Rumor: Friedman: “Habs management has been told to rebuild and stock up on picks and prospects.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Let's say they do go....trading Price coming off a bad stat year..trading Weber in a bad stat year....trading Pacman coming off a bad stat year....all diminished values right?
\

Then you look over to Nashville, if they was to trade Subban well he is up for a Norris nomination....what's his value like right now?
Good year or bad year...it's not very likely the Habs will be able to move Price

Shea Weber didn't have a bad statistical year...he was just injured

Pacioretty is coming off a bad statistical year, but his numbers were in line with the teams numbers...his value is well established in the year., one bad season doesn't wipe away a career worth of consistent goal production, no matter how much the HF army tries to tell you otherwise.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
I think Weber has good trade value but Price?

If they ever do try to move him . ..Price got lots of value ..just might have to be Montreal eating some salary or another big contract coming back the other way from another team with a big money deal they like to try to move along...

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
If they ever do try to move him . ..Price got lots of value

how the hell can you say price has lots of value?

with his pay and the season he had last year?......he has zero value.....if we could get a frst round pick for him that would be good

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

with his pay and the season he had last year?......he has zero value.....if we could get a frst round pick for him that would be good

You offer Price to 31 NHL teams....Lets say 10 clubs needs a goalie..like CAROLINA /Vancouver /Nashville/NYI/Flyers etc etc etc....all you do is eat 2 million a year of his salary...be that simple..or you take back extra salary in the deal ...Price if on the market ,is worth a great return ....this is not Halak ...

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Also from his 31 thoughts podcast:

Wouldn't surprise me even a little if MB preferred drafting a defenseman since that man really does love defenseman it seems. The Habs need so much he has to start somewhere to fix his mess I guess. Would be nice to finally have a young offensive point producing top line forward sometime in the future though. :nod:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
after the season he had last year, he might as well be halak

I can bet you other NHKL GM doesn't view it that way....they look at Montreal joke defense ....and joke forward group....there not that dumb..lol they see the AHL team that been built playing in NHL..lol

Put Price on the high firepower Winnipeg Jets for example....where he doesn't need to stop 28 of 30 shots most night to win ....

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
I can bet you other NHKL GM doesn't view it that way....they look at Montreal joke defense ....and joke forward group....there not that dumb..lol they see the AHL team that been built playing in NHL..lol

okay....then explain why a goalie like Niemi put up the numbers that he did playing behind the same defense and team?

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
You offer Price to 31 NHL teams....Lets say 10 clubs needs a goalie..like CAROLINA /Vancouver /Nashville/NYI/Flyers etc etc etc....all you do is eat 2 million a year of his salary...be that simple..or you take back extra salary in the deal ...Price if on the market ,is worth a great return ....this is not Halak ...

You can only offer Price to a team he wants to play for. No movement clause.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
If they ever do try to move him . ..Price got lots of value ..just might have to be Montreal eating some salary or another big contract coming back the other way from another team with a big money deal they like to try to move along...
I think that post is bogus. Can't see Habs doing a 180 like that

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
okay....then explain why a goalie like Niemi put up the numbers that he did playing behind the same defense and team?

Price been faced with this teams garbage for way to long.....
Heck even when Huet was here, he had to stop 28 of 30 a night or we'd lose....this Club has been so dumb for so long....

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Price been faced with this teams garbage for way to long.....
Heck even when Huet was here, he had to stop 28 of 30 a night or we'd lose....this Club has been so dumb for so long....

so basically you dont have an answer for my question

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta

He only has zero value to you and you're not an NHL GM. Teams that are close to being Cup contenders but which lack quality goaltending (like the Flyers in pretty much every year since Ron Hextall was traded away, or Toronto, or the Blues or the Wild or even the Preds now that Rinne has imploded) would be interested in Price.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Lol, why now? Why? Why didn't we do it last year? Why on earth did we sign Price to a bajillion dollars, and trade away our top D prospect if we were just going to rebuild next year?

This is now crying over the rumour of spilled milk, and in case it is true, it's better late than never: but f*** me, why didn't we do this earlier?

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Lol, why now? Why? Why didn't we do it last year? Why on earth did we sign Price to a bajillion dollars, and trade away our top D prospect if we were just going to rebuild next year?

This is now crying over the rumour of spilled milk, and in case it is true, it's better late than never: but **** me, why didn't we do this earlier?
Because earlier the mandate was to make the playoffs by any means necessary (up to and including mortgaging the future for a chance to win a little bit today) Now, if this rumor is to be believed, the mandate has changed from "win now" to "tank now".

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017

the answer to that question is as easy as answering what is 2+2

because we have inept and incompetent management who have no plan and no direction....they just have jobs that they are trying to keep for as long as possible

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
so basically you dont have an answer for my question

yes, i said it...he is mentally wore out from playing in this dump....since he been drafted, this team has pinned it all on Price to gets the wins...2-1 ..1-0 ...Jacques Martin...and Therrien both old grinder coaches...1-0 -2-1 wins are great....If i was a 10.5 million dollar goalie and seen the defense group my GM put on the ice last year and BELIEVE IN ...yeah i lose focus also....seeing that trash...

Neimi hasn't been ground down since 18 in Montreal...

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Coaching yes, but as for management personnel they’re all pretty much still here. Larry freakin Carriere still has a job for crying out loud. Mellanby, Lapointe, Churla etc..Pretty much the same country club with only Dudley gone.

Larry freaking Carrière was sent to roam around AHL and ECHL arenas. That's as big a demotion there is without being fired.

Churla and anyone from amateur scouting will not be gone before the draft. Bergevin has already said that the will stay until the draft and they will evaluate that department afterwards. So I can see Churla gone.

I'm good with Mellanby, Lapointe, and Timmins sticking around. They're not pushing 70 like Dudley and Carrière are.

They got rid of Therrien a year and a half ago. They got rid of Lefebvre and the coaching staff in the minors. They got rid of Daigneault and Lacroix. They brought in fresh blood in Ducharme, Bouchard, and Laval's assistant coach in Daniel Jacob. These were major changes that needed to be addressed before any player personnel is assessed.

If they are going the route of a "rebuild", then there will also be changes on the ice and in the system.

So whether you agree that MB is still around or not, significant changes are being made.

I've made piece with MB sticking around. But if Friedman's report is true, I'm very happy that there is at least a direction. And a direction that makes sense for this team moving forward.

So far, Habs' off-season has been nearly batting 1000.

Reactions: scrubadam
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->