Speculation: Front Office

Should Rutherford Stay or Go?

• Total voters

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Whoever replaces JR needs to have the balls to trade some future HOFers for futures, build the prospect pool, wade us through a few stinky years and not self-sabotage with our 1st round picks. If that’s Tallon so be it.
Tallon didn't do all that great of a job re-building the Panthers. Sure, he got some good high draft picks to build around in Barkov, Huberdeau, and Ekblad, but the rest of the team is meh. Plus, that Bobrovsky contract.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Whoever replaces JR needs to have the balls to trade some future HOFers for futures, build the prospect pool, wade us through a few stinky years and not self-sabotage with our 1st round picks. If that’s Tallon so be it.

That's not about the next GM, that's about the owners. If they don't want to do that, then the next GM will be picked on not doing that - and given how many owners avoid rebuilds until they absolutely have to, it seems pretty likely.

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013
tenor.gif

Reactions: EightyOne and Jacob

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017

New GM: Hey Sid we are trading you.

Sid’s NMC:
AccurateDisastrousCatfish-size_restricted.gif

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Would he wanna stick around if he’s entering his late 30s and we’re going full tank?

Who knows but what Sid does is up to him? Maybe he would like to play with a bunch of kids and help the next generation Pens come through. Sounds like a Sid thing to do.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
What the f*** does this mean?
Dumba knelt at center ice while fellow Black players Malcolm Subban of Chicago and Darnell Nurse of Edmonton each stood with a hand on one of his shoulders. Several teams this week stood together during the U.S. and Canadian anthems, with some players locking arms to show solidarity.
Matt Dumba kneels, NHL puts focus on Black Lives Matter – Twin Cities
His fellow black players.

Mate, he's half Filipino and half not black.

ows_142966773549773.jpg

I guess he must be secretly Rachel Dolezal's kid.

Khelandros

Feb 12, 2019

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I've played with him. His dad has coached and reffed me. There is no black in his family. That doesn't mean there is no racism towards him, because there has been.
Oh 100% and I am glad he's a part of that group and is pushing it forward, but I just thought it was weird how media outlets kept saying he was black but also not really identifying his actual background because there's a ton of Filipino kids that would surely love to see him as a role model within that community.

Same for Nazem Kadri.
Juraj Khaira
And so on...

It was more along the lines of - The NHL has some diverse players, let's make sure people know so they can be the role models to those communities and as a whole.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
To add to that post - I would have loved a proper spotlight on Dumba and what he has experienced so people get a better perspective of his path and the obstacles he faced in regards to racism against him and his background. Because that is also something people should be educated on.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Then how about not saying “pretending to be black” as if he’s the one controlling the journalism? It sounded really bad on your part because otherwise we agree. I had no idea there were so many Filipino players and it’s great for my some day kids to have someone to identify with.
I should have elaborated on it, while being three sheets to the wind at midnight, perusing this board.

Edit: I didn't know you were Filipino, like I said above, huge opportunity for him at that stage to represent his community. Because my "some day kids" will be 1/3 black, 1/3 white, 1/3 vietnamese and they'll basically look Filipino.

Reactions: Mario_is_BACK!!

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2