Confirmed with Link: Gabriel Vilardi signs 3-year ELC

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
At what point does this kid just call it quits & hang up the skates? I feel bad for him

HeadInjury

Jul 30, 2005
At what point does this kid just call it quits & hang up the skates? I feel bad for him

Today's fun fact. Vilardi gets a lot of comparisons to Scott Barney. After Barney missed three seasons from 2000 to 2002 due to his back issues, he came back to play in the NHL (briefly), then the AHL, then ended up playing in Europe until 2014.

Obviously, we hope Vilardi makes it to the show, but a lot of hockey players have done worse than Scott Barney.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Today's fun fact. Vilardi gets a lot of comparisons to Scott Barney. After Barney missed three seasons from 2000 to 2002 due to his back issues, he came back to play in the NHL (briefly), then the AHL, then ended up playing in Europe until 2014.

Obviously, we hope Vilardi makes it to the show, but a lot of hockey players have done worse than Scott Barney.

That's quite true. See Adrian Foster.
Adrian Foster Hockey Stats and Profile at hockeydb.com

That selection by the Devils caught many by surprise because Foster barely played and he already had a reputation for being injury prone, but Lou being Lou went ahead with the unconventional pick.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Im beyond suspicious at what's really wrong with Vilardi! How does he go from back surgery to rehab then to playing 3 games with the Reign where he looked really good and then to the WJC camp where again according to reports he looked dominant by his 3rd day of camp... Then he goes to a doctors "appointment" and now he's hurt..... buuuut he might end up back with Ontario to end the season???
I mean WTF.. is no one else finding this suspicious....??

I reread the article (the one when he was first home for the holidays) and something caught my attention. He said "I haven't been feeling well." Using the word "well" instead of "to good" seems odd. Besides his groin/core and back, I wonder if something else is going on." Seems like he's been jerked around quite a bit since the draft.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
I reread the article (the one when he was first home for the holidays) and something caught my attention. He said "I haven't been feeling well." Using the word "well" instead of "to good" seems odd. Besides his groin/core and back, I wonder if something else is going on." Seems like he's been jerked around quite a bit since the draft.
I have a feeling that he’ll miraculously make a late season appearance with the Reign

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Vilardi is considerably better at hockey than Barney ever was. Still wondering why people don't seem to get that. Vilardi was rated as high as #4 in the draft. Kid has game. Even stepping into the AHL at less than 100%, without ever playing a pro game before, you could tell he belonged, like he was a 3rd year pro. The only other player I have seen do that in the last 4 years in ONT as a forward was JAD (although his defense was lacking).

Yultron

Apr 18, 2017
Is there any update on Vilardi ? Did the Kings just shut him down for the season so he can get healthy ? Is he actually going to quit hockey or are people just saying it to annoy others ?

Really hope the kid is t quitting hockey

YP44

Jan 30, 2012
Calgary, AB
I feel like he is going to be like Gary Roberts in Calgary. Calgary did not re-sign him due to his neck injuries, he then went to Carolina after taking a year off and resurrected his career. I have a feeling at some point LA will say his rights are not worth a contract spot, he will resurface elsewhere and be a stud.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Is there any update on Vilardi ? Did the Kings just shut him down for the season so he can get healthy ? Is he actually going to quit hockey or are people just saying it to annoy others ?

Really hope the kid is t quitting hockey

Do you really see a 19 year old, who has played his whole life and dominated a sport, to just throw up his hands and say I quit with potentially ten's of millions of dollars that could be in his future? If and when he can play, he'll play.

jfont

Feb 27, 2002
Los Angeles
Do you really see a 19 year old, who has played his whole life and dominated a sport, to just throw up his hands and say I quit with potentially ten's of millions of dollars that could be in his future? If and when he can play, he'll play.
thank you for infusing logic in this conversation.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I saw him at Tim Hortons ordering a large double double and a box of 40 timbits.

The box of timbits is pretty heavy, all that dough and sugary goodness but, he seemed to be lifting it without issue.
Little do you know that he went home and iced his entire body

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->