G Jon Gillies (2012, 75th, CGY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Ten bucks and a vatload of poutine says that Gilles is partying on the Grande-Allee nexy season.

I don't deny his chances. I'm just saying that Brassard and etchegary to Gatineau isn't a done deal It's an old rumour in order to get Pageau to Quebec.

That might not be the case. With Phoenix having three goalie prospects coming from juniors/college there will be an odd man out, maybe two at the AHL level.

The Coyotes signed Mike Lee (who was a junior and unexpected) from St. Cloud State last week, along with Domingue and Mark Visentin who are both AHL eligible next year, there's not a enough room for everyone.

Conventional wisdom in my opinion you would put Visentin with the Portland Pirates with a veteran as a back up, then that would put Lee in the ECHL and send Domingue back to the Q for his overage year.

Maybe Visentin impresses Phoenix enough where he starts the year in the NHL in which theoretically open a spot for Dominque in the minors or Phoenix decides on two rookies in the AHL is the way to go.

True. But if he comes back, I doubt it'll be playing for Quebec.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
That might not be the case. With Phoenix having three goalie prospects coming from juniors/college there will be an odd man out, maybe two at the AHL level.

The Coyotes signed Mike Lee (who was a junior and unexpected) from St. Cloud State last week, along with Domingue and Mark Visentin who are both AHL eligible next year, there's not a enough room for everyone.

Conventional wisdom in my opinion you would put Visentin with the Portland Pirates with a veteran as a back up, then that would put Lee in the ECHL and send Domingue back to the Q for his overage year.

Maybe Visentin impresses Phoenix enough where he starts the year in the NHL in which theoretically open a spot for Dominque in the minors or Phoenix decides on two rookies in the AHL is the way to go.

Even if Domingue comes back in the QMJHL, I don't think Roy will keep him with the team. I don't even think he'll protect him for the expansion draft. If I was Sherbrooke, I'd take him because there's a really good chance he'll be coming back. Roy already said Lefebvre, Shaw and Desjardins would be his overagers.

CH4

Jul 21, 2004
Chicoutimi
Even if Domingue comes back in the QMJHL, I don't think Roy will keep him with the team. I don't even think he'll protect him for the expansion draft. If I was Sherbrooke, I'd take him because there's a really good chance he'll be coming back. Roy already said Lefebvre, Shaw and Desjardins would be his overagers.

being drafted and with the playoffs he has up to now, Shaw could very well graduate next year though.

WeissFC

@WeissFC
Mar 11, 2010
www.futureconsiderations.ca
I haven't been as sure about a player in a long time. If he goes undrafted, GMs will be tripping over themselves to sign him after his college career. I don't see him having an impact as a Freshman as I think he's a kid with a big learning curve as he's shown the last two years in the USHL, but Soph-Senior year? Kid will be a complete monster like he has been late in the season.

As for Gillies, I personally hope he does go to the Q. I think it will be better for his development night in and night out. I think he's a bit of a late bloomer in terms of his potential and I think the Q will be a real test for him.

My main point was that with Johns and Russo (I'll assume one is still there, probably Russo), Jordan Gross, and Steven Fogarty it's ironic you name Wade as the defenseman to be infront of Gillies.

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
A pair of Maine natives ranked by NHL Central Scouting
By Nathan Fournier Published: 10th April 2012

At the end of the day, they are just rankings.

That’s the approach South Portland native Jon Gillies is taking when it comes to the NHL Draft rankings.

The NHL Central Scouting released their final rankings for the upcoming draft in Pittsburgh on Monday and Gillies is the sixth ranked North American goaltender.

LINK>>>

Skylimit

Oct 5, 2009
any news on Jon Gillies with Québec Remparts for 2012-13 season?

on Quebec newpapers he said he is interested and a very good option to go Quebec this summer...

WeissFC

@WeissFC
Mar 11, 2010
www.futureconsiderations.ca
any news on Jon Gillies with Québec Remparts for 2012-13 season?

on Quebec newpapers he said he is interested and a very good option to go Quebec this summer...

He has yet to make his decision. He has it narrowed down to Providence, Notre Dame, and Quebec. It's safe to say he won't make a decision until his season is over in Indiana.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
He has yet to make his decision. He has it narrowed down to Providence, Notre Dame, and Quebec. It's safe to say he won't make a decision until his season is over in Indiana.
I don't doubt that the other colleges he'll be looking at are HE schools, but where was this reported? I know from his Pipeline Show interview last week that he's already visited Notre Dame and will consider Quebec as long as Roy is there, but no other colleges were mentioned by name IIRC.

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
I don't doubt that the other colleges he'll be looking at are HE schools, but where was this reported? I know from his Pipeline Show interview last week that he's already visited Notre Dame and will consider Quebec as long as Roy is there, but no other colleges were mentioned by name IIRC.

Its the first I have heard Providence too...but he did say in that interview he has spoken to other schools, just hasn't visited any others yet due to his season is still going on.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
What do you think.....Gillies commits to Quebec within the next two weeks since he is now out of the USHL playoffs?

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I think it's a bit stupid to wait for Roy to make his decision. Roy isn't even working with the goalies of his team and it's not like he's an incredible coach either...

I can see why it would matter to him but to me it shouldn't make a difference.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
What do you think.....Gillies commits to Quebec within the next two weeks since he is now out of the USHL playoffs?

Where did Dubuqe end up ? And who won it all ?

He would be big in QC... But they also have Brassard..

My opinion is the he'd be better in the NCAA unless he's garunteed 50 games in QC.. The Q's good for goalies cause it's so offensive.. My problem with him going to NCAA is that he'd probs sit on the bench for like a year.. However I know little about the programs that intrest him.. So maybe he's an NCAA guy..

I think Roy's coming back, I'd be stunned if he gets the MTL job..

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
Dubuque got beat in the Eastern Conference Semis. Right now there are 3 teams left....Green Bay who beat Indiana, and Waterloo and Lincoln who are facing off in the Western Conference Finals.

I dont know what Gillies is doing either way, but just have a feeling he is going north of the border.

IHaveNoCreativity

May 5, 2012
Somewhere in Quebec.
Dubuque got beat in the Eastern Conference Semis. Right now there are 3 teams left....Green Bay who beat Indiana, and Waterloo and Lincoln who are facing off in the Western Conference Finals.

I dont know what Gillies is doing either way, but just have a feeling he is going north of the border.
Lincoln have Kevin Roy right ?

Most players comes north of the border:) just kidding..

Whos gunna say no to Quebec ? Kudos to the ones who can.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad