Free Mika

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Make him earn it. Force him to play so well in Bingo that the Sens can't not call him back up.

Even Spezza spent time in the minors, and didn't earn a permanent spot until called up during the playoffs against the Devils and showed himself to be one of the best players on the ice.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Free Gardiner was beyond silly. Good chance Z is better off in the future by spending time in the AHL. Our team is losing not because Z isn't on the team. You'll get your wish anyways as JPG is sent down if he doesn't get more ice time soon.

Spinkis

Dec 26, 2011
Seems fittingly to put it here also! (Is this a correct sentence?)
k0b6J1i.png

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
i'd rather have him in the ahl atm Guy needs to produce consistently there before being called up.I am kinda missing his size and speed though.

WhiteLight*

Mika is better than DaCosta, he's a top Sens pick. Message has been sent, time to waive DaCosta and bring up Mika. Team is better with him than without him.

Yep, the Sens need to win. Can't afford to tank (pun intended) because no 1st round pick.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
I'm totally down with the Detroit developmental philosophy. If it were up to me, and I wasn't a contender, every player would go to the AHL first and be a top player in their role before moving up.

I have no problem with what they are doing to Mika, Stone, Hoffman, etc and what they've done to Weir, Lehner, etc. It only helps in the long rum.

WhiteLight*

I'm totally down with the Detroit developmental philosophy. If it were up to me, and I wasn't a contender, every player would go to the AHL first and be a top player in their role before moving up.

I have no problem with what they are doing to Mika, Stone, Hoffman, etc and what they've done to Weir, Lehner, etc. It only helps in the long rum.

Pageau needs the AHL development more than Zib.

Zib is the type of player that will keep learning and improving if he plays in the NHL. It won't stall his development. Zibanejad is just built for the NHL: he could score 65 points in a full AHL season but score 45-50 in an NHL season. Most players score way less in the NHL than they do in the AHL.

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
Pageau needs the AHL development more than Zib.

Zib is the type of player that will keep learning and improving if he plays in the NHL. It won't stall his development. Zibanejad is just built for the NHL: he could score 65 points in a full AHL season but score 45-50 in an NHL season. Most players score way less in the NHL than they do in the AHL.

I wouldn't disagree that there are outliers in the process, and in regards to physical development, some players may be better off in a higher level, but for instances like Pageau, people got too hyped up in the short term when he wasn't even really a top line worthy player in Bingo last year.

He had an amazing playoffs, but there weren't many instances when he was the best player on the ice last year (other than said playoffs)

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
There's a difference between thrashing and tempering expectations.
It's as if you would enjoy it if Z didn't become good. No one will project a player the same way, some think he'll be a 1st liner, others think he'll be a Fisher 2.0, others less.

You yourself were guilty of such a thing of player who will be sitting out tonight on the opposing team.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
It's as if you would enjoy it if Z didn't become good. No one will project a player the same way, some think he'll be a 1st liner, others think he'll be a Fisher 2.0, others less.

You yourself were guilty of such a thing of player who will be sitting out tonight on the opposing team.

I didn't complain if he wasn't playing or if he was playing badly.

I don't want Zibanejad to fail...I'd love for him to become a star. However, people are acting like he already is one. He hasn't ever shown to be dominant and while he has the tools he's been very inconsistent in his effort levels.

He's still young but he isn't the solution to our problems and needs to really develop. Leave him and let him.play 20 minutes a night and maybe tap into that potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad