Management FULL VIDEO - Contrite Cam Neely casts blame across Bruins organization while apologizing for signing Mitchell Miller (MOD Warning post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine
to that end.... NBC Sports Boston better be careful in how they report things....... seems they forgot they were in the firestorm when the Udoka scandal broke...... they've got more to lose there.....

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
Exactly. No one knows how the legal aspects of the contract play out — but as you rightly point out it will take time.

In the meantime, if anyone says that Bruins ownership couldn’t draft a statement that supports Isaiah and his family and essentially mirrors what Neely is reported to have said to the mother (Athletic article) without compromising any position as to the legal battle with NHL, NHLPA, and Miller I don’t agree.

Makes me wonder if Charlie wasn’t involved in the discussions — making it awkward for Jeremy Jacobs to take any kind of position except hunkering down in the bunker with his eyes closed and fingers in his ears.
One has nothing to do with the other yet people want to give the management team excuse after excuse for whatever reason

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
I think what everyone is perplexed by the absence of ANY comment by ownership. Apparently the buck stops below the X’s in terms of taking any ownership in this at all. Given the amount of stink out there, it’s a bad look.

Jeremy Jacobs
Charlie Jacobs

Cam Neely
Don Sweeney
Rest of operations
What do those lines represent? Because Neely reports to Charlie. And he’s a public representative of ownership.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
One has nothing to do with the other yet people want to give the management team excuse after excuse for whatever reason
Exactly.

You can show compassion and concern (and it would be SMART to do so) without compromising your legal position.

All it takes is the will………… but maybe therein lies the problem.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
100 percent two separate things. The contract thing is the NHL vs the NHLPA.

Not sure why you are grasping at straws to protect gross ineptitude
You know Lou, there’s room for a different opinion than yours. Especially one that considers this move to be terrible and a major issue for management. And that doesn’t mean that that opinion is “protecting” anyone.

You can keep saying the things aren’t intertwined. Won’t make you right, but you can keep saying it.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
What do those lines represent? Because Neely reports to Charlie. And he’s a public representative of ownership.
My point is that when a shit show of this magnitude takes place, Ownership is the ultimate “buck stops here”. Ownership employs everyone below my crude attempt to show a seemingly impervious brick ceiling shielding ownership from any accountability. At least that‘s what it looks like.

Silence from Charlie or Jeremy is too loud. They could start to make this go away by saying something.

Reactions: Nut Upstrom

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
You know Lou, there’s room for a different opinion than yours. Especially one that considers this move to be terrible and a major issue for management. And that doesn’t mean that that opinion is “protecting” anyone.

You can keep saying the things aren’t intertwined. Won’t make you right, but you can keep saying it.
Same for you. I guess we will just have to wait months for the NHL/NHLPA to figure it out before we hear from Cam or see Don again. Good look, I’m sure they value your support

Reactions: Gonzothe7thDman

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Jeremy Jacobs — I’m no PR expert, but I just took 45 seconds to type out a draft that you could use to make a statement. It’s not perfect, but something along these lines might help. I’m sure if you and your PR team took, oh, an hour or so you could come up with something far better. In the meantime, you’re welcome in advance.

“As you know, the Boston Bruins signed Mitch Miller to a contract, which has since been rescinded. I will not get into the specifics of that situation.

However, it’s important for me to say that the Boston Bruins value character and accountability on every level. During this process, we failed to properly take into account the pain and difficulty our actions may have caused Isaiah Meyer-Carothers and his family — the true victim in this unfortunate situation.

Isaiah and his family deserve the support of the entire hockey community — first and foremost from the Boston Bruins. As we take the necessary time to fully investigate what went wrong with our internal policies and practices, I want to personally take this opportunity to fully apologize to Isaiah, his family, and the hockey community as a whole for the way in which the Boston Bruins handled this matter. We need to be better and will be better In the future.

Cam Neely has spoken with Isaiah’s mother at length to convey these feelings. Out of respect for the family I will not comment on the specifics of that conversation. That said, I hope to have a similar conversation with the family in the coming days.

Again, the Boston Bruins have a long history of demanding character and accountability from all of our employees. In this case, although our intentions were good, we handled things poorly. I apologize unreservedly for any pain we’ve caused.”

Personal stuff

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
It's hilarious how they are waiting to make some sort of announcement when it's convenient to them. They are mind bogglingly out of touch with reality and the spinelessness of the organization starts with the owner and trickles all the way down.
Given that Comics Come home was scheduled well in advance and the amount of money it takes in to help children with cancer, it was smart not to make any additional moves that would overshadow the event even more. Those kids that get the money shouldn't be collateral damage because you want heads to roll when you want them to.

There is a process to actually fire someone who has term left on their contract. That shit doesn't happen when you want it to.

Tomorrow is a week from Cam's press conference and the team is off for 4 days. I'll wait and see what happens this week before I go off the deep end.

Reactions: pearljamvs5

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
Last night was Cam's major charity event, Comics Come Home plus the Bruins played in Buffalo

Tonight, the Bruins are home vs. Vancouver and then are off until Thursday.

Tomorrow is 1 week from when Cam gave his press conference.

If anything happens, I believe it will happen during this time off for the team.
I am hoping and praying you are correct. I have been saying tonight is my last game barring more serious accountability. Truth be told, I am not expecting anything. If that's the case, I just don't know. I just can't stick with them any longer. This makes me incredibly sad.

Reactions: KWbruin

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
This group of liars has investigated themselves and deemed themself innocent. They'll never say another word on this and all will keep their jobs. Black and Gold doesn't break the line. f***ing joke.

Bruins still sending Miller checks.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Doubt legalities prevent him from saying, "I'm sorry."

However, I wouldn't be surprised if he's under orders from ownership to remain silent, and not for legal reasons. I think they're hoping to wait the whole thing out so they're staying quiet. That doesn't absolve Sweeney from his silence, though.
This group has been run by cowards. How they fired Claude. Run and hide in any time of strife. But they wore the spoked B so they're untouchable

Reactions: EverettMike

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I am hoping and praying you are correct. I have been saying tonight is my last game barring more serious accountability. Truth be told, I am not expecting anything. If that's the case, I just don't know. I just can't stick with them any longer. This makes me incredibly sad.
This is on the management not the players. Don't punish them for this. They said they didn't want the kid.

You can separate the team from management

Reactions: pearljamvs5

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
This group of liars has investigated themselves and deemed themself innocent. They'll never say another word on this and all will keep their jobs. Black and Gold doesn't break the line. f***ing joke.

Bruins still sending Miller checks.

You do realize they have to go through all the legal ways to find a way out of his contract?

Its not a simple matter unfortunately

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
You do realize they have to go through all the legal ways to find a way out of his contract?

Its not a simple matter unfortunately
I don’t think they’re gonna get out of his contract, not sure what argument they have to. He hasn’t done anything to breach it since the signing, I think they’ll be buying it out.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles

Yep..

“Neely’s press conference came a day after the Bruins issued a statement that they would cut ties with Miller, if not rescind the offer. But the contract had already been registered, so there was nothing to rescind.

Slap Shots has been told there has been no effort on the Bruins’ behalf to terminate the contract as late as this Saturday. There is almost certainly no legal basis under the CBA for doing so. Instead, the club has told Miller — originally assigned to AHL Providence — to go home.

Miller will be paid for the remainder of the season on his AHL rate of $82,500. Following the season, the Bruins can buy him out of the remaining two years of the contract at one-third of the $775,000 per at his NHL pay scale. That would equate to a buyout sum of $516,615 … plus the total in guaranteed bonuses that amounts to $285,000.

Perhaps Miller, plus his agent, Eustace King, might want to donate a portion of that money to a cause endorsed by Isaiah Meyer-Crothers and his family.”

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
so this pretty much discounts the "Bruins need to wait for the NHL/NHLPA" nonsense.

the nonsense, to me, is “rescind the offer’. Its legal and binding.
Unless both parties mutually agree to terminate. Which I do not see happening.
The whole ‘ not eligible to play’ is enforceable between NHL and Team. Not leagues fault Bruins did something stupid. It also eliminates any governance NHLPA has. Thry dont have a dog in the fight as long as player is paid and then bought out next year per collective bargaining.

There is nothing anywhere real or implied in contract or cba that a player has a right to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad