GDT: G2: Wild at Kings - 8pm CT (FSN)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
Who: Minnesota Wild (1-0-0) at Los Angeles Kings (0-0-1)
Puck drop: 8:08 p.m. CT
Watch: FOX Sports North, FOX Sports App
Listen: KFAN FM 100.3, Wild Radio Network, Wild NHL App

Wild Warmup: Minnesota at Los Angeles

The Wild will try and start the regular season with consecutive victories for the first time since 2015-16 on Saturday night when it plays its second-straight game against the Los Angeles Kings at Staples Center.

Minnesota secured a 4-3 win in overtime in its season opener on Thursday night, with rookie Kirill Kaprizov scoring the winning goal 3:47 into the extra session. The goal was his third point of the night, which made him the first player in franchise history to post a three-point night in his NHL debut.

He also became just the third player in NHL history, and the first in 31 years, to score an overtime goal in his debut game.

Dumba can't decide on a nickname for Kaprizov.

Lineups:

Wild:
Fiala, Kaprizov, 10 FWDs
Brodin, Dumba, Spurgeon, Suter, 2 D-men
Talbot

LA:
18 skaters
Quick

DB7sN_jgsL4nDChDZoKDp8Iv0iHHlUMBF4b1DpTwEoLBydDe7qWCTrOojiD7UfdO9_my-9VscjIcSMCgBicEgqOa6YI4xH_nGIePks2IhRpQPg1ifcLQfnEukaVCi_jBbBt5NMLUN3Cn2Acp4HH31I5uCdq2VtQFUiw

Lets Go Wild!

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Holy crap, long time no see! Then you come riding in with a GDT and everything! Quite the return! Well done! :thumbu:

Prior

Jan 18, 2020
Hopefully LA has taken a couple of days to understand that hockey is played on a sheet of ice and they should probably address that in their embarrassing arena.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Hopefully LA has taken a couple of days to understand that hockey is played on a sheet of ice and they should probably address that in their embarrassing arena.

It's +29 C in LA. In Moscow it's pretty hot even by July standarts. The ice doesn't like such weather.

TheSauceBoss

May 14, 2010
It's +29 C in LA. In Moscow it's pretty hot even by July standarts. The ice doesn't like such weather.
Not to mention they have one of two Los Angeles NBA teams playing there almost every night. Not good.

Last edited:
Reactions: MuckOG

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
Reactions: TaLoN

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
First 8 games are all winnable, followed by 4 against the avs. Assuming we don’t do extremely well against the Avs (I think splitting would be a big win), how many points do we need out of the first 8 games? I think 12

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
First 8 games are all winnable, followed by 4 against the avs. Assuming we don’t do extremely well against the Avs (I think splitting would be a big win), how many points do we need out of the first 8 games? I think 12
For what? To make the playoffs?
I’m content with however they finish as long as a majority of the young players take a step forward.

I do think we need to trade a defensemen at some point though, for cap reasons. My preference would be Suter (not likely) or Dumba

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
For what? To make the playoffs?
I’m content with however they finish as long as a majority of the young players take a step forward.

I do think we need to trade a defensemen at some point though, for cap reasons. My preference would be Suter (not likely) or Dumba
Yes to make the playoffs. Going off of a 90 point requirement for the 4th seed, we’ll need 62 points (.55 pts%)

"need" to get in the playoffs, or "need" to get a top 10 pick?:naughty:
The former. As much as I’d love another top 10 pick, I think Fiala/Kaprizov having big years and Dumba returning to form are much more important for the franchise, and I can’t see us missing the playoffs if that happens.

Last edited by a moderator:

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
The Kings play a style of hockey that would make Jacque Lemaire blush. Combine that with the terrible ice, I could easily see the Kings grinding out a victory tonight.

Reactions: 57special

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
KK won't get three points again, but Fiala should get at least one.

Suter should be better, but then again, he might need some more time. I think he's still in shock that he is playing with Dumba.

Talbot can't let in another weak one, or we are in trouble.

MoJo and Bonino can't be much worse, can they?

Bjugstad can be worse, as can Rask.

3rd line can't be much better, but I would still like to see one of JEE/Greenway finish. Don't know if it's possible.

The Kings play a style of hockey that would make Jacque Lemaire blush. Combine that with the terrible ice, I could easily see the Kings grinding out a victory tonight.
Did you notice how tame they were last game? If nothing else, LA used to be a nasty team to play against.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

Suter should be better, but then again, he might need some more time. I think he's still in shock that he is playing with Dumba.

3rd line can't be much better, but I would still like to see one of JEE/Greenway finish. Don't know if it's possible.
Bonino wasn’t even bad. He won faceoffs and played good defense. He isn’t touted as a fancy offensive center.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Did you notice how tame they were last game? If nothing else, LA used to be a nasty team to play against.
Dumba/Suter was their best pair. It wasn't close

Reactions: Minnesnota

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
I think you'd be surprised.

Out of curiosity, who do you think was better the other night?

I don’t think there was a significant difference in play between the Top 4. Saying one was better than the other without it even being close seems wrong. Suter - Dumba gave up a pretty bad goal on a rush when Suter got caught flat-footed and seemed almost hesitant on who his man was.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota
we all watched the same Suter right? fumbling the puck? getting burnt? i get it was game one and i dont feel the need to bash right out of the gate as everyone needs to wake up but Suter and Dumba were not the clear cut best pair. i dont think a single pairing on our defense really stood out in a good way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->