Free Mika

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'm happy to see him get 10-20 games down in Bingo before being brought up. He'll be an even better player because of it. It'll probably be hard to keep him down there though, seems to be the team's best player.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Yeah guys, let's throw Da Costa away for nothing and bring up a player that clearly needed to be sent a message. Mika would obviously be the difference between a win or a loss playing the way he was in preseason right?

Gah.

WhiteLight*

Yeah guys, let's throw Da Costa away for nothing and bring up a player that clearly needed to be sent a message. Mika would obviously be the difference between a win or a loss playing the way he was in preseason right?

Gah.

And why do you assume he would play like that?

Wouldn't bet on it if I were you

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
I don't know if Mika will be a better hockey player because he spent more time in Bingo, but I am betting there wont be headlines in the local paper about his DJ gigs next summer. Learning to be a pro is really important, just ask Lehner.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
#freeZibanejad&Stone&Ceci&Grant&JOB

#demotePageau&DaCosta&Conacher&Condra&Corvo

:D

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Let's not put the pressure on Mika to become "the savior". He is only 20 y/o and still learning how to be a pro. He has to earn it as well, like it has been said.

Just be patient people

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I didn't complain if he wasn't playing or if he was playing badly.

I don't want Zibanejad to fail...I'd love for him to become a star. However, people are acting like he already is one. He hasn't ever shown to be dominant and while he has the tools he's been very inconsistent in his effort levels.

He's still young but he isn't the solution to our problems and needs to really develop. Leave him and let him.play 20 minutes a night and maybe tap into that potential.

Mika was our best player down the stretch last year.

He was also on pace for 40 pts over the course of a season. Even if he only improved marginally, he could be a 50 pt player.

The only players on the team I foresee cracking 40 pts are Ryan, Karlsson, Spezza, Michalek, MacArthur, Turris, Conacher and maybe Weircioch.

Why would we not want another 40-50 pt player on the roster?

Mika is one of our most dynamic players. He should be playing ASAP if we want to win.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I think having zibanejad on this team would be much better then having da costa on this team. The da costa experiment has failed. Either trade him or waive him. I mean if the sens are going to keep placing him on a line with no offensive talent plugs, then what is the point of having da costa on this team?

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Sometimes development is more important than winning a few games. He would not better the team by much and he's better served where he is. He was also never our best player for any stretch that is ridiculous.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
I think having zibanejad on this team would be much better then having da costa on this team. The da costa experiment has failed. Either trade him or waive him. I mean if the sens are going to keep placing him on a line with no offensive talent plugs, then what is the point of having da costa on this team?

Da Costa has played.......three games so far? And he's had new linemates almost each time. How has he failed so badly?

It's not about having one or the other man. We can keep Da Costa around and allow Mika to work on his game a bit more in the minors until it's clear someone with the big club is failing or injured. Stop being so short-sighted.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Da Costa has played.......three games so far? And he's had new linemates almost each time. How has he failed so badly?

It's not about having one or the other man. We can keep Da Costa around and allow Mika to work on his game a bit more in the minors until it's clear someone with the big club is failing or injured. Stop being so short-sighted.

I am not short sighted. I just think don't think da costa is that good.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
How has the Da Costa experiment failed anyway? In what way has he played badly? Zibanejad went for long stretches without scoring and looked terrible at times last year yet people rave about him. SDC has played what...4 games?

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Sometimes development is more important than winning a few games. He would not better the team by much and he's better served where he is. He was also never our best player for any stretch that is ridiculous.

You have a self admitted blatant bias against Mika.

He was easily one of our best players heading into playoffs, and I am far from the only one to say it.

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
How has the Da Costa experiment failed anyway? In what way has he played badly? Zibanejad went for long stretches without scoring and looked terrible at times last year yet people rave about him. SDC has played what...4 games?

He's actually almost at 40 games played in the NHL, with a total of 7pts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad