GDT: Free Agent Frenzy III: Freer and Frenzier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
According to CapFriendly they currently have 20 players signed with 10.7m of cap left + Hortons 5.3m LTIR so they still have a bit of space left for Marner + a D. Not sure what else they can move out to create cap space but it's not impossible to add Gardiner IMO.

They need another body at ~1M and Marner wants 10+ so that leaves less than 5M for Gardiner. If he's willing to settle for that we should be all over him.

c3z4r

Jul 4, 2011
in the world
According to CapFriendly they currently have 20 players signed with 10.7m of cap left + Hortons 5.3m LTIR so they still have a bit of space left for Marner + a D. Not sure what else they can move out to create cap space but it's not impossible to add Gardiner IMO.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the LTIR cap space only becomes "active" once the season has started so they have to be cap compliant with the 5.3M before the start of the season

Reactions: Rockomax

SOLR

Jun 4, 2006
Toronto / North York
Canes on Aho: They can't match 60m+ in signing bonus, that's 3 years of receipt now. But if you go for 10m+ for Aho, why not go for 12m+ for Laine/Tkachuck? I suspect Calgary can match heavy front loading, but Winnipeg?

Reactions: Andrei79

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Canes on Aho: They can't match 60m+ in signing bonus, that's 3 years of receipt now. But if you go for 10m+ for Aho, why not go for 12m+ for Laine/Tkachuck?

because that takes balls and vision, things this organization lacks.

Reactions: NoQuinn

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bleu, blanc, rouge!

giphy.gif

Dominator13

Feb 20, 2003
hockey city
Dominator13
Who cares.

Go for the big fish, Poehling should not be a non-starter.
Yeah...

I'm glad you're not an NHL GM if that's your thinking.

If the Habs trade Poehling ++ for Aho, so be it, but that man is our top prospect of a very deep pool. Where were you last week when he was toying around with players his age?

I badly want Aho too fyi, that's doesn't mean the cost shouldn't be discussed, especially for a team like the Habs that's not a cup contender yet.

Everyone but you cares.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad