Yes because faceoffs determine who is a captain and who isnt
Rielly cant win faceoffs either though he is a dman
Guess he is horrible choice

Sorry if Kadri is having a good season

Yosho

Logic
Mar 30, 2010
Kitchener, ON
Rielly is a natural leader. I have no doubt that he can lead this team a few years down the road - he's got the maturity and skill.

Of the players listed, it's easily Morgan.

mikebel111*

No kidding. I would like to see if they still think he's captain material after meeting him

You want to elaborate
FYI, I dont think Kadri is captain material either, but saying its because of his faceoffs is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard:laugh:

mikebel111*

I had a feeling people would be so aggressive when Kadri was put into this topic:laugh:

Loving the aggression people have when Kadri is talked on a good manner

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Way too early for Captain talk if Dion is gone by next year. I would not anoint anyone until that player is ready.

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site
Whats wrong with Finn, if he can become a good player, than I see the argument

Maybe captain of the Marlies someday. Maybe.

He has certainly leadership attributes(I know I just opened a can of worms with that statement but its the truth)
This board would blow up if he he was captain

Kadri? Can we please set our sights a little higher? I'd like to see a Stanley Cup win here someday. Kadri's personality is more like a class clown than a captain. He's like the kid who's always pushing his parents a little bit further to see what he can get away with. I don't see any way he'd be capable of that job.

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
Considering nobody stepped up to replace the Captain duties when Dion was injured I am going to go with none of the above.

Next Captain better be superstar category or the Toronto media and fan base will eat him alive.

mikebel111*

People once again assuming they know a player's personality:laugh:
And Finn would be a good choice though needs to be good in the NHL

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario

Well he needs to be good in the AHL first, then the NHL. He might be scratched now with Brennan here.

Hopefully none right now. The last 2 we thought would become captain were Schenn and Lupul.. yikes.

Leaf Army

Jun 9, 2003
Leaf Nation
Visit site

If Matt Finn was ever named captain of the Toronto Maple Leafs that would be, by far, the lowest point in the history of the entire franchise.

If that's what the future has in store our entire fanbase might as well all give up now and switch to watching European handball or something. It would be less painful.

Leafidelity

Best Sport/Worst League
Apr 6, 2008
Downtown Canada
You want to elaborate
FYI, I dont think Kadri is captain material either, but saying its because of his faceoffs is one of the dumbest things I have ever heard:laugh:

Without getting into libel, he's not exactly a team first guy. There are many stories of his adventures in London. Not saying they need to trade him, but leadership isn't something you should be expecting from Kadri.

mikebel111*

You guys loving assuming things
Finn would be a nice choice if he can become a good player in the NHL. Right now I agree if he becomes captain now, than there is a huge problem

mikebel111*

Well he needs to be good in the AHL first, then the NHL. He might be scratched now with Brennan here.

Hopefully none right now. The last 2 we thought would become captain were Schenn and Lupul.. yikes.

Finn is hurt so of course he would be scratched
Seriously can we actually pay attention and see what is the actual facts

Rufio65*

Pretty tough for Finn to be the captain of the Leafs when he probably won't make the NHL.

There is no one on this team deserving of the "C". Maybe they can hand McDavid the "C" if they get him.

mikebel111*

Pretty tough for Finn to be the captain of the Leafs when he probably won't make the NHL.

There is no one on this team deserving of the "C". Maybe they can hand McDavid the "C" if they get him.
Crystal ball? How do you know he probably wont?
Remember you said Rielly isnt doing well? I dont believe in your opinion well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad