G Frederik Andersen - Frölunda, SHL (2012, 87OA, Anahiem)

DaveH

Oct 9, 2011
Kid is INSANE right now, insane I tell you.

Season Team League.......... GP GAA SVS%
2011-2012 Frölunda Elitserien 10 0.99 .965

Sure, the team is playing really well right now... Andersen however is out-of-this-world atm.

yarre

Oct 13, 2005
Gothenburg
Yeah I am kinda starting to dislike him like I did with Lundqvist and Markström when they played in the SEL... I want him on my team... He just looks so poised out there, no unnecessary movements, just very calm.

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yeah I am kinda starting to dislike him like I did with Lundqvist and Markström when they played in the SEL... I want him on my team... He just looks so poised out there, no unnecessary movements, just very calm.

being calm has always been his trademark. He seems to have no problem with nerves. It doesn't matter if he faces some random dude in the Danish league or if it's Pavel Datsyuk at the worlds or whatever... Frederik is just Frederik.

Pear Juice

Dec 12, 2007
Gothenburg, SWE
Frölunda's MVP so far this season, no contest. As posted before, Frölunda's defense is looking surprisingly good. Much of it is newly composed as the club has made a major system shake-up prior to this season, leading to many people doubting their performance pre-season. Add to that two new young goalies (Andersen and Hellberg) and Frölunda looked nothing like league leaders before the season started.

Frederik Andersen has been playing like possessed though. He is so amazingly calm, and surprisingly quick in side-to-side movement despite his large body frame. He has help from the Frölunda defense as they have been very good at allowing shots from less dangerous positions. There can be no doubt however that the large Dane is currently playing exceptionally well. The Frölunda team is playing with a confidence that has not been seen in this city the last couple of years and I think much of that confidence can be credited to Andersens composure and staiblity as a netminder.

An incredible signing by Frölunda, and very likely an NHL caliber goaltender if you ask me.

Fast Tony DeNiro

May 1, 2011
I was just going to update the thread here about his play. It's one thing when he's 3 games in with a 0.50 GAA but he's now 11 games into the season and he's at 1.09 and a .962 SV%.....this is incredible to follow. It's still early I guess but 11 games and still having those numbers just doesn't happen.

Really glad I made the trade I did in my fantasy pool shortly after the 2010 draft I gave up a 3rd to get him feeling risky and it's looking like it might actually pay off.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Actually his GP is only 17. When reading the stats on Frölundas site beware that there's both a GP and GPI column, GP represents the total amount of games played in the league and GPI is the number of games that the player has actually played in.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Any updates? Is he still playing as well as early in the season?

He's out with a foot injury right now listed as day-to-day since a week back, but I'd probably say it's more like week-to-week. I think he should be ready soon enough however, but they don't need to rush him because they have Hellberg as a very good second option.

Fast Tony DeNiro

May 1, 2011
Bump

Did not know he weighed 247 lbs.

How's his stats?

Ya he's a giant son of a *****.

Stats are listed just a few posts up....17 games, 1.57 GAA, .943 SV%, 4 SO....pretty impressive to say the least. He's been hurt for the last little bit something to do with his foot, but it's looking like he might be back within a week or so.

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
It deserves mention that Frederik Andersen now has 8 shutouts in the SEL, and thus surpassed Henrik Lundqvist's previous record in Frölunda which was 7.

The all time record for the league is 9 shutouts.... you can do it, Mr. Andersen! :)

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Just read through the whole thread, kid seems like a beast. Hopefully he can play in the smaller NA rinks...also I would like for him to get down to 200 lbs. :yo:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Just read through the whole thread, kid seems like a beast. Hopefully he can play in the smaller NA rinks...also I would like for him to get down to 200 lbs. :yo:

Yeah, 247 is pretty heavy. 220 would likely be a more realistic goal.

I find it hard to believe that he would actually weigh in at 247. That's damn big for a goalie, even one who's 6'4.

Look at a guy like Rinne, who's 6'5 and only 209.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Yeah, 247 is pretty heavy. 220 would likely be a more realistic goal.

I find it hard to believe that he would actually weigh in at 247. That's damn big for a goalie, even one who's 6'4.

Look at a guy like Rinne, who's 6'5 and only 209.

He probably drinks Heineken religously :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad