Confirmed with Link: Gabriel Vilardi signs 3-year ELC

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Another interesting takeaway from Gabe’s return was the stuff he had to say about the mental aspect of having so much time off, and management’s comments concerning communication and support.

Judging from those comments, one could infer that perhaps even Vilardi was frustrated with the situation, and the frustration wasn’t exclusive to the fans.

Between LA and Ontario, Vilardi got into 42 games this year. That’s the most hockey he’s played since 2017.

cyclones22

Apr 4, 2003
Eastvale
A couple of responses for the non-subscribers (you really should subscribe. It's awesome!):

On who from the Reign could turn some heads on the Kings:
Toby... gonna be a real good player

On the prospects who just signed ELCs he's most interested in playing with:
I’m looking forward to seeing Turcotte haven’t seen him on ice yet but heard many great things about him

On most influential vet and # for next season:
Most influential was Cliffy for me before he left was always someone that reached out to me and made me feel comfortable at rink our outside rink . I’m not to sure about number honestly wish I could give you answer but for now am sticking with 42 next year might change

On who he's learned the most from so far on the Kings:
Lewie is guy I looked up to a lot and was a good friend to me. He plays the game the right way and is good role model with his work ethic

On advice for beer leaguers:
I would suggest trying to change the angle of your shot. If you watch Auston Matthews shoot he does it the best in world try and push out far and pull it in to shoot when ready to release hopefully goalie will be off angles a little bit

On pace of AHL vs NHL:
There’s always a change of pace when you change levels it’s just about adjusting and how long that takes. I’ve never been a fast skater but I try to think the game fast and use that to my advantage

On if rehab made stronger:
I don’t know honestly if it’s the rehab I’ve always tried to have good puck protection skills. I want the puck on my stick more than less so growing up was a big thing I worked on to have good stick skills

A bunch of other run of the mill Q&A type stuff, but I thought these were the most interesting ones.

I wonder how many people asked for specifics of his back injury.

Almost nobody did.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad