Speculation: Free agent frenzy day- Who do we sign?

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Cant imagine this is the last time we see Vrbata. He'll be back and I am afraid he is going to fall on his face in Vancouver.

I get it, he going to play with the sedins. well he also split time with vinny L in his prime and marty st louis.

I guess time will tell.

Time for a trade.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Cant imagine this is the last time we see Vrbata. He'll be back and I am afraid he is going to fall on his face in Vancouver.

I get it, he going to play with the sedins. well he also split time with vinny L in his prime and marty st louis.

I guess time will tell.

Time for a trade.

I don't think he will be back. And I don't think he will be an adequate replacement for Kesler.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Dream: Complete flop in Vancouver, Coyotes take him back with Van taking 50% of his salary. Make it happen hockey gods.

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
I still think Yandle is our future captain. He's not going anywhere.

Talking to you, Don!

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
http://msn.foxsports.com/arizona/st...om-coyotes-with-2-year-10-million-deal-070214

Maloney was willing to give Vrbata a modified clause, but not the whole enchilada.

"Once you open the door for one person, then everyone from there on in is looking for it," Maloney said.

I agree with Maloney 100% on this. Complete NMCs should go to the top stars only. It handcuffs the organization if you have a bunch of guys with these. DM offered Vrbata what he was worth. He got overpaid and took it. I wish him the best. Now let's make a trade and give our young guys some actual development and a real shot.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
His contract will still have a NMC. Apparently Don doesn't like those.

Read up again.....

He got a limited NTC from Vancouver. Not an NMC.

Vrbata was willing to stay in Arizona for a longer term (4 years from the look of it) and less money ($3-4M)... but in return he more than likely wanted a full NTC and/or NMC to go along with it. Maloney offered a limited NMC and that apparently ended up being the deal breaker.

Vrbata was reportedly offered even more money than what Vancouver will pay him the next two season but he turned those down.

So those who are saying he purely chased the money are being narrow minded. Those who are blaming Don Maloney for not opening up Fort Knox and caving into every demand are also just as narrow minded.

Vrby was looking for the best overall package and situation he could live with and it ended up being Vancouver.... not us.

Time to get over it and move on.

turkulad

Sep 27, 2011
Turku, Finland
As an outsider who's really eager to see both Juha-Matti Aaltonen and Petri Kontiola in the NHL.. maybe you could give both them a chance? Would create an all-Finnish line too with all roles covered (Grinder-Playmaker-Goal scorer):

Gagner-Hanzal-Erat
Doan-Vermette-Boedker
Korpikoski-Kontiola-Aaltonen
McMillan-Vitale-Crombeen
Szwarz

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Life long young Coyotes that are a premier PMD, and Big C, will get more years, more money, and a better NMC provision, then a 33 year old winger that left for more money once, didn't work out, came back and had a good 3 years, then left for the highest bidder. Yandle and Hanzal will be thinking about how well Doan has been treated not Verby's treatment.

Exactly!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
As an outsider who's really eager to see both Juha-Matti Aaltonen and Petri Kontiola in the NHL.. maybe you could give both them a chance? Would create an all-Finnish line too with all roles covered (Grinder-Playmaker-Goal scorer):

Gagner-Hanzal-Erat
Doan-Vermette-Boedker
Korpikoski-Kontiola-Aaltonen
McMillan-Vitale-Crombeen
Szwarz

I don't know much of anything about Aaltonen or Kontiola but I do love the idea of an all-Finnish line. Problem is that Kontiola just got signed by the Leafs.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Sigh.

Hey, mods, maybe we just make a sticky thread dedicated to people who want Don Maloney fired. Sound good?

At what point did I mention firing Maloney?

Perhaps it's your lack of comprehension that has you in Maloney's corner?

Again, what I said about GMDM is that he's lost his flip'n mind - for him perhaps a lobotomy.

Last edited:

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I wonder if Maloney still has bitterness toward Winnik. Top ten in the NHL among forwards in PK mins per game. Ducks had a good PK. He can pot 30pts. Isn't old and should be cheap.

Doan-Gagner-Erat
Domi-Vermette-Boedker
Winnik-Hanzal-Korpikoski
McMillan-Vitale-Crombeen
Szwarz

I always liked Winnik and honestly, that line with Hanzal, Korps and he could be very interesting.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
Yeah. This was stupid. Maloney should have given in at that last but with the NMC. It looks like it was less than 4per. At that rate, let him have the damn NMC

Domi-Hanzal-Vrbata
Doan-Vermette-Boeds
Korpikoski-Gagner-Erat
McMillan-Vitale-Crombeen
Szwarz

...yeah, that would've worked. Should've done that.

Agreed, don't understand mule headed moves like this. It's like he wants to deplete our talent up front, when we obviously need it increased.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona
I wonder how cheap Ott would be. He'd really come in handy when Hanzal is injured.

Sign Ott for 2yrs 6mil (if we're incredibly lucky, and he's desperate)

Trade Klinkhammer for Moen. Waive Schlemko. Buy out Chipchura.

Doan-Gagner-Erat
Domi-Vermette-Boeds
Ott-Hanzal-Korpikoski
Moen-Vitale-Crombeen
McMillan, Szwarz

He's about all that's left at the center position, that is a fit. Never liked him much myself and there's most likely a reason he's been with so many organizations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad