Free Mika

Sens Rule

Sep 22, 2005
Da Costa is useless.

He seems to be so far, didn't make for a huge impact replacing Spezza, not that useful with Smith, Neil etc. Da Costa hasn't been terrible but he also really has no fit and we have no need for what he brings. Granted he was facing HUGE talented teams out West.

With 1 win so far, I would bring Zibby back up. Speed and size he has in spades. Polish and experience he doesn't have, but Da Costa (or Kassian) don't provide much in the lineup.

No one is going to claim Da Costa, and if they do, who really cares?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
You have a self admitted blatant bias against Mika.

He was easily one of our best players heading into playoffs, and I am far from the only one to say it.

I have a self-admitted blatant bias against Mika? This is news to me. I've always been very blunt when talking about Zibanejad. I was very excited when he was playing well, and not so exuberant about his play outside of that. Zibanejad played well in spurts last year, but he was inconsistent.

If you want to claim that I have a bias against Zibanejad because I'm not crowning him King just yet well...feel free. I call it like I see it.

He seems to be so far, didn't make for a huge impact replacing Spezza, not that useful with Smith, Neil etc. Da Costa hasn't been terrible but he also really has no fit and we have no need for what he brings. Granted he was facing HUGE talented teams out West.

With 1 win so far, I would bring Zibby back up. Speed and size he has in spades. Polish and experience he doesn't have, but Da Costa (or Kassian) don't provide much in the lineup.

No one is going to claim Da Costa, and if they do, who really cares?

Maybe we've been watching different games. Da Costa has made maybe 1 bad, irresponsible play since he's been up. In 4 games he's been on the ice for 3 goals for in which he played a part despite not getting a point. He's been making chances and if not for some bad luck would have a goal or more points himself. He's been very effective on both sides of the ice...but he's not Zibanejad so I know it's hard to see effective play for him.

John Holmes*

No its hard to see effective play from Da Costa because he isn't doing anything.

You're watching him closely and pointing out how few mistakes he has made.

Think about that.

The bar needs to be set higher than that.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
No its hard to see effective play from Da Costa because he isn't doing anything.

You're watching him closely and pointing out how few mistakes he has made.

Think about that.

The bar needs to be set higher than that.

I point out his good plays and nobody has anything else to say but "MIKA WOULD DO BETTER". Think about that. Nobody is giving Da Costa a chance and ignoring all the good plays he's made. Immediately after he made the 1 bad play this season people were calling for his head and completely ignoring all the scoring opportunities he's created, the havoc he's causing in the neutral zone and the solid defensive play he's done as a centre.

John Holmes*

I will think about how much better our team will be when Da Costa is gone and Zibanejad is in the lineup.

TheOriginalSilf*

you guys flip flop faster than a politician.

"Da Costa is great! we cannot waive him!"

"Screw Da Costa! I want my Zibby!"

Put me down as someone who's never wanted SDC in the NHL over Zibby. Dumb move was dumb move.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
I like him getting premiere ice-time in Bingo now rather than have him up here and grinding it out in Da Costa's place. IMO it's good in the long run for him to be "the guy" in Bingo for a while, and maybe light a fire in him when he (inevitably) comes back up.

Slack

everything's fine?
Apr 27, 2012
Actually I'll change my tune a bit and say that I wouldn't mind seeing JGP go down and have Mika take over his 3/4 C duties. Pags has been super quiet out there and could probably use some more Bingo time. As long as SDC remains the odd man out / Kassian fill-in.

Here I Pageau Again

Jul 4, 2012
Put me down as someone who's never wanted SDC in the NHL over Zibby. Dumb move was dumb move.

I concur.

I was never a fan of having him up here. Although, I am not opposed to Zibby getting better in the AHL. But at this point with the lack luster performances of our bottom six, I think he'd add some needed speed, grit and skill to that bottom 6.

At this point, if our bottom six does not get it together in 1-2 more games, I'd be happy to bring up Zibby and see what he can do.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
you guys flip flop faster than a politician.

"Da Costa is great! we cannot waive him!"

"Screw Da Costa! I want my Zibby!"

I never flip flopped once... they should have not been greedy and traded DaCosta for a pick at the beginning of the season. He is like Paajarvi lite. If this was simply to send Zibanejad a message, then I would understand. But doing it because we need a space for DaCosta is a bit ridiculous. Zibanejad is the better of the two... better at faceoffs, more NHL points, more jam, more physical and has just as good a shot and pass. Zibanejad has a far higher ceiling. DaCosta has shown me nothing and Pageau has also dropped off the map since preseason.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It doesn't have to be a choice between Ziba and Da Costa. There's other candidates for making room for Ziba.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Don't understand why he's still down in the AHL for a supposed lack of effort in training camp, when most of the team is lacking effort in the regular season.

The point has been made, get him back up here.

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
I didnt want to lose DaCosta for nothing but, there is no room on this team at the center position.

Spezza, Turris, Zibanejad, Pageau, Smith.....+JOB/Grant...even with injuries, I just dont see where DaCosta fits.

senatorsburly

Feb 4, 2013
Wouldnt mind seeing JOB brought back up, hes been burried in the minors for a while now, im sure that he would come back hungry.

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Zibby is really burning it up down in Bingo.....................NOT

1g 1a for 2 points in 3 games

senatorsburly

Feb 4, 2013
I feel bad for Mikka he was a good player for us last year when he got called up and helped us in our series win against montreal ( we might not of won game 4 if it wasnt for his controversial goal ). So can we really blame him if he coasted in the pre season games i know nothing is guranteed in the NHL but IMO he earned a roster spot by his play last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad