Management FULL VIDEO - Contrite Cam Neely casts blame across Bruins organization while apologizing for signing Mitchell Miller (MOD Warning post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
All Bruins can try to do is claim they were provided false misleading info and try to grt out of the contract that way. That would lead to NHLPA action and maybe arbitration.

I havent heard anything from anybody.
This is what seems an obvious path

Cam absence in box was interesting- I always look up to see who’s there and first time this year I didn’t see him in usual spot

Don’t believe practice today - 2 o’clock presser anyone

Reactions: LouJersey

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
If there was ever a time to conclude this sordid chapter this is it

the fundraiser is over, then Bs are off until Thursday and - I am guessing - the front office has finally come to the realization this isn't going away

take decisive action and move on without the distraction

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
If I'm Millers camp, I probably still think that an NHL career is still possible. Especially when scouts have said he is currently NHL bound talent wise.

If the Bruins threatened to keep this contract valid for the full 3 years but have me sit, I'd probably want to get out of it.

Those 3 years are probably part of the most important years when it comes to NHL development at his age.

It's a weird situation to be in.

Do the Bruins tell him they plan on keeping the full 3 years in the AHL, but off the ice? That means Miller gets his 3 years of AHL salary, but all but ends his plans to play in the NHL. Unless you think a prospect can miss 3 years of development in his early 20s and still become a pro player. Maybe he would want to mutually terminate and gamble on getting a other NHL contract within the year or two?
I've seen things abate over time in my life, so never say never I guess.

However, I just don't see it. Kid would have to do so much community work, so much PR work, and so much convincing of Meyers-Crothers family he'd not have time to put skates on.

I believe the kid is damaged goods as far as an NHL contract in the future.

Reactions: Gordoff

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
So what do people think?

Cam gone? Don Gone? Scout gone? All three gone? None gone?

I think ultimately Cam will fall on the sword for his guys and be an "advisor" at best. Sweeney will apologize and continue his reign as the Teflon Don.
I agree that Don probably stays - my bet is either one of Cam/scout or both is fired.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
I heard virtually the same. Either way, something has to happen. The Bruins need a management that can function pretty darn soon.

If he went to Europe, the cap hit would come off the books but the contract would be tagged. He would owe the Bruins 3 years at some point.

As for leagues, Russia may be the only option. The IIHF respects and honors other league's suspensions so any league that falls under the IIHF umbrella (which is most of them) is probably out of luck. The IIHF in this case likely wouldn't sign his transfer card.
How fitting that would be. Ship his ass off to Russia. For so many reasons, Russia would be a lovely fit for Mitch Miller right about now.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
And donate a good portion of it to the physical and mentally abused, along with the mentally handicap. I don't see it happening, but it would go a long way in proving he's becoming remorseful, but no matter what he does today, each and every day after he needs to become a better person.
A good portion?

All of it. Own the mistakes. Own the lies. Give back what you stole. Show you’ve matured.

Then he might get another contract.

Or just pocket the cash for 3 years and never be heard from again.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
A good portion?

All of it. Own the mistakes. Own the lies. Give back what you stole. Show you’ve matured.

Then he might get another contract.

Or just pocket the cash for 3 years and never be heard from again.

My issue with him donating the proceeds from the contract is that it feels like him buying his way to being absolved. Being in a position to be able to donate that much money comes from a place of incredible privilege in and of itself.

Yes, I know that's being picky. But it doesn't feel right to me.

A week plus into this thing, I really don't know if I'd ever be comfortable with him playing professional hockey.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
My issue with him donating the proceeds from the contract is that it feels like him buying his way to being absolved. Being in a position to be able to donate that much money comes from a place of incredible privilege in and of itself.

Yes, I know that's being picky. But it doesn't feel right to me.

A week plus into this thing, I really don't know if I'd ever be comfortable with him playing professional hockey.
I don’t disagree. A donation feels empty, even self serving. but I would rather a charity receive the funds than the abuser

The whole thing is gross and I don’t think a positive outcome is possible. The damage was done years ago and it’s just been made so much worse now

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
You all realize the Bruins most likely consider this matter closed. I don't think it should be and besides the scout whoever OKed this move needs to go, if that is Sweeney and Neely so be it, can include Chuckie in this move as well. Reality to me is they are winning and that is all that matters and ownership/management is hoping it will just blow over after saying it was a mistake and releasing him, or trying to.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
So what do people think?

I think ultimately Cam will fall on the sword for his guys and be an "advisor" at best. Sweeney will apologize and continue his reign as the Teflon Don.

I've cooled dramatically on this. Don't get me wrong, I'm still pissed but I don't know if this has risen to the level of a fire-able offense. Unless during the investigation, it was found that someone lied about the vetting process or who was/wasn't contacted. Then I think that person would be fired. If this is just a case of sheer incompetence, which I completely believe looking at the parties involved. Then I think they all live to fight another day. It doesn't appear as if they lost advertising or revenue from the blow back on this. So ultimately, what cardinal sin is Monty Burns firing someone for?

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
So what do people think?

I think a more complete apology comes out including a strong message from Jacob's corroborating Neely's assessment. Some scouts are moved or fired but the leadership stays in tact. I hope I'm wrong.

Reactions: Gordoff

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I wish Cam would just step down let the bruins move on....

Cam absence in box was interesting- I always look up to see who’s there and first time this year I didn’t see him in usual spot

Hoping Don is hanging around.

• Haha
Reactions: Pia8988

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
www.medpuck.com
So what do people think?

No changes. They’ll say “I believe in second chances” goes both ways and management will strive to do better.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
At first I thought Harkins was just a common internet troll, now I think he’s just a f*** face and if he’s the only one to lose his job I’ll survive.

Still think Neely/Sweeney should be held accountable but the longer this goes the more I doubt that happens. Seems like Neely smoothing things over with the mother calmed some of the heat down

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I think Cam will be fired as president. It wouldn't shock me if he stays with the organization and probably gets involved with the Foundation. That is something he knows and is very good at.

I don't think Sweeney wanted to sign the kid so while he deserves some heat, I think he's safe.

At this point, they know they f***ed up big time and have finally talked to Isaiah's mom and made it public that they are paying for his therapy. I'm sure there is a lot of things behind the scenes that are happening and unless Isaiah and his family decide to share it, it is for the best.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Don was back in the box last night, first time since Miller “release”

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
What do you mean? Barry as President of Hockey Operations?????

Not sure I'm following.
Just a name who if Neely or Sweeney are given their walking papers, I wouldn't mind seeing in the organization. Trotz decided to take a year off, but he also said he would like to get into the managerial side of hockey.

I don't see Cam being let go or Sweeney for that matter, sure they screwed up royally but I don't see it, at least till Bergy officially hangs them up.

Reactions: Gordoff and Number8

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Just a name who if Neely or Sweeney are given their walking papers, I wouldn't mind seeing in the organization. Trotz decided to take a year off, but he also said he would like to get into the managerial side of hockey.

I don't see Cam being let go or Sweeney for that matter, sure they screwed up royally but I don't see it, at least till Bergy officially hangs them up.
Got you. Thanks. I hadn't realized that Barry had indicated an desire to get into the management side at some point in future. Interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad