Free Mika

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Zibby is really burning it up down in Bingo.....................NOT

1g 1a for 2 points in 3 games

Seriously.

"WHY IS ZIBBY STILL IN BINGO!?!!?!?!?!"

It's been 3 games, and it's not like he's forcing their hands. He's played well, but not extraordinary. It's crazy how impatient people are with this. He's 20 years old and he needs to be an impact player for us -- let him grow.

WhiteLight*

Like I said, Zib isn't the type who will completely tear it up at lower levels. He's tailor made for the NHL though, his production won't drop off that much.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
#FreeMika

I want to see JGP and Mika on a line together. I don't care which one plays C, but we need an injection of speed and offense in our bottom 6.

Senatorian

Oct 4, 2013
Canada
I feel the only way Zibby is coming up is if he scores hattys in every game - shows that he's on another level...

but seriously... he should be down there...it's good for him

burf

Mar 27, 2012
Zibanejad is also averaging a respectable 4 SOG per game, meaning that even though he's "only" got 1g1a in 3 games, he's still getting a decent amount of chances.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Mika is not the answer. We need a center who wins draws, unless Pageau improves considerably.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Like I said, Zib isn't the type who will completely tear it up at lower levels. He's tailor made for the NHL though, his production won't drop off that much.

I dont understand how he would be worse against ahl competition over NHL competition. Guy has never torn up any level he's played at to my knowledge. Expectations are over the top.

WhiteLight*

I dont understand how he would be worse against ahl competition over NHL competition. Guy has never torn up any level he's played at to my knowledge. Expectations are over the top.

He isn't worse, he just wouldn't dominate. Zib is not the type to dominate lower leagues like the AHL or SEL. Despite that he is still a very effective NHLer.

Look at Wiercioch. Never dominated the AHL offensively, not even close. But gets to the NHL and puts up very good numbers.

Andre Benoit (let's not count this year ;)) was much better offensively than Wiercioch in the AHL but when they both got to the NHL, Wiercioch was clearly better.

Some guys are built to play in the bigs, some aren't. Zibanejad is.

Zibanejad can compete in the NHL right now obviously, and can continue to grow against this kind of competition. I think it's the best place for his development. Whereas a guy like Pageau could benefit from more AHL prime time development minutes to keep growing his game both offensively and defensively.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Put me down as someone who's never wanted SDC in the NHL over Zibby. Dumb move was dumb move.

lol you guys STILL don't understand it was Pageau over Zibanejad?

Da Costa is waivers eligible of course the Sens are going to protect their assets

Da Costa is our 12th/13th forward with Kassian... Do you REALLY thing the Sens would want Zibanejad to play that role?

Sens brass thought Zibanejad needed some AHL time for his development. Most of you guys weren't even born and they were already managing NHL players. For Christ's sake, just realize that one sec.

This is long overdue, upsetting it even happened in the first place.

Gosh, is this real life?

You guys will never cease to flabbergast me, lolz

Why are you being sarcastic? Its true.

Gosh, I hope... Mika was a 6th overall pick.

Seriously.

"WHY IS ZIBBY STILL IN BINGO!?!!?!?!?!"

It's been 3 games, and it's not like he's forcing their hands. He's played well, but not extraordinary. It's crazy how impatient people are. He's 20 years old and he needs to be an impact player for us -- let him grow.

Fixed

Last edited:

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
He isn't worse, he just wouldn't dominate. Zib is not the type to dominate lower leagues like the AHL or SEL. Despite that he is still a very effective NHLer.

Look at Wiercioch. Never dominated the AHL offensively, not even close. But gets to the NHL and puts up very good numbers.

Andre Benoit (let's not count this year ;)) was much better offensively than Wiercioch in the AHL but when they both got to the NHL, Wiercioch was clearly better.

Some guys are built to play in the bigs, some aren't. Zibanejad is.

Zibanejad can compete in the NHL right now obviously, and can continue to grow against this kind of competition. I think it's the best place for his development. Whereas a guy like Pageau could benefit from more AHL prime time development minutes to keep growing his game both offensively and defensively.

So he could suck for ages in the minors but you'd still think he'd be a stud with the big club?

Come on, kid needs to show he wants it. Just giving him a free shot at the NHL because he was picked high in the first round and showed signs of improving isn't enough. He'll get his shot, but not without any extra effort on his part. That's what Murray/Mac want to see.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
for zibby and ottawa's long term future i hope zibby is not required right away.

WhiteLight*

So he could suck for ages in the minors but you'd still think he'd be a stud with the big club?

Come on, kid needs to show he wants it. Just giving him a free shot at the NHL because he was picked high in the first round and showed signs of improving isn't enough. He'll get his shot, but not without any extra effort on his part. That's what Murray/Mac want to see.

That's not what I said at all.

He should play because he is good enough, he helps the team, and NHL competition is better for his development imo

senatorsburly

Feb 4, 2013
That's not what I said at all.
He should play because he is good enough, he helps the team, and NHL competition is better for his development imo

This, Zibanejad was a stud in the playoffs last year, he played nearly all last season up with the big boys and more then held his own imo.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary

This right here is what we call hyperbole. It is generally used by people who's arguments are unsubstantiated. So what you're telling me, is that you're picking at straws right now and not really explaining anything worth while, or even true for that matter. The evidence shows Zibanejad was a contributing member of the Senators last season. The only reason he was sent down was for the DaCosta experiment. DaCosta proved that he will likely never be in the NHL, where as Zibanejad belongs here.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
This right here is what we call hyperbole. It is generally used by people who's arguments are unsubstantiated. So what you're telling me, is that you're picking at straws right now and not really explaining anything worth while, or even true for that matter. The evidence shows Zibanejad was a contributing member of the Senators last season. The only reason he was sent down was for the DaCosta experiment. DaCosta proved that he will likely never be in the NHL, where as Zibanejad belongs here.

He was sent down because he wasn't hungry enough, and wasn't playing well enough in training camp. Try listening to what Murray says about why he did it, instead of making stuff up.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Yeah...I mean the only reason was for the Da Costa experiment that's why Zibanejad was our first call-up.

Oh wait.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
He was sent down because he wasn't hungry enough, and wasn't playing well enough in training camp. Try listening to what Murray says about why he did it, instead of making stuff up.

I did listen to Murray and MacLean. They also did it because of DaCosta.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Yeah...I mean the only reason was for the Da Costa experiment that's why Zibanejad was our first call-up.

Oh wait.

2 assist tonight in the A. Guy plays well enough to be here but don't care that he's not he just comes up big tbh.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
2 assist tonight in the A. Guy plays well enough to be here but don't care that he's not he just comes up big tbh.

Da Costa just put up 2 assists after travelling all day. Wideman had 3 assists. Nobody is saying he couldn't play in the NHL.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

Oh wait.

I don't think they really have a numbered list of call ups. They have about 7-8 guys they feel can play and they'll call guys up based on need. I also think they want this stint for Mika to be longer than just a few games and not have to yo yo him between leagues.

(he also probably needs to spend time away from his damn girl friend)

John Holmes*

There was no talk of Zibanejad having a bad camp, or being in danger of losin his spot until the decision to send him down was made.

It wasn't him or Pageau.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->