G Jon Gillies (2012, 75th, CGY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
Talk to an NHL scout about him yesterday. He likes Gillies a lot and he thinks he could be the top American goalie available for next year's draft.

To my knowledge hes playing at least another season in Indiana

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
The source I spoke to last night spoke to Gillies adviser and was told Gillies isn't going to Quebec camp. Report 100% false. Ryan Bourque did put a call to Gillies on the behalf of the Remparts organization, but Gillies has no interest as of now, could change next year.

Edges7*

Feb 25, 2010
MA
The source I spoke to last night spoke to Gillies adviser and was told Gillies isn't going to Quebec camp. Report 100% false. Ryan Bourque did put a call to Gillies on the behalf of the Remparts organization, but Gillies has no interest as of now, could change next year.

FWIW, my info confirms he is returning to Indiana USHL.

I have LOVED this kid's game for years and believe that he is THE BEST US goaltender at this age level and is and will be one of the best in the USHL. 25 games... .906% Speaks for itself. He is huge in net. Has great vision and lateral movement. He can be acrobatic when he needs to be and you cannot beat his glove. In conversations, I have compared him to Broduer from back in the day. If he gets his stickwork up to the rest of his abilities, not an easy feat in the USHL, you are looking at a future star...

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Why would a kid from Maine and currently playing in Indiana (And, according to the USHL website committed to D1's Northeastern University) want to move to Quebec City to play hockey? I've lived in Quebec City and love the place but I don't think it would make sense for Gillies to do that right now. At the very least it would screw up his college eligibility.

Last edited:

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
Why would a kid from Maine and currently playing in Indiana (And, according to the USHL website committed to D1's Northeastern University) want to move to Quebec City to play hockey? I've lived in Quebec City and love the place but I don't think it would make sense for Gillies to do that right now. At the very least it would screw up his college eligibility.

I think what it will come down to is if he likes who Northeastern hires as their next head coach he will stay course. If he doesn't I think he will seriously look at Quebec when Louis Domingue possibly moves to the AHL for the 2012-13 season.

With Domingue and Appleby as the two goalies for the upcoming year it would make no sense for Gillies to commit to Quebec this season unless Roy trades Domingue or Appleby

Edges7*

Feb 25, 2010
MA

Wow...not to digress here but why would an adviser be spouting off like that?

Edges7*

Feb 25, 2010
MA
With Domingue and Appleby as the two goalies for the upcoming year it would make no sense for Gillies to commit to Quebec this season unless Roy trades Domingue or Appleby

Good points and it's six of one Q v. USHL. He's better off keeping his commit and out of the clubs on the Grande Allée...

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
I think what it will come down to is if he likes who Northeastern hires as their next head coach he will stay course. If

Good point but why couldn't he change his commitment? I'm not familiar with the whole commitment process so am not aware of any legalities that would prevent a change.

Edges7*

Feb 25, 2010
MA
Good point but why couldn't he change his commitment? I'm not familiar with the whole commitment process so am not aware of any legalities that would prevent a change.

At this point, he'd be reneging on a verbal but, in this case, with the coaching change, completely understandable. He's not going to suffer from a lack of D1 interest should he renege.

FWIW, Jon Gaudreau is probably going to renege on his commitment to NE for the same reason. But, Gaudreau signed an NLOI which means he'll sit for a year if he attends school.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I think what it will come down to is if he likes who Northeastern hires as their next head coach he will stay course. If he doesn't I think he will seriously look at Quebec when Louis Domingue possibly moves to the AHL for the 2012-13 season.

I wasn't making it up, I listened to the podcast this morning and they really said he was going to be at the camp. He can show up and see how he likes it without endangering his NCAA chances if he pays for everything.

But there was no confirmation from the organization, so I tend to believe your source.

I believe if he comes, one of Appleby or Domingue will be traded. Roy tried to sell Domingue before the draft in June.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

Why would all those Americans make the move to the CHL then?

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
I wasn't making it up, I listened to the podcast this morning and they really said he was going to be at the camp. He can show up and see how he likes it without endangering his NCAA chances if he pays for everything.

But there was no confirmation from the organization, so I tend to believe your source.

I believe if he comes, one of Appleby or Domingue will be traded. Roy tried to sell Domingue before the draft in June.

I am not questioning what you heard, I just asked someone who would have knowledge of Gillies and just relying what I was told.

I am going to get in touch with Gillies hopefully on Friday

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
I am not questioning what you heard, I just asked someone who would have knowledge of Gillies and just relying what I was told.

I am going to get in touch with Gillies hopefully on Friday

Like I said, it wasn't confirmed by any member of the Remparts organization.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad