GDT: G2: Wild at Kings - 8pm CT (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMTHook

Mar 23, 2015
The old changeup. Nothing like a one timer that comes off at 5mph. Lol. Rather lucky win. I love it. I think that ice still sucks. Tape to tape was extremely rare.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I’m guilty of this myself, but I would urge people to not overreact to either game so far this season. As an example, Johansson looked like he can be a top-6 guy today, but was a no-show yesterday. Let’s see where we are 10 games in. I think Johansson can play center from what I saw tonight. I could be wrong, though. Either way, I’d like to give it a shot.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
That was the exact opposite of pretty much every 3x3 the Wild have had. The Wild are usually the team that watches their opponent skate around their zone for 5 minutes
In the past we basically played it like 5 on 5, seemed to willingly get in board battles.

Also a one-timer to win it! Terrible shot but it works because the goalie has to fully commit without time to square up.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
Johansson with the game winner, time to give him some credit :thumbu:

But they got away with this one, obviously a lot to work on here. These lines...

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I’m guilty of this myself, but I would urge people to not overreact to either game so far this season. As an example, Johansson looked like he can be a top-6 guy today, but was a no-show yesterday. Let’s see where we are 10 games in. I think Johansson can play center from what I saw tonight. I could be wrong, though. Either way, I’d like to give it a shot.

I hope people know that 90% of my stuff in that arena isn't serious.

pfunk

Jul 1, 2019
Brodin fantastic as usual. I thought Dumba looked real good and Suter looked better too. Johansson much better than game one. Fiala and Kap had rough games for our go to guys.

I’ll gladly watch more of us playing 3 on 3 OT. We are fun to watch as opposed to the past and giving points up to opponents to drive Pittsburgh’s pick higher is a plus.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
I’m also wondering if Bjugstad is starting slow because of his spinal surgery. Hopefully as the season goes on he gets back into game form. Who knows what that ceiling is though

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

I definitely think this game is closer to what we should expect from Johansson than last game was, but yeah, just gotta wait and see how things go.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I hope people know that 90% of my stuff in that arena isn't serious.
I know a lot of it isn’t serious, that’s where I go with a lot of my posts too. Just a good for thought in general. Don’t think the 2-0 start should make too many people think we’re a bonafide contender, and likewise, I wouldn’t read too much into poor games from Fiala and Kaprizov

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Ice was an improvement over the first game. About as good as you will get in LA.

Somebody needs to lose their job for attempting to break up a Kaprizov/Fiala PP. Of course the Wild finally finds a legitimate threats and they try to temper them down. Embarrassing.

The Wild had trouble with the Kings’ size and getting through the neutral zone for the most part in these two games. Will be interesting if they can retain more possession through the neutral zone against other teams/systems.

Talbot looks a little bit shaky in both of these games. Nothing was truly awful, but just seems to be fighting it a bit. Want to see if that’s who he is or if he can settle in. Want to get a look at Khakonen soon.

Kaprizov got a little bit of a lesson in what he can get away with and what he can’t today. The cute plays have their time and place but they can’t happen when you’re the last or second to last man back.

melinko

Jun 13, 2010
Minnesota
Fiala and Kap played that OT amazing for how poorly the first 3 periods went for them. Fiala took Doughty (i think?) into the boards in the defensive zone and took the puck off him and I don't think we gave up the puck the rest of the OT.

Reactions: Obvious Fabertism

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Is no one going to mention that Brodin is on pace for 56 points this season? Is this the breakout year that he finally becomes the next Lidstrom? :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad