Rumor: Friedman: “Habs management has been told to rebuild and stock up on picks and prospects.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
amazing foresight this team would have.

Got Weber, signed Price for forever

Traded an 18 yr old potential franchise defenseman for an older top 6 fwd.

within one yr, you make today moves to rebuild.

This organization is more bi polar then its fans

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
are you trusting this rebuild to the guys who destroyed the foundation they inherited...what gives you any hope?..to me it's BAD NEWS.....now if it was new management who knows what a winner IS..and has built one ..ok that be great news.....

OK... too bad for you. I'm excited.

Reactions: Ethan Wiles and 417

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
OK... too bad for you. I'm excited.

lol..ok..

ANYBODY CAN REBUILD.....just like Edmonton since 2006......

You get the wrong guys conducting the rebuild....guess what???

I get that feeling TODAY.

I don't want these guy anywhere near a rebuild...i seen enough work.,

You want to rebuild, then clean everyone out of management from scouts to gm's .....then let's rebuild properly.

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
so how much cap space will Habs have open this year 20 million???lol
A rebuild can involve bringing in free agents and or players through trade as well. Rebuild doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll have a ton of unused money.
It won’t bother me too much if they miss again this year, as long as they put a more exciting product on the ice and build for the future. Similar to the Leafs who have a more exciting team.

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017
lol..ok..

ANYBODY CAN REBUILD.....just like Edmonton since 2006......

You get the wrong guys conducting the rebuild....guess what???

I get that feeling TODAY.

I don't want these guy anywhere near a rebuild...i seen enough work.,

I get it. But you might want to find a different team to cheer for lol!

Anyways the scouting has been fine and Bergevin is actually ok at getting picks so if his mandate is to restock the cupboards (which it should be), then it will be ok. You may get what you wish for in a few years no matter what, and hopefully by then the new GM will at least have a decent pipeline of talent to work with... unlike the miserable pipeline that has sucked balls the last 4 years.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
A rebuild can involve bringing in free agents and or players through trade as well. Rebuild doesn’t necessarily mean they’ll have a ton of unused money.
It won’t bother me too much if they miss again this year, as long as they put a more exciting product on the ice and build for the future. Similar to the Leafs who have a more exciting team.

when the Leafs decided to rebuild ,did they keep the same management team and scouts to do the rebuild????

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
This guy is full of it. Who is MB trying to deceive? Buffalo? Carolina? A smoke screen. For what purpose.

This is what I was wondering to. You're picking 3rd overall in a draft where picks 1 and 2 are already decided. What is the point of misleading everyone about who you are picking? Especially misleading everyone about picking a guy that isn't consistently ranked in the top 5 anyway...

Doesn't make sense.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

Apparently heard on a podcast from today.

If true, this is obviously the way we need to go. So THAT is good news. The fact that it’s Marc Bergevin and the country club calling the shots..well, that’s incredibly frightening for this Habs fan..

If we’re TRULY rebuilding, we need to start by rebuilding the management personnel first..

Friedman says he has heard internally Habs management has been told to rebuild and stock up on picks and prospects, if they improve and don’t make the playoffs next year, ownership won’t freak

Hang on, does that mean ownership is pushing a rebuild AND they want to see improvement next season. That's pretty interesting actually.

I might be reading to much into it, but that seems like they're putting pressure on Bergevin.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
How can these "teams" know/think that saying they're interested in Kotkaniemi is a smokescreen, but not the rumor we want one of the d-men? Why wouldnt both be smokescreens? This seems made-up.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal

If true, this is obviously the way we need to go. So THAT is good news. The fact that it’s Marc Bergevin and the country club calling the shots..well, that’s incredibly frightening for this Habs fan..

If we’re TRULY rebuilding, we need to start by rebuilding the management personnel first..

Friedman is just throwing crap against the wall and seeing if it sticks. Until some or all of Price, Pacioretty, Weber, Alzner, Petry, Byron, Benn, Schlemko and Shaw are moved, I'd say it's stay on course for The Idiot and his crew of pirates.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
If there is any truth to this, it is good news.

I like the part about rebuilding. I don't like the part about Bergevin keeping his job.

I mean if Bergevin was fired after another bad season, I'm pretty sure Molson would want to find new management to rebuild with.

At any rate, why is Molson, a non-hockey guy giving orders to rebuild?

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
This is what I was wondering to. You're picking 3rd overall in a draft where picks 1 and 2 are already decided. What is the point of misleading everyone about who you are picking? Especially misleading everyone about picking a guy that isn't consistently ranked in the top 5 anyway...

Doesn't make sense.

Unlesd you want to trade down. Then it makes sense

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Hang on, does that mean ownership is pushing a rebuild AND they want to see improvement next season. That's pretty interesting actually.

I might be reading to much into it, but that seems like they're putting pressure on Bergevin.

I read a quote from Trevor T the other day...he was saying the draft pick they pick doesnt have to play this year in NHL....there now focused on LONG TERM..LOL .to not just build a team to make playoffs but contend for a Stanley Cup..... sadly, those was the same words Geoff Molson used when he hired Bergevin in 2012.....no joke,..

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014

The more futures you add, the more you can sell to compete now without hurting your pool. :sarcasm:

Reactions: MaxPacwhereishe

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

If this is true?? Does it mean Price and other vets are going?

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Let's say they do....trading Price coming off a bad stat year..trading Weber in a bad stat year....trading Pacman coming off a bad stat year....all diminished values right?
\

Then you look over to Nashville, if they was to trade Subban well he is up for a Norris nomination....what's his value like right now?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
The team can stock up picks/prospects without having to trade everyone currently on the roster...

Price/Weber's contract are going to be very difficult to move, so don't expect either of those guys to get moved anytime soon.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
The team can stock up picks/prospects without having to trade everyone currently on the roster...

Price/Weber's contract are going to be very difficult to move, so don't expect either of those guys to get moved anytime soon.
I think Weber has good trade value but Price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad