Post-Game Talk: Game 10: Avalanche @ Hurricanes | Avs Lose 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaggy88

Bananular phone
Nov 13, 2013

The first. Boston used him against weak competition. There's a reason why he struggled against second line competition in the east when he was called up after injury. Is it going to be easier in the west? No.

The second, watch the interviews, look at Roy's eyes. He's not happy but he's not throwing his guys under the bus, it's not his style and I respect that. Just my opinion. Feel free to add more discussion and I'll happily respond

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
The first. Boston used him against weak competition. There's a reason why he struggled against second line competition in the east when he was called up after injury. Is it going to be easier in the west? No.

The second, watch the interviews, look at Roy's eyes. He's not happy but he's not throwing his guys under the bus, it's not his style and I respect that. Just my opinion. Feel free to add more discussion and I'll happily respond

"IMO the loss are mute on the players and not the couch"

I was refering to that. Not sure how I managed to double quote you.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
I think people are overestimating the injuries. I bet Duchene, landeskog, Johnson are all fine there just playing like ****.

Shaggy88

Bananular phone
Nov 13, 2013
Looks atrocious to be honest. As I've said in the past, if it's not mental issues, sit. Physical issues need time to heal

I disagree he looks atrocious. He looks like #2 to Beauch instead of #1 to Beauxmch #2. Adjustment period? Injury? Who knows

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs are very easy to play against. Have numbers back through the neutral zone and don't play passive around the defensive blue line and you have pretty much neutered them. Not enough skill, speed and compete to create anything.

I don't think a single player was particularly good today. Small flashes from Skille and MacKinnon but they were just going through the motion.

Stupid penalties from Mitchell and Landeskog. Bad PP that can only move the puck around with no intentions of getting the puck or players to the net. Avs version of boxing out players in the crease is just kinda being there, as if they have some sort of repulsion aura.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Whether he's at center or wing, Soderberg needs to play with good offensive players. He's awful on faceoffs so having another center on his line wouldn't be a bad idea.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I'm watching the Rampage right now, its good to see the direct contrast. i see the difference in urgency now. They play SO aggressive you wouldn't think its he same org.

An idea: call up the entire Rampage and demote the Avs.

Shaggy88

Bananular phone
Nov 13, 2013
I'm watching the Rampage right now, its good to see the direct contrast. i see the difference in urgency now. They play SO aggressive you wouldn't think its he same org.

the question is, how do the Avs get that to translate to the NHL? Time? I'm willing to be patient so long as the results are there

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
Sad, sad team to watch, get all excited for a new season, eliminated by game 10, what's our pace 75 points? Nevermind the problems, is there any other bright spot other than Mack? No worries the puck drops for next season in 337 days, **** that team, since 09 good god how long does it take to build a semi decent team.

shadow1

Nov 29, 2008
An uninspired effort, but capitalizing on the power play could have been the difference between 2 points and 0. I'd argue the Avs could easily have 4 more points in the standings if not for the lifeless unit.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I went on a Twitter rant about it, but more forwards on the Avs need to hold onto the puck and look to make a play like Soderberg. His teammates aren't used to it yet, and it's obviously something he was taught that the rest of this team wasn't. He looks calm with the puck. Everyone else is so jittery. Look to make a play, don't jam it up the boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad