injury or his play. May still be the case tonight.

ERod had a baby boy. He probably hasn't slept in days but that never stops Internet message board warriors from creating conspiracies to get angry over.

I really like the potential of Sheary Mitts and Reinhart as a real productive 2nd line if Mitts continues to play with confidence.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future

This is silly. E-Rod's spot has never been in danger. Even Phil must see that he is one of our most consistent forwards. And it's not Sobotka who is taking over in Erods absence, it's Tage.

Lastly, do we know the circumstances surrounding the birth? This has been played pretty tight to the vest, referring to it as a personal matter. Normally the birth of a child is big news announced during broadcast. Maybe there is a reason he is still out - outside of the usual lack of sleep and new parent jitters. I hope not, but we don't know for sure what's going on behind the scenes.

Reactions: Sabresfansince1980

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
This is silly. E-Rod's spot has never been in danger. Even Phil must see that he is one of our most consistent forwards. And it's not Sobotka who is taking over in Erods absence, it's Tage.

Lastly, do we know the circumstances surrounding the birth? This has been played pretty tight to the vest, referring to it as a personal matter. Normally the birth of a child is big news announced during broadcast. Maybe there is a reason he is still out - outside of the usual lack of sleep and new parent jitters. I hope not, but we don't know for sure what's going on behind the scenes.

He said the yesterday that mom and baby are fine...

:dunno:

Zip15

Jun 3, 2009
Bodymore
This is silly. E-Rod's spot has never been in danger.

I didn't say it was in danger in the long-term. But he's here, skating, so he's pretty clearly able to play.

Even Phil must see that he is one of our most consistent forwards. And it's not Sobotka who is taking over in Erods absence, it's Tage.

I'm aware of that. But the principle is that he was previously willing to reinsert an inferior player (Sobotka), after two wins, and seems to be sitting ERod for a second game, when ERod is better than the player in for him (Tage).

I hope mom and baby are happy and healthy. But if there was an issue, I doubt he'd be taking a gameday morning skate with the team, as he was this morning.

Some are going to say this is much ado about nothing - though they're the ones making much ado about a mere observation that I think Housley is silly for keeping ERod in the press box - and that's fine.

Reactions: sabrebuild

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Some are going to say this is much ado about nothing - though they're the ones making much ado about a mere observation that I think Housley is silly for keeping ERod in the press box - and that's fine.
I'd say let's wait for someone from the press to ask why E-Rod isn't playing, but you can't count on them to ask a relevant question. Maybe E-Rod's just too exhausted to be able to handle the grind of a 60 minute game, but isn't willing to miss a practice. Who knows :dunno:

Reactions: Aladyyn

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Either way, ready to play or not, sometimes there's reasons why players get healthy scratched that fans don't get to know about. I don't care. This is the one time or here or there little stuff that doesn't get me worked up until there's a trend that requires explanation. I prefer to assume the HC has reasons other than bothering certain fans' line-up preferences.

Reactions: Rasmi

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
Either way, ready to play or not, sometimes there's reasons why players get healthy scratched that fans don't get to know about. I don't care. This is the one time or here or there little stuff that doesn't get me worked up until there's a trend that requires explanation. I prefer to assume the HC has reasons other than bothering certain fans' line-up preferences.

Although Erod came in for the morning skate, it could be as simple as Phil excusing him to go back home and be with his family up until game time (while others stay for video, maintenance, etc.). I don't read much into it other than Phil is supportive and respects his player's personal lives. Birth of a child is awesome, but it straight up destroys life as you once knew it :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad