GDT: Free Agent Frenzy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
Gotta wonder if we are actually in it or just the obvious connection due to the 1st. I think everybody would love EK, but seeing them trade him elsewhere, crippling their team and us still having that 1st is almost better.
Please not Edmonton though :laugh:

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Gotta wonder if we are actually in it or just the obvious connection due to the 1st. I think everybody would love EK, but seeing them trade him elsewhere, crippling their team and us still having that 1st is almost better.

*cough cough win-win situation

Avs44

May 16, 2011
Don't think we'll get Karlsson. I think Ottawa will want a king's ransom from us, and I just don't get the feeling Sakic will go all in on this one to close it out. Vegas is the name that has been brought up constantly by every insider as the front runner...in the end, I think that's where he'll end up.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
Don't think we'll get Karlsson. I think Ottawa will want a king's ransom from us, and I just don't get the feeling Sakic will go all in on this one to close it out. Vegas is the name that has been brought up constantly by every insider as the front runner...in the end, I think that's where he'll end up.

For that reason alone it almost seems like EK won't end up there.

My money is on Tampa in this.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
I am not trying to poop on Makar all the time, but he had less points than Hughes did in the NCAA and is a full year older. I think realistically unless he blows the NCAA away this year there is a better chance he tops out at Barrie than Karlsson.

And can a team really beat a base of Avs 1st + Makar for Karlsson and Ryan? I would not include Sens First + Makar but I would include either of them in a trade.

With Tavares to leafs I can see Tampa trying really hard for him but I think Dorion would insist on Sergachev and I don't know if Tampa would do that, and they definitely cannot take Ryan anymore. Maybe something like 1st + Gourde + Foote gets it done?

And if that happens I would be a nice guy and offer to take Stone and Ryan for dirt cheap haha

Last edited:

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Didn’t see this posted anywhere. Best of luck to him. I really do hope he kills it over there. Hate he wasn’t quite good enough to stick here.

Edit: Didn’t look at the time stamp, several hours old. Probably just didn’t look back far enough.

Sea Eagles

Feb 7, 2012
Why do we need another D, with Makar, Girard, Barberio, Nemeth, Cole, Timmins, Zadorov, Johnson, Barrie all here now or soon?

Why would you give up assets for Karlsson?

We need a second line. Wait until Kaut comes along, Jost develops, and let's acquire a left winger through free agency.

Keep Ottawa's pick, and hopefully get a 1st overall.

Reactions: LTC Pain

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Why do we need another D, with Makar, Girard, Barberio, Nemeth, Cole, Timmins, Zadorov, Johnson, Barrie all here now or soon?

Why would you give up assets for Karlsson?

We need a second line. Wait until Kaut comes along, Jost develops, and let's acquire a left winger through free agency.

Keep Ottawa's pick, and hopefully get a 1st overall.

Karlsson isn't just another D, he's THE D.

Reactions: klozge

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
I think people need to really consider the possibility of the Sens doing notably better next year and that 1st losing a lot of value

Yes, they’re gonna get worse without Karlsson, but without their 1st they’ll do everything they can to be respectable next year. And even with their losses, they are unlikely to be worst in the league unless none of their misfortune rebounds

The pick gains value by returning to them, making it probably the most valuable asset they can get in a trade now

Ask yourselves this. Would you prefer having Karlsson/Stone or 10th overall next year?

I’m just saying this because people salivate at Hughes or a top 5, when it seems a good chance it won’t be near that good so long as we keep it

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You go after Karlsson because near generational level defensemen in their primes rarely come available. For years the Avs have needed a true #1D, and he would solve that for 6-9 years. Right in the midst of MacK and Rantanen's primes. The team would be setup nicely in the major spots to contend. After Karlsson, you find a way to solve the #2C issue and I think the team would be in the top 3-4 in the Western Conference next season.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think people need to really consider the possibility of the Sens doing notably better next year and that 1st losing a lot of value

Yes, they’re gonna get worse without Karlsson, but without their 1st they’ll do everything they can to be respectable next year. And even with their losses, they are unlikely to be worst in the league unless none of their misfortune rebounds

The pick gains value by returning to them, making it probably the most valuable asset they can get in a trade now

Ask yourselves this. Would you prefer having Karlsson/Stone or 10th overall next year?

I’m just saying this because people salivate at Hughes or a top 5, when it seems a good chance it won’t be near that good so long as we keep it

Buuuut if the Sens trade EK for all futures that picks value goes waaaaayyy up. There’s a huge difference between OTT with EK and OTT without him. Ek on his own can make them a playoff team, the sens without him are one of the worst teams in the league. So it really depends on what happens with Karlsson. If he stays that pick could be anywhere from 1-18 or so. If he goes I don’t see any way it isn’t a top 10 pick.

lonelybadger

Feb 22, 2013
Toronto
Look how Chara and Burns are doing, and they are OLD and not on the same level as Karlsson.

If Sens 1st + Barrie gets it done count me in. Apologize to Barrie every step of the way but he would be flipped to Vegas or Edmonton anyway.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
You go after Karlsson because near generational level defensemen in their primes rarely come available. For years the Avs have needed a true #1D, and he would solve that for 6-9 years. Right in the midst of MacK and Rantanen's primes. The team would be setup nicely in the major spots to contend. After Karlsson, you find a way to solve the #2C issue and I think the team would be in the top 3-4 in the Western Conference next season.

Hench, given that what would you be willing to add to their first rounder to get Karlsson.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Buuuut if the Sens trade EK for all futures that picks value goes waaaaayyy up. There’s a huge difference between OTT with EK and OTT without him. Ek on his own can make them a playoff team, the sens without him are one of the worst teams in the league. So it really depends on what happens with Karlsson. If he stays that pick could be anywhere from 1-18 or so. If he goes I don’t see any way it isn’t a top 10 pick.
I have a hard time seeing them trade for all futures unless they can get their 1st back. That’s the problem. Everything I’ve seen from indicates a strong desire to stay as competitive as possible since no 1st blocks off the rebuild option this season.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Look how Chara and Burns are doing, and they are OLD and not on the same level as Karlsson.

If Sens 1st + Barrie gets it done count me in. Apologize to Barrie every step of the way but he would be flipped to Vegas or Edmonton anyway.

How old do you think Burns is? How the hell is he being compared to Chara?

Reactions: dahrougem2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad