Free Mika

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
Career fights (I am not including preseasons)

Neil = 145 (he is slowing down how much he fights the older he gets.
Smith = 23, not dropping the gloves as much as he used to.
Cowen = 5.
Methot = 5. He is not a fighter.
Greening = 5. Only fights if he gets pissed off.
Gryba = 0 fights in the NHL. Not a fighter.
Phillips = 7 in his entire career. Not a fighter.

I didn't say they were fighters, I said they would fight if needed.

The only reason Kassian is dressed is to keep others in line. But if he's only playing 5 minutes a night, chances are he isn't on the ice when something happens.

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
This is hilarious. Keep posting and you think it will Free Mika. The only person who might read these is Eugene and I can guarantee he isn't making the decision to have sent him down. Mika's there for a reason. They want him to mature and bring his ego back down to the real world. It isn't money. It's a life lesson. It has nothing to do with hockey. It's life outside hockey.

Secondly I think if Kassian is on the team he needs to play or there is no sense having him. Play him against 4th lines and he won't get walked on. He actually skates fairly well albeit his turns are a tad slow.

Source this, please.

Hammertyme

Jun 20, 2006
Gatineau/Ottawa
Source this, please.

LOL! This is an opinion based board and very few have any reliable source other than another blogger who is ************ his way as well.
I guess there isn't a single person who has played major junior hockey or above on this thread. ITS ALL OPINION and blind speculation and usually very biased.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Too many nice guys on the team, they could really use a guy who plays on the edge with a little nastiness to liven things up.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012
Too many nice guys on the team, they could really use a guy who plays on the edge with a little nastiness to liven things up.

I totally agree with this, it's not a size issue it's a compete issue. I was actually glad to see Karlsson break his stick over the net at the end of last game, I was starting to question if he was taking things seriously enough. When Conacher goes ballistic half this board gets out of shape and want him to calm down, .... that I wish a few more players showed that type of compete level !!! Time to get nasty boys !!!

benjiv1

Mar 8, 2010
Ottawa
I totally agree with this, it's not a size issue it's a compete issue. I was actually glad to see Karlsson break his stick over the net at the end of last game, I was starting to question if he was taking things seriously enough. When Conacher goes ballistic half this board gets out of shape and want him to calm down, .... that I wish a few more players showed that type of compete level !!! Time to get nasty boys !!!

We should have traded for Clutterbuck when we had the chance.

We have a good trade history with the Isles, maybe Murray can convince them to give him Cal up.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

Let's not get carried away here, we can't be seen to be agreeing :naughty: ... so let me just say I also think sending Da Costa to Bingo was the right move & PM now needs to send Pageau to Bingo & bring up Zibanejad. I prefer Grant & Zibanejad at centre on our bottom two lines rather than Pageau & Da Costa. Then put Condra on the bench & replace him with Robinson to add a lot more size & hopefully compete level to that 4th line. Still a size issue for me as well. There that will give you something to disagree with & we can get back to normal around here. ;)

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
Let's not get carried away here, we can't be seen to be agreeing :naughty: ... so let me just say I also think sending Da Costa to Bingo was the right move & PM now needs to send Pageau to Bingo & bring up Zibanejad. I prefer Grant & Zibanejad at centre on our bottom two lines rather than Pageau & Da Costa. Then put Condra on the bench & replace him with Robinson to add a lot more size & hopefully compete level to that 4th line. Still a size issue for me as well. There that will give you something to disagree with & we can get back to normal around here. ;)

Completely disagree.

Indrew

Feb 6, 2007
I would like to see Condra and Pageau on wing with Grant or even Zibanejad. I do agree that size up the middle is important. I love a good speedy winger though. Condra only gets benched because of fatigue... it's tiring being so awesome all the time.

Tampacuseforever

Nov 3, 2012

You just had to go off the deep end again didn't you :facepalm:

Hossa18

Jan 20, 2008
I liked konopka more since he actually won faceoffs, I think he's 70% in Minnesota. Kassian is fine if he sits in the pressbox more then he dresses and is used as a fill in for when we need it. I think most is the time we don't need it though

Kassian is only needed for Toronto, Boston, and Philadelphia and that is it. We have enough tough guys on the team like Neil, Smith, Greening, and Cowen that could drop the gloves if need be against other teams. Not sure why Maclean dresses someone only to play him for 3 minutes. Everyone says to bring up Zibanejad but, what is he going to do with Kassian on his wing and only playing a few minutes a game.

moz

Gute Post
Oct 30, 2006
Ottawa
LOL! This is an opinion based board and very few have any reliable source other than another blogger who is ************ his way as well.
I guess there isn't a single person who has played major junior hockey or above on this thread. ITS ALL OPINION and blind speculation and usually very biased.

So your opinion is that Zibanejad has a large ego and needs to straighten up his life outside of hockey. Based on what?

Paulinho

No Man's Sky
Jun 8, 2003
Earth
We should have traded for Clutterbuck when we had the chance.

We have a good trade history with the Isles, maybe Murray can convince them to give him Cal up.

Sure we can do that, and free Mika at the same time! Just give him to us for Cal. :)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
So your opinion is that Zibanejad has a large ego and needs to straighten up his life outside of hockey. Based on what?

From what I've seen I don't think Zibanejad has a big ego I just think he doesn't have a very big "give a ****" meter. He always seems very laid back and just looking to have fun. It shows on the ice sometimes which kind of sucks as his game lacks the urgency that could make him into a star. Could just be an age thing so here's hoping to that breakout.

John Holmes*

So in other words...lets look for a disease that matches the symptoms.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
Jeremy Milks ‏@BlackAcesOtt 13m
A little bird just told me there might be some good news on Zibanejad today. #Sens

really hope this means he is being called up

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
really hope this means he is being called up

I trust management either way. If they feel he's best developing in the NHL then so be it. I just hope he shows the drive and urgency that could really make use of his tools and consistency.

Good for him if true (and Ottawa).

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
2333540_o.gif

He's one point behind two-way force Sean Couturier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad