Confirmed with Link: Gabriel Vilardi signs 3-year ELC

Magicman

Mar 18, 2008
At least LA got JAD and Mikey Anderson in that draft. Kings took the risk on Vilardi, looked like it would pay off for a minute. I think the writing is on the wall now tho.

Who the **** is Scott Wheeler? Is he related to Blake Wheeler?

Lieutenant Scott "Scottie" Wheeler (born 1947) was an agent with the Drug Enforcement Administration who was secretly leaking information about ongoing DEA/Metro-Dade operations to the drug lord Esteban Calderone.

Wheeler was formerly a Detective with the Metro-Dade Organized Crime Bureau's Vice Division, where he was the partner of Detective Sergeant James "Sonny" Crockett. When Crockett uncovered Wheeler's corruption while pursuing Calderone, he confronted his former partner outside his home and he was arrested.

Reactions: Maynard and Bandit

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Lieutenant Scott "Scottie" Wheeler (born 1947) was an agent with the Drug Enforcement Administration who was secretly leaking information about ongoing DEA/Metro-Dade operations to the drug lord Esteban Calderone.

Wheeler was formerly a Detective with the Metro-Dade Organized Crime Bureau's Vice Division, where he was the partner of Detective Sergeant James "Sonny" Crockett. When Crockett uncovered Wheeler's corruption while pursuing Calderone, he confronted his former partner outside his home and he was arrested.

giphy.gif

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Honestly I've been hoping he'd sit out this season all along the moment they talked about his setbacks in camp, so at this point I'm not so much surprised, shocked, or angry as much as I am hopeful for gabe that he can live a healthy life and if we get anything out of it, great...but just seems like one more "this is for 2014" from the hockey gods at this point.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Well, he's gone the full Scott Barney.

I don't expect him to ever play professional hockey. If he does, hey, good bonus. But I'm done thinking about this name until some kind of miracle occurs.
Not really, Barney at least played a few games in the NHL didn’t he? Right now Villardi aspires to have Barney’s career.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Im beyond suspicious at what's really wrong with Vilardi! How does he go from back surgery to rehab then to playing 3 games with the Reign where he looked really good and then to the WJC camp where again according to reports he looked dominant by his 3rd day of camp... Then he goes to a doctors "appointment" and now he's hurt..... buuuut he might end up back with Ontario to end the season???

I mean WTF.. is no one else finding this suspicious....??

AlphaBravo

Jan 31, 2015
Yerevan
Im beyond suspicious at what's really wrong with Vilardi! How does he go from back surgery to rehab then to playing 3 games with the Reign where he looked really good and then to the WJC camp where again according to reports he looked dominant by his 3rd day of camp... Then he goes to a doctors "appointment" and now he's hurt..... buuuut he might end up back with Ontario to end the season???

I mean WTF.. is no one else finding this suspicious....??

Of course it’s suspicious. I think the government found out he is an ancient alien, which caused this abrupt shift.

funky

Time for the future. More Byfield and Clarke
Mar 9, 2002
Of course it’s suspicious. The world junior doctors reported back to the Kings that they found a scoring touch in Vilardi and the Kings brass don’t want anything to do with that and have shelved him for the year until they research what this scoring touch thing is.

tonellisghost

Oct 3, 2017
I can't wait to see Scott Barney the 2nd play his first game in a Kings uni :D.

That said having seen Vilardi play an awful lot in person prior to his draft he is the first prospect we have had in a long time who has an elite skillset up front. The guy is a very big deal and if he can heal all the way and work on his calcium intake we might have the steal of his draft. If things go the way they have gone for us he will be another in a plethora of should have beens that have come through our org.

DoktorJeep

Expediency x Sentimentality = Mediocrity
Aug 2, 2005
OC
With some time to reflect I’ve talked myself into thinking it’s best for the kid to shut it down and be back home. What does he have to prove in juniors. Getting healthy and joining the Reign later makes sense if it happens.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
With some time to reflect I’ve talked myself into thinking it’s best for the kid to shut it down and be back home. What does he have to prove in juniors. Getting healthy and joining the Reign later makes sense if it happens.

He can't, until whichever Cartel has his rights loses in the OHL playoffs. But don't worry, they are "looking out for his best interests"

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
He can't, until whichever Cartel has his rights loses in the OHL playoffs. But don't worry, they are "looking out for his best interests"

The whole discussion was about Kingston dealing Vilardi, because Kingston is not expected to make the playoffs.

Kingston, somehow, has a worse record than the Kings (25 points in 43 games). They are 19 points behind Hamilton for fourth in the division. The next worst team in the conference is 12 points ahead of them.

They also have a -74 goal differential.

If Vilardi is resting up so he can play in Ontario, it probably won't be for too much longer. They have 25 games left (their last game is March 17th).

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.

Was exactly my thought earlier in the year. Even when he was trending towards health, I said it would be best to keep him with the Kings in a limited capacity so they could monitor his health and continue his development vs. men in a more controlled environment instead of taking a 20 minute pounding in juniors where it's pointless and he's already proven he can go 2PPG when the games matter most.

He needs to learn how to play against men, not kids, if he's going to play at all.

AbsentMojo

1 down, 3 to go
Apr 18, 2018
bit.ly
I have not seen any details of what kind of a back injury he is dealing with. The fact that he has been shut down 3 times is obviously very ominous. Normally with a back injury its some disc issue that either resolves on its own or is corrected with minor surgery. MRIs make it clear if something is touching the nerve and NHL team has plenty of resources to follow that closely. The news he's been shutdown and not on a timetable probably means there isnt a clear picture of whats wrong with him. There does to be something a bit off about this whole thing.

BallPointHammer

Los Angeles Kings - We're Back!
Oct 25, 2006
Maryland
Well, whatever the truth is, when the OHL playoffs are concluded and whether or not there's any chance he plays with Ontario, I think he should stay in LA until he's completely healthy. Then go from there.

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
if he's not already seeing him, then Dr Robert Watkins would be the best guy he could get treatment from. He's in Santa Monica.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->