Management FULL VIDEO - Contrite Cam Neely casts blame across Bruins organization while apologizing for signing Mitchell Miller (MOD Warning post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Dan Shaughnessy writes

There’s honor in the brand of the Boston Bruins, perhaps more than the team’s ownership has ever understood.

The Bruins and their fans have always stood for something around here, a tad different from our other three franchises. The Bruins have been around much longer than the Celtics or Patriots and play in a house populated by rowdy, respectful, demanding folks who probably make less money but tip better than fans of our other three teams.

The Black and Gold have lived up to the love of their fans most winters since they first skated here in 1924. They are usually competitive, traditionally pugnacious, and ever-accountable. And Cam Neely — a big, tough, skilled leader first brought here by Bruins godfather Harry Sinden in 1986 — has been a worthy steward of the franchise since taking over as team president in 2010.

All of which made it so crushing to see Neely and the Bruins blunder into one of the worst decisions in team lore, bringing distraction and dishonor to the Hub Home of Hockey just when the surprising Bruins were off to their best start (10-1-0) in franchise history.

Entire column is attatched

Attachments

• ds.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 2

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

I bet Neely doesnt really want to... or get involved any further

But he is going to have to walk the walk.... and talk to her/understand. Send them tickets to a game with 200 dollar food voucher; as a good gesture/apology

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
I bet Neely doesnt really want to... or get involved any further

But he is going to have to walk the walk.... and talk to her/understand. Send them tickets to a game with 200 dollar food voucher; as a good gesture/apology
Personally I think there's a better chance that the players fly Isiah and his mom out, get them tickets/food/hotel and let him hang out around the team.

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
He's succinct which is irritating in this situation when you want clarity and detail. He doesn't exactly seem to be taking any responsibility when it comes to his role in this. He's the President of Hockey Ops, right? Shouldn't he carry a burden that comes with more than 'again, our apologies"? Get rid of this guy, it's time to move on

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Gotta be honest, whoever created this shit show needs to go. Including Neely if that’s how it plays out.

That said, anyone crucifying him for this Presser must have unbelievabe ability to publicly speaking abilities. A red hot third rail subject and a Q and A to boot.

”He looked uncomfortable.“. No shit. :laugh::laugh::laugh: I went to the dentist yesterday and, spoiler alert, it was unpleasant.

The kid is gone. So what we need now is the Bruins to be transparent and thoroughly determine what went wrong and how it has to be fixed. Competence and transparency is key here — not speed.

Sort of like how the Miller thing should have been handled in the first place. Thoroughly, thoughtfully, and transparently.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
I'm beyond shocked how poorly this was and is being handled.

The only way this kid ever gets a shot again is if the young man that was abused and his family come out and say they accept the apology of Miller and believe he is truly rehabilitated. To think a forced DM apology a week before the contract was going to accomplish that, or to think the rest of the world would just side with them....... Unforgivable.

Honestly. Someone should lose their job over this for a multitude of reasons.

Reactions: Slurpeelover27

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
yeah....because we all know Cam has no empathy for anyone. :rolleyes:
No kidding Susan. Cam Neely might have screwed this up directly, or indirectly by letting others deal with a situation like this with too much leash. Shame on him for making that mistake. And he needs to deal with that.

But the people who want to act like he’s not a good human being should go volunteer at the Neely House for a week and come back and show some humility.

Same for those who jumped to varying degrees on Bergeron when his first comments came out over the weekend. Some suggesting he was guilty of carrying water for the Bruins at the expense of his legacy.

People say some stupid and ignorant things when the torches come out.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Every mainstream TV station is leading with this story.

Neely’s morning confession, which outrageously was not aired live by NESN (gambling fans were treated to the latest episode of “Follow The Money”)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad