GDT: Free Agent Frenzy III: Freer and Frenzier

Status
Not open for further replies.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Good job Bergevin for having some balls but I feel like this is an auto match for Carolina and will screw us from being able to make any other moves. If this doesn't work out MB needs to be fired, that's part of the game.

Reactions: Miller Time

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
There is no way Carolina doesn’t match… no way, they can’t settle for the three picks.

habsfan891

Jun 24, 2012
Nova Scotia
Im with the group thats thinking molson and MB have inside information about the canes owner not being willing to match that high of a bonus people are overlooking the fact that Aho had to agree to this deal if he agreed to such a reasonable cap hit how badly were the canes trying to underpay him and why were they

Reactions: blarneylad

Habano

Allez les Bleus, (Blancs, Rouges)
May 18, 2012
I believe this offer is hiding something bigger. Not a trade or a signing. I believe someone is trying to put an owner of a welfare franchise on the spot..

It wouldn't be far fetched to think that Montreal already has a side deal with Caro to give them another first round pick for a scrub to relieve them of some cash restraints. Then again, I'm a conspiracy theorist :D

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
I believe this offer is hiding something bigger. Not a trade or a signing. I believe someone is trying to put an owner of a welfare franchise on the spot..
But if it don’t work the habs didn’t improve at all
Same team on the ice. They won’t make the playoffs.
Couldn’t give a rats ass about Dundon. I want the Hans to win
Offer was too low

Reactions: KotkaSpicy

Murky

Jan 28, 2006
Yes but they still have to pay the 22 million dollars though.
The owner is a billionaire that has poured millions in investments in the arena in the last year alone.

People thinking Canes will have trouble with the bonuses live in the past. They don't. They will match 100%.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Correct, which I pointed out in my post. But if you're willing to go that distance might as well go all-in (Which 10.5 isn't even that really, as I think he's worth the 11M + four late 1sts.)
I think that maybe they stayed lower with the hope that the player actually would be willing to come to Montreal for that salary. The bonus structure is the key and the kid will only be 26 years old at the end of the contract and just entering his ufa age. It's a huge offer.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Going 7 years - 73m, how big would have been that up front cash? Much bigger right? yeah...That's what being a lion means. We are always acting too small.

Then you’re giving up four 1sts

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Good job Bergevin for having some balls but I feel like this is an auto match for Carolina and will screw us from being able to make any other moves. If this doesn't work out MB needs to be fired, that's part of the game.
I believe this to be a Molson move to a a cash-strapped owner.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The dude on Habs 690 is such a dick. I'm thinking it's Simon.

Making fun of the fanbase not wanting to give up Ryan, Nick, and a 1st for Aho. That's not an easy trade to make. Not saying I wouldn't do it, but I wouldn't chirp fans who were against it either.

I want Aho as much as the next person.

But... I'm also in reality and see no way MB pulls this off reasonably.

He's a tool... Very annoying to listen to & rarely says anything remotely insightful or interesting.

I'd be less inclined to move Ryan, Nick & 1st than giving up 4x1st via offer sheet... Both Ryan & Nick have upped their value since being drafted & look well on track to being at least good NHLers... Scherbak & McCarron & Beaulieu et are just as likely outcomes of our next few first round picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad