Rumor: Friedman: “Habs management has been told to rebuild and stock up on picks and prospects.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I like the part about rebuilding. I don't like the part about Bergevin keeping his job.

I mean if Bergevin was fired after another bad season, I'm pretty sure Molson would want to find new management to rebuild with.

At any rate, why is Molson, a non-hockey guy giving orders to rebuild?

I agree. TBH, I don't believe there's any truth to this. Molson has been clear that he wants a competitive team on the ice next season.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
If a player truley wants out, NMC don't mean to much..we seen it many times.....

Almost every player with an NMC has limited the trade pool to less than 6 teams. If Price was unhappy he wouldn't say trade me anywhere. He'd say I'll waive to Nashville, Vancouver, or Edmonton (as an example). When you waive it doesn't mean you are now available to anyone. You can be selective and in the case of Dany Heatley, he changed his mind at the last minute on Edmonton when a deal was ready to fax.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
yes, i said it...he is mentally wore out from playing in this dump....since he been drafted, this team has pinned it all on Price to gets the wins...2-1 ..1-0 ...Jacques Martin...and Therrien both old grinder coaches...1-0 -2-1 wins are great....If was a 10.5 million dollar goalie and seen the defense group my GM put on the ice last year and BELIEVE IN ...yeah i lose focus also....seeing that trash

you blamed his poor season on the defense previously.....now your blaming it on him losing focus.....so which is it?

and you still didnt answer why Niemi can put up good numbers behind the same team

Mario Lemieux fan 66

Nov 2, 2012
If we are rebuilding, then Price must be traded. Trade him to Nashville for Rinne + then you trade Rinne to an other team for picks and prospects.

Price being an injury prone player sign until is late 3o's at a 10.5 millions cap hit with a NTC. He is only making sense to a contender team that gamble that he has 3-4 good years left in him.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Wouldn't surprise me even a little if MB preferred drafting a defenseman since that man really does love defenseman it seems. The Habs need so much he has to start somewhere to fix his mess I guess. Would be nice to finally have a young offensive point producing top line forward sometime in the future though. :nod:
If this were true, that the plan is to rebuild, well dmen take longer to hit their prime so start with drafting them first. So by year 3 of rebuild those prospects are already 2-3 years into development.

Besides, most teams today that are loaded up front but not on the backend have flopped ie Toronto Maple Leafs. Defense does win championships

Reactions: sheed36

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
I wouldn't be surprised to see Price go to NYI this summer......Lou will rape MB in a trade

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
you blamed his poor season on the defense previously.....now your blaming it on him losing focus.....so which is it?

and you still didnt answer why Niemi can put up good numbers behind the same team

Give Nemei 65 starts then will talk...

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Lol, why now? Why? Why didn't we do it last year? Why on earth did we sign Price to a bajillion dollars, and trade away our top D prospect if we were just going to rebuild next year?

This is now crying over the rumour of spilled milk, and in case it is true, it's better late than never: but **** me, why didn't we do this earlier?

Because we don't have all the information

habs73

Jul 29, 2006
I don't believe this. But I certainly hope I'm wrong.

If this is true, some players should be on their way out, right? Like Weber, at least, right? I mean if you are heading this way, you have to sell your most valuable vets, right?

God I hope this is the case, maybe Molson has seen the light...

I would absolutely be trading anyone on expiring contracts, it doesn't need to be right away though. Some players need to build back some value.

Players like Weber and Price don't need to be tossed right away, lots of time on them.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
If what Friedman wrote is true, and really I have no reason to believe anything he says since he has mastered the art of saying a whole lot without actually meaning anything, then we should all be thrilled with this news.

It's what we wanted, it's what we wanted to hear at the end of season press conference...

Yet now some are complaining about it...smdh

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
As much as Bergevin scares us all, when you think about it he hasn't done a rebuild. All he's done is build on the fly and patch work to take a run at the playoffs.

Maybe rebuilding a team is his forte? I mean, who knows?
SIX yrs ago he said, he would build through the draft.................he inherited a much better team, than he has created....he is a clown...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I'm of the opinion that competing AND stockpiling assets should go hand in hand...that ensures success that's more long term and viable.

A team should always have an eye on the present and the other on the future.

Reactions: BLONG7

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
If what Friedman wrote is true, and really I have no reason to believe anything he says since he has mastered the art of saying a whole lot without actually meaning anything, then we should all be thrilled with this news.

It's what we wanted, it's what we wanted to hear at the end of season press conference...

Yet now some are complaining about it...smdh
Because our GM does NOT know what he is doing...why give him more rope? The next thing you know, he will be getting a nother 5 yr extension, for his failures...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I'm of the opinion that competing AND stockpiling assets should go hand in hand...that ensures success that's more long term and viable.

A team should always have an eye on the present and the other on the future.
Absolutely....it's our GM that does not do this............and yet, he is still around...

Reactions: 417

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
SIX yrs ago he said, he would build through the draft.................he inherited a much better team, than he has created....he is a clown...

I'm not disagreeing. All I'm saying is, he hasn't really done a rebuild. The team he got 6 years ago, was a good club that had a weird year. The base was there. Yeah, he tore it apart through incompetence, but he still hasn't done a rebuild. At the end of the day, it's not like we have a choice anyway, so I choose to be optimistic; otherwise, what's the point in even paying attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->