Rumor: Friedman: “Habs management has been told to rebuild and stock up on picks and prospects.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
If what Friedman wrote is true, and really I have no reason to believe anything he says since he has mastered the art of saying a whole lot without actually meaning anything, then we should all be thrilled with this news.

It's what we wanted, it's what we wanted to hear at the end of season press conference...

Yet now some are complaining about it...smdh

People wanted to hear that Bergevin had been relieved of his duties and the team would be initiating a GM search. Of course people are still complaining.

The only thing it helps is people's opinions of Moslon, because if true then he isn't entirely focused on getting playoff revenue and recognizes the team sucks and has to many holes.

Reactions: CHwest

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Because our GM does NOT know what he is doing...why give him more rope? The next thing you know, he will be getting a nother 5 yr extension, for his failures...
We, are not in charge of giving him more rope...he has it.

So at least, if we're to believe what Friedman wrote, he's going about it the right way.

I mean, what else can we ask for as fans if the owner doesn't want to fire the GM?

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I'm not disagreeing. All I'm saying is, he hasn't really done a rebuild. The team he got 6 years ago, was a good club that had a weird year. The base was there. Yeah, he tore it apart through incompetence, but he still hasn't done a rebuild. At the end of the day, it's not like we have a choice anyway, so I choose to be optimistic; otherwise, what's the point in even paying attention.
I gave the benefit of the doubt, for the first 3 seasons..............he made a mess of it all, by not doing a good job...sorry, just can't trust a clown...

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
So I guess Weber and price are gonna be traded right?
You can’t rebuild with these 2 guys and their salaries
If we’re rebuilding 7 years into Bergevins regime , then this team is more f***ed than I thought
There’s gonna be a lot of empty seats in the bell centre

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
We, are not in charge of giving him more rope...he has it.

So at least, if we're to believe what Friedman wrote, he's going about it the right way.

I mean, what else can we ask for as fans if the owner doesn't want to fire the GM?
Then the owner is a complete Buffoon just like we thought he was

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
People wanted to hear that Bergevin had been relieved of his duties and the team would be initiating a GM search. Of course people are still complaining.

The only thing it helps is people's opinions of Moslon, because if true then he isn't entirely focused on getting playoff revenue and recognizes the team sucks and has to many holes.
But he wasn't...why keep torturing yourself by repeating it constantly?

Would I like someone else with an actual plan that he can implement in place? Yes of course...

But i'll settle for the guy in place, doing better than he has in the past (which of course, is not impossible).

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
God I hope this is the case, maybe Molson has seen the light...

I would absolutely be trading anyone on expiring contracts, it doesn't need to be right away though. Some players need to build back some value.

Players like Weber and Price don't need to be tossed right away, lots of time on them.
Lots of time on them, which makes them the most valuable. Because of this, they should return the highest quality assets, hence the idea of letting them go. Expiring contracts is good to get small pieces.

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I'm of the opinion that competing AND stockpiling assets should go hand in hand...that ensures success that's more long term and viable.

A team should always have an eye on the present and the other on the future.
We have zero assets to get a centre or a dman so you can’t look at the present to compete
This team is a mess

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
I have a tough time believing it. Why would you hand the keys to a guy that ran your franchise into the ground? Makes sense if you bring someone new in, but the binman has proven his ineptitude. Hope that's a word. :huh:

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
Lol, why now? Why? Why didn't we do it last year? Why on earth did we sign Price to a bajillion dollars, and trade away our top D prospect if we were just going to rebuild next year?

This is now crying over the rumour of spilled milk, and in case it is true, it's better late than never: but **** me, why didn't we do this earlier?

Pretty simple.

Last year we finished first in the division with 100 points but were disapointed by being eliminated in the 1st round. You don't tank then.

This year we finished 3rd last. Thats a good point to start tanking.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
when MB was first hired, one of the first things out of his mouth was "build through the draft"

if he would have stuck to those words and that strategy, we would be in a much better position today

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Coaching yes, but as for management personnel they’re all pretty much still here. Larry freakin Carriere still has a job for crying out loud. Mellanby, Lapointe, Churla etc..Pretty much the same country club with only Dudley gone.

Pro and amateur scouting need an overhaul. The clean-up is far from done.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I'm not disagreeing. All I'm saying is, he hasn't really done a rebuild. The team he got 6 years ago, was a good club that had a weird year. The base was there. Yeah, he tore it apart through incompetence, but he still hasn't done a rebuild. At the end of the day, it's not like we have a choice anyway, so I choose to be optimistic; otherwise, what's the point in even paying attention.

go back and read the 2012 letter to fans from Geoff Molson....

Then remember listening to our new GM say will build thru the draft...

hmmmm....that wasnt 30 days ago he said that...lol

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
go back and read the 2012 letter to fans from Geoff Molson....

Then remember listening to our new GM say will build thru the draft...

hmmmm....that wasnt 30 days ago he said that...lol

I guess I'm just not as invested as you guys. I don't actually care all that much these days what they do, I'm just here for something to do as a hobby.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Would like to have a rebuild under a completely different management staff to get an entire clean slate, but I'll take what I can get at this point.

which is a trap....Leafs got it right finally when they did what?Yup cleaned house and put in people who knew what the heck they was doing...people who where WINNERS.......

Oilers fans, was sold on a rebuild.....been about 12 years and still no results....

It is not as simple as saying lets rebuild,.....ask NYI FANS....

Go ask Arizona fans about there rebuild...

ask Buffalo Sabers fan about there rebuild...

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
Woah...I completely disagree there.

with Max Pacioretty, #3 overall pick, 4 2nd round picks...the Habs have more than enough assets to acquire a centre or dman.
Pacioretty is not Getting you an accomplished Centre
Trading the 3rd overall pick is just idiotic
Sergachev and subban were traded for a winger and another dman
Those two assets shoulda been used to get a centre

Reactions: bsl

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
which is a trap....Leafs got it right finally when they did what?Yup cleaned house and out in people who knew what the heck they was doing...

Oilers fans, was sold on a rebuild.....been about 12 years and still no results....

It is not as simple as saying lets rebuild,.....ask NYI FANS....

Go ask Arizona fans about there rebuild...

ask Buffalo Sabers fan about there rebuild...
Not every team who cleans house gets it right...

Reactions: Runner77 and Andy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad