Free Mika

BigBush*

Call him up ASAP. This team needs the depth scoring he'll provide on the 3rd line more than the PKing Grant provides.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
This team has ten more days to free mika before i find bryan murray and fart right in his face.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
What are they doing not calling up Zibanejad right away?

I don't want the Sens to ruin his development like they did for Karlsson or Spezza! wtf?

Yeah...I mean the only reason was for the Da Costa experiment that's why Zibanejad was our first call-up.

Oh wait.

lol this board is so funny when you think of it. Some nights, instead of drinking, I just decide to read HF.

John Holmes*

Zibanejad did nothing to get sent down.

Da Costa will never be an nhl player. Pageau was playing with Kassian and Condra for gods sake. He still looked good at times and actually did score a goal, something more than a few guys have yet to do.

Well known Murray brown nosers can't be daft enough to think the status quo is acceptable.

Can they?

BigBush*

What are they doing not calling up Zibanejad right away?

I don't want the Sens to ruin his development like they did for Karlsson or Spezza! wtf?
Karlsson and Spezza were sent to the minors during their rookie season, not their sophomore season when they had already proven they were NHL ready (kind of like how Zib proved he was NHL ready last season).
Anyways, I'm not going to debate the issue to much as I liked the move to start Zib off in Binghamton, but I would be willing to bet a decent chunk of change he'll get the call up within the next few weeks, if not sooner

John Holmes*

We had Martin Havlat on the 4th line wen Spezza was a rookie. Much harder lineup to crack than now.

Karlsson played what...12 games in Bingo?

mianjo

Jan 16, 2009
Mika Zibanejad 5 1 3 4 2 13 2

not burning it up in the AHL #95 in AHL scoring

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
The point is not how many games they played in the AHL or when, but that Sens brass know a lot more than us when it comes to player development, they have the benefit of the doubt from me at least. I don't want Zibanejad to be a good player, I want him to be great player. It's up to him to find even more determination. Last year, they waited than Silfverberg was a ppg in Bingo to call him up. He could have been in the NHL right away, but maybe his development wouold have been slower and wouldn't have had enough value to return Bobby Ryan in a trade.

:laugh::laugh: Makes a nice break from an assignment filled weekend.

I realized I was too old to drink everyday now, so HF actually helps

:sarcasm:

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Why did we call up zibby last year? WERE LETTING ENTRY LEVEL CONTRACTS TICK AWAY IN THE MINORS!!!!!

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
relax he will be called up soon not sure for the upcoming games but soon if this ontinues

also we dont play till wed so we have time

I just hope ppl dont expect too much from him...he isnt going to turn this ship around

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
People saying that he is not even lighting things up in the AHL seem to forget that Mika plays at another level when playing against better opponents. At least that is the impression I got last season.

BigBush*

The point is not how many games they played in the AHL or when, but that Sens brass know a lot more than us when it comes to player development, they have the benefit of the doubt from me at least. I don't want Zibanejad to be a good player, I want him to be great player. It's up to him to find even more determination. Last year, they waited than Silfverberg was a ppg in Bingo to call him up. He could have been in the NHL right away, but maybe his development wouold have been slower and wouldn't have had enough value to return Bobby Ryan in a trade.

I realized I was too old to drink everyday now, so HF actually helps

:sarcasm:
What? Silf only started in the AHL because their was a lockout, and when that ended he started with the big team right away. They even brought him in in 2011 during the playoffs when his season with SEL ended.It's not that I disagree with Sens Brass on how they are developing Zib, but more feel like now would be the right time to call him up to help the team win.

Laphroaig

Aug 26, 2011
The Town Fun Forgot
A player like Zibanejad who's never been a big scorer at any level can only benefit by spending some time in the AHL. It allows him to try things against lesser competition that he might be reluctant to attempt in the NHL. It's very tough to develop an offensive game in the big leagues unless you've already had success at a lower level. Zibanejad is where he should be for now.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
A player like Zibanejad who's never been a big scorer at any level can only benefit by spending some time in the AHL. It allows him to try things against lesser competition that he might be reluctant to attempt in the NHL. It's very tough to develop an offensive game in the big leagues unless you've already had success at a lower level. Zibanejad is where he should be for now.

Stop it your making total sense :nod:

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
What? Silf only started in the AHL because their was a lockout, and when that ended he started with the big team right away. They even brought him in in 2011 during the playoffs when his season with SEL ended.It's not that I disagree with Sens Brass on how they are developing Zib, but more feel like now would be the right time to call him up to help the team win.

True, brain fart on my part, Silf wasn't the good example but you know what I was saying, there's ton of cases like that around the NHL every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad