Post-Game Talk: Game 10: Avalanche @ Hurricanes | Avs Lose 3-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

FALAPARK17

Colorado Avalanche
Jul 10, 2015
Winnipeg
Its so hard to figure out why there seems to be a lack of passion with this team...showing up for 2 minutes at the end of the game already down 2 doesn't cut it. The team struggled in all 3 zones tonight and it just baffles me...is it Roy's strategy and he's too stubborn to change it up or are the players just not executing or a mix of both?

Maybe theres a drift between the players and the coaching staff?

But anyway Roys gotta go, he has his own system he wants to run, but the players aren't suited for it. Either that, or talk to his players and try and spark some fire in them, cause this type of play is gonna kill their confidence in the long run.

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO
I thought Liles had another good game against us. Maybe it's just that everyone who goes to Toronto ends up sucking, because I still think he's a more than serviceable 3rd pairing PP QB

The guy immediately got downgraded it seemed like on our team too. I remember reading this message board and reading what seemed like half complaints and half praise. From my perspective he was a great second paring defenseman that was relied on too heavily during our ****** post blake years... I also thought he'd be worth more than a second when he was traded due to the value of other similarly producing older players at the time that got more. Toronto I think got a first for Kaberle(?) that year we traded Liles for a 40+ pick.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
That's our Captain.

Lazy ass play on the third goal then proceeds to take the dumbest penatly you can take with less than 6 minutes left in the game. Sigh.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
In a shocking turn of events the "Canes" remove their jersey revealing that they are in fact the Avs in an Halloween costume.

We win! We win! We wiiiiiiin!

Shaggy88

Bananular phone
Nov 13, 2013
That's our Captain.

Lazy ass play on the third goal then proceeds to take the dumbest penatly you can take with less than 6 minutes left in the game. Sigh.

I gotta agree. Landy has been atrocious. If he's hurt, which is what I think the case is, sit him and let him rest.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Soderberg is decent. A goode centre option. Slightly better than John Mitchell in my book.

Look, he has never been a 4.75M player and never will be, so it's pretty unfair to have those expectations on him. Not his fault he was handed that contract.

I think he's much better than Mitchell but I agree about the contract. The way Roy is using him isn't playing to his strengths at all though IMO.

Shaggy88

Bananular phone
Nov 13, 2013
I think he's much better than Mitchell but I agree about the contract. The way Roy is using him isn't playing to his strengths at all though IMO.

Agreed here too. He needs to be out against weaker competition. Not used as a de facto shut down C

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
It's this type of season that makes me wish I was a bandwagon fan.

It would be so much easier to switch team right now.:cry:

Shaggy88

Bananular phone
Nov 13, 2013
What makes u think hes hurt?

GCL. A couple times they've shown him returning to the bench with a wince and he seems to be favoring one leg over the other. I saw another poster day maybe a nagging groin injury? That'd be my guess. He certainly hasn't looked himself

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I gotta agree. Landy has been atrocious. If he's hurt, which is what I think the case is, sit him and let him rest.

FYI I am not trying to be anti-Landeskog at all, because the PP units is the reason why we lost, but he has been atrocious the last two games. I am wondering if Roy should play him with Soderberg, maybe separate the scoring more since only one line (besides extra attacker) has scored in the last two games...

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
damn I truly thought we had a decent team this year. I guess just not enough heart? Or just not enough skill. Either way i think this is the beginning of the end for roy, players seemed to tune him out, his system isn't working. Im starting to get flashbacks to the sacco years.

I don't see this team making the playoffs in this division with this start.

hoserthehorrible

Jul 15, 2003
Colorado
This is a tough team to watch right now. They're having a lot of trouble making simple passes, they aren't playing physical enough in front of the own net, they are having an atrocious time on the powerplay, and tonight they didn't have much of a compete level except for a brief minute at the end of the game.

Roy may not be the greatest coach in the world but I'm not sure Scotty Bowman could get this team playing the right way. Roy is staying positive in front of the media for the most part but the look in his eyes is almost a defeated look. It's not good right now, not good at all.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Sometimes i wonder if the biggest issue with this team is compete level and leadership. Need a better captain on the ice maybe?

Shaggy88

Bananular phone
Nov 13, 2013
This is a tough team to watch right now. They're having a lot of trouble making simple passes, they aren't playing physical enough in front of the own net, they are having an atrocious time on the powerplay, and tonight they didn't have much of a compete level except for a brief minute at the end of the game.

Roy may not be the greatest coach in the world but I'm not sure Scotty Bowman could get this team playing the right way. Roy is staying positive in front of the media for the most part but the look in his eyes is almost a defeated look. It's not good right now, not good at all.

Agreed here too. His eyes, not his mouth, tell the story. He's pissed. He knows the players can be better but they aren't. IMO the loss are on the players and not the couch

Last edited:

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
It's just a lifeless team. They play with no heart. The guys who do play with heart are the least talented players on the team, Skille and McLeod. Unacceptable.

I so badly wish that whoever was hurt would sit, because they aren't doing the team any favours playing injured.

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
Sometimes i wonder if the biggest issue with this team is compete level and leadership. Need a better captain on the ice maybe?

I feel as though landeskog was too young to get the captain. He has it in him but the extra pressure i think has hurt his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad