Confirmed with Link: Gabriel Vilardi signs 3-year ELC

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
Should mention that the highlights from Vilardi's first AHL game were taken from Bakersfield.

Ontario still does do well attendance wise, and here's a clip of the lone point he registered on home ice.

It shows that Vilardi only played 4 games with Ontario...why? Was he injured in a game?

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Dayem does that many people actually come out to watch Ontario games that's pretty impressive.

The Reign last season averaged 8,352 per game, 4th in the league of 31 teams. Friday and Saturday night games are often sold out, particularly in the 2nd half of the season. Weeknight games and Sunday afternoon games don't draw as well, especially weeknights. Reign also have the highest number of season ticket holders in the league. The seating capacity for Reign games at Toyota Arena (formally CBBA) is 9,491.

Reactions: DoktorJeep

ru4reals

Jul 4, 2007
The Reign last season averaged 8,352 per game, 4th in the league of 31 teams. Friday and Saturday night games are often sold out, particularly in the 2nd half of the season. Weeknight games and Sunday afternoon games don't draw as well, especially weeknights. Reign also have the highest number of season ticket holders in the league. The seating capacity for Reign games at Toyota Arena (formally CBBA) is 9,491.

That is awesome!!! Who said hockey in so cal won't work. Great to hear. If I was close to the Reign I'd definitely catch as many games as I can.

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
While Vilardi's 'prognosis' starts out with a "oh, f***!" you'll quickly realize that he literally just needs to finish resting for at least a few more months or so, given that his was a reoccurring problem.

Hell, we ain't winning shit this season or the next, so heck take all the time you need kid! :thumbu:

Reactions: DoktorJeep

Chazz Reinhold

Sep 6, 2005
The Stanley Cup
I'm not watching 12-min of video...anyone want to offer a recap?

Gabe Vilardi Injury Update – A New Theory

He’s guessing it’s spondylosis, which is something that can occur in young athletes whose bones aren’t fully hardened. It’s something that requires rest to let the body go through its process, but it’s not something that should be an issue once the bones harden.

DoktorJeep

B2B GM of the Summer Champion
Aug 2, 2005
OC
Gretzky has the same issue. Sounds like the kid could be back on the ice next year. Good, rest up Gabe! Just don’t go full Brodzinski and become a twitch legend.

johnjm22

Pseudo Intellectual
Aug 2, 2005
I hope he's right that it's just spondylosis.

From what little I've heard, it almost sounds like he has Tension Myositis Syndrome which most commonly affects the back. It's a contraversial diagnosis, but I know from experience that it's real.

Last edited:

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I hope he's right that it's just spondylosis.

From what little I've heard, it almost sounds like he has Tension Myositis Syndrome which most commonly affects the back. It's a contraversial diagnosis, but I know from experience that it's real.

I just looked that up too. Interesting.

I agree that 'just' spondylosis would be great. Would also line up perfectly with what a lot of us thought about their simply keeping him off the ice recovering and expecting a full or near-full recovery. Still blows my mind that people are shocked that a major back concern and procedure would keep someone off the ice for a season and still be a relatively positive diagnosis vs. LOL CAREERS OVER SUCKERS.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad