Eddie Lack​

happyh.gif

:handclap: GO AVS GO :handclap:

Last edited:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Why not try Duchene with Tanguay and Iginla, that might get Duchene going, MacKinnon is producing with Landeskog anyway.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
Why not try Duchene with Tanguay and Iginla, that might get Duchene going, MacKinnon is producing with Landeskog anyway.
So before last game, it was "Get Duchene away from Iggy", and now it's, "put Duchene with both old guys".

And MacK and Landy weren't producing together.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Tanguay-Mack-Iginla was our best line last night. They'll stick until they stop producing.

Landy - Duchene had some moments yesterday, I'd give them a few games together to see if they can find a spark. It sucks Rantanen got sent down, a Landy-Duchene-Rantanen line would have been a good opportunity for him.

I'm calling an OT win tonight. Carolina also played and traveled last night.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
Feeling this will be a solid game with some goals. 5-0 Avs.

I think either Greg or Zadorov get their first tonight. Go Avs! :yo:

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So before last game, it was "Get Duchene away from Iggy", and now it's, "put Duchene with both old guys".

And MacK and Landy weren't producing together.

Duchene was with Iginla and Skille, it might be different with Iginla and Tanguay since Tanguay and Iginla play well together

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
0-0, goes to a 10 round SO and finally rock-paper-scissors best 2/3. Last round, Landeskog pulls out a rock (of course) against former friend Skinner, who whips out scissors in reference to him having "cut" his career short. After the game everyone goes for beers and talks about which teams will get Matthews.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
All in with the funny money again today.

Really hoping Matt gets it going, scores a goal or two and acts like it's nothing out of the ordinary.

Also looking forward to continued good play from Varly and MacK. They were pretty terrific last night.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
Finally get to watch my first full game of the season. God it sucks working 75 hours a week, thank god for radio. But hoping for a W tonight, it could really help turn some things around.

I'd like to see the 3rd line do something productive tonight offensively. Secondary scoring is always a welcome addition. Everberg and Comeau are the right guys to crash the net, they just have to find a way to get the puck on net and crash.

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
We need to string some wins together.

Just looked at the schedule, I won't be able to watch the next 4 games live because of work. Not cool.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I'm thinking we come back down to Earth and the 'Canes have their way with us; 5-2 or something like that.

Varly or Berra? I had heard Berra, but I see Varly listed in the OP lineup.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm thinking we come back down to Earth and the 'Canes have their way with us; 5-2 or something like that.

Varly or Berra? I had heard Berra, but I see Varly listed in the OP lineup.

Roy said Varly.

Can we make it two in a row?!?!? Feeling good about this one.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Roy said Varly.

Can we make it two in a row?!?!? Feeling good about this one.

Yeah, lets all take a leap of faith and channel some positive energy on this one.

Nothing would make me more happy than to see this team develop some momentum from last night.

If they get positive results tonight, that means they end OCT just under .500 by one point. 9/10, If they can get going before their schedule fills up with Division opponents they might actually climb out of the hole.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Hopefully Comeau sees that Skille is playing with the type of effort Comeau has to play with to be effective and gets going. Comeau is better suited at playing with Duchene, but only when the effort and fearlessness is there.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Looking at the boxscore from last night and I see Beauchemin played over 27 mins. I wonder if that'll effect him at all on a back to back. It was a close game that we really needed so no issue with him being used a lot at even strength yesterday. Could probably do without the additional 6:38 on the PP though. MacKinnon is the only one who had more PP time.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Looking at the boxscore from last night and I see Beauchemin played over 27 mins. I wonder if that'll effect him at all on a back to back. It was a close game that we really needed so no issue with him being used a lot at even strength yesterday. Could probably do without the additional 6:38 on the PP though. MacKinnon is the only one who had more PP time.

This early in the season I wouldn't worry that much about it, but later in the season yeah.

Would love to see Zadorov get some PP time to alleviate that though.

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Hopefully Comeau sees that Skille is playing with the type of effort Comeau has to play with to be effective and gets going. Comeau is better suited at playing with Duchene, but only when the effort and fearlessness is there.

Speaking of Skille....Saw this on the DP's website today:

AVs' first-year winger Jack Skille live's out of hotels

But Skille, 28, still lives out of hotels. It's the team hotel on the road, and a team-paid hotel in the Denver area. He has yet to get the green light from the Avs to buy or rent a place in Colorado.

"Nothing's guaranteed and I'm not expecting it to be guaranteed and I'm not looking for someone to give me a pat on the back and say, 'You're good, you're safe,' because I know I'm not safe. I'm never going to be safe," Skille said. "And I'm going to keep playing that way."​

Love that quote by Jack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad