Confirmed with Link: Gabriel Vilardi signs 3-year ELC

Telos

In Gavrikov We Must Trust
Aug 16, 2008
Reno, NV
I know we are supposed to not think about him when it comes to the future and if he gets healthy then it is a bonus, but he really is the key to stop the bleeding. If he pans out and we are able to draft someone like Byram, suddenly we are not sliding down the pit of despair anymore and can slowly make our way back up the mountain. Such a brutal situation, I hope he mends well...

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
That tweet was posted yesterday after Blake spoke to reporters.

Trying to find the thing from a couple plus weeks ago. Forget if it was Cooper or Dillman or one of those folks but they had already said devcamp wasn't in Vilardi's injury return timetable.

Edit: it was rosen, presumably also a tweet but referenced here June 5th: Development camp week of 6/24, scrimmage 6/27; Pride Parade; Draft Party - LA Kings Insider

not saying that to invalidate your point really, just that we already had a wave of people upset about it once, haha.

Last edited:
Reactions: tonellisghost

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Can someone provide a quick review on what has happened with Vilardi? I see he played 4 games for the Reign last year....is that the last time he's played?

Man, has ANYTHING went right for the Kings in the last two years??

Reactions: Butch 19

TwzKing

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2004
Did we ever get a definitive explanation on what is wrong with his back? I just know its back issue that's all.

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Did we ever get a definitive explanation on what is wrong with his back? I just know its back issue that's all.

Kings org has been pretty mum but though I can't find it now I think it was McKenzie who let it slip about the surgery, though i forget for what exactly now, maybe someone else can re-find

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
I could be wrong because I have no inside knowledge but it’s very well possible that he is recovered and could theoretically get back on the ice and participate in development camp. However, because he is such an important prospect, I think Blake is being extra cautious and wants him to just rehab instead of risking him getting injured again because he got rushed. No reason to rush him. Let him do yoga and physical therapy etc until end of the year. Get him in practices in January and have him play out the year in AHL if he sign of injury flaring up.

Reactions: Choralone

SCARFACE909

Feb 20, 2012
Kid isn't even or just turned 20. He was one of the youngest players when they drafted him, definitely disappointing, but not a bust or anything...yet. Cautious optimism that he's able to rehab effectively this time and leave this in the past.

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
someone's not doing their job here, whether its him being reckless in the gym, them refusing to fix him properly, or us absolutely bombing the initial scouting

multiple years of missed training camps is outrageous for a kid this young

I highly doubt this is the case. Vilardi is not going to be reckless with complying with a rehab plan. And the Kings probably have explored all medical options to get him back healthy. From what I read, he has a recurring back issue that flared up because he got back in action too quickly. It seems the Kings don't want a repeat of that, and have simply shut him down.

Let's say he feels 100%. What's the point of rushing things so that he plays in development camp? He is young, and the Kings can afford to be patient and take their time with him to make sure that he is not only 100%, but that the issue won't come back again.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
I highly doubt this is the case. Vilardi is not going to be reckless with complying with a rehab plan. And the Kings probably have explored all medical options to get him back healthy. From what I read, he has a recurring back issue that flared up because he got back in action too quickly. It seems the Kings don't want a repeat of that, and have simply shut him down.

Let's say he feels 100%. What's the point of rushing things so that he plays in development camp? He is young, and the Kings can afford to be patient and take their time with him to make sure that he is not only 100%, but that the issue won't come back again.
i mean yeah, we can afford it now.. the ship sailed so you can't swim after it

there's a lot of valuable players in that mid-1st round that are already contributing at an NHL level, while we have a repeatedly injured no-show. i'm not interested in vilifying the kid, i'm interested in figuring out what the problem is and all we get is "holding pattern" and a bunch of hush hush which is an unacceptable answer for a multimillion dollar athlete that, as fans, we're paying for

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
i mean yeah, we can afford it now.. the ship sailed so you can't swim after it

there's a lot of valuable players in that mid-1st round that are already contributing at an NHL level, while we have a repeatedly injured no-show. i'm not interested in vilifying the kid, i'm interested in figuring out what the problem is and all we get is "holding pattern" and a bunch of hush hush which is an unacceptable answer for a multimillion dollar athlete that, as fans, we're paying for

Well of course the Kings are going to be hush hush. There is no reason to give fans a medical update every 30 days, especially when its a type of injury that does not have a finite healing period. It is what it is. The Kings got the best player available at No. 11, and we can't change the past. Shut him down, give him time, and hopefully we see him fully healthy in 2020-2021.

Choralone

Oct 16, 2010
Burbank, CA
Well of course the Kings are going to be hush hush. There is no reason to give fans a medical update every 30 days, especially when its a type of injury that does not have a finite healing period. It is what it is. The Kings got the best player available at No. 11, and we can't change the past. Shut him down, give him time, and hopefully we see him fully healthy in 2020-2021.

I mean, doesn't HIPPA come in at some point? We're not entitled to his medical information, just like my employer isn't entitled to mine.

Jun 30, 2006
Is Vilardi even going to be able to live up to any of his hype. Missing big time development years.

Vilardi but he was rushed back too soon because he wanted to join team Canada for the WJC. Blake let him condition for it, and there was a set back. Like DL, Blake is trusting his players to take care of themselves and we’ve seen how that works out time and time again.

It’s gotten to a point where I don’t expect him to be great but can contribute at some level. He may never play again, we don’t know. All we can do is wait.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Vilardi's birthday had just passed, and I got him a new card. I don't think he liked it.

520bcd68beb89bfab0f2c57f2fb47690.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad