Management FULL VIDEO - Contrite Cam Neely casts blame across Bruins organization while apologizing for signing Mitchell Miller (MOD Warning post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I think the most likely scenario is the one dom answered above. Less dollars out and within the cba. That removes nhlpa, lawyers, etc…

Just leaves a black eye with years to go back to normal tone.
I don’t feel like the black eye will be rhat substantial. Time will tell, but Getting a sense that they get past this with a fairly unscathed brand.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I don’t feel like the black eye will be rhat substantial. Time will tell, but Getting a sense that they get past this with a fairly unscathed brand.

it willin regard to living in the cap for those years. Whilst dollars arent much it will still be a pebble stuck in the shoe. Just keeps showing up.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
it willin regard to living in the cap for those years. Whilst dollars arent much it will still be a pebble stuck in the shoe. Just keeps showing up.
Absolutely. We are struggling to think how the Bruins will move Cap once Forbert is back (Smith, Reilly, etc). Finding hundreds of thousands of dollars in Cap money in a similar situation in the future is going to sting when Mitchell Miller’s name is on the tab.

Going to sting to have to give up say a second get someone to take someone like a Reilly in the future in order to get necessary room.

Reactions: Gordoff

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Absolutely. We are struggling to think how the Bruins will move Cap once Forbert is back (Smith, Reilly, etc). Finding hundreds of thousands of dollars in Cap money in a similar situation in the future is going to sting when Mitchell Miller’s name is on the tab.

Going to sting to have to give up say a second get someone to take someone like a Reilly in the future in order to get necessary room.
The money will count against the cap only if bought out.

Buried in AHL, or better yet, send him to ECHL, it doesn't count against the cap only counts against 50 contract limit.

CHRDANHUTCH

Mar 4, 2002
Auburn, Maine

Buried in AHL, or better yet, send him to ECHL, it doesn't count against the cap only counts against 50 contract limit.
same rule applies in ECHL..... SAME Union, not eligible if AHL has to approve player, likely same rule applies in the ECHL

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

Thanks Dom. Didn't realize that.

I'll bet that's the way it plays out. Can't imagine B's will want to stomach money against the books for this guy. Just extends an already painful situation.

Reactions: Gordoff

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Guessing the Bruins hope this plays out like the thread. People up in arms at first and the longer it plays out more and more people willing to let them off the hook.
Hope they don't get away with it. Bunch of cowards and liars.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I've cooled dramatically on this. Don't get me wrong, I'm still pissed but I don't know if this has risen to the level of a fire-able offense. Unless during the investigation, it was found that someone lied about the vetting process or who was/wasn't contacted. Then I think that person would be fired. If this is just a case of sheer incompetence, which I completely believe looking at the parties involved. Then I think they all live to fight another day. It doesn't appear as if they lost advertising or revenue from the blow back on this. So ultimately, what cardinal sin is Monty Burns firing someone for?
It is "all about the money" isn't it!?! And so goes life.

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Threaten to sit him for three years, only AHL salary, no play. He may want out to try his craft somewhere else.
Better yet, ECHL if that is allowed. Utterly ends his career even if he scores points. A middle 20s player who never played above the ECHL would not develop at an NHL standard. Minor league salary would likely entice him to terminate and relocate to Europe?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
if that player is signed can he at least get a game before he has to go to the Russian KHL. what a scenario. he did put up big points as a defenseman. 2nd chances arent bad

• Haha
Reactions: pearljamvs5

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA
Guessing the Bruins hope this plays out like the thread. People up in arms at first and the longer it plays out more and more people willing to let them off the hook.
Lou, I think you are exactly right. Life moves on and outrage fades. I'm not sure I can move past this as a Bruins fan. This one hits hard. The organization seems to be willing to run out the clock, and the team's hot start is certainly providing some level of cover.

This could have been mitigated with an acknowledgement of ownership of the decision by someone in management. If it doesn't happen in the next few days, it likely not going to happen.

Reactions: EverettMike

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad