GDT: Free Agent "Frenzy": Day 2 and Beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
To be honest I'm really surprised he actually got that much ($8 mil). But i guess Buffalo had cap space and it's only one year. I would guess other teams were significantly below that and Hall's narrative of wanting to go to a contender flipped because 5-6 mil is just way too much less.
Buffalo basically either paid extra for Hall to carry them to the playoffs or paid extra for the 1st round pick + that they’ll get in return at the trade deadline. Smart move by their GM.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Hall signing for 8 million in a flat cap world after supposedly wanting to play for a contender to win is priceless.

Priceless in that he is all about the money.

Can't believe anyone thinks Hall is anything but all about the money.

He literally picked a team that is in the third quarter of their own decade of darkness.

In the current environment Hall is worth 5 mill max to a contender. Wingers don't win cups. It's the dead last thing a contender needs. The cap is far too tight to drop more than 5 mill for any good team.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Hall signing for 8 million in a flat cap world after supposedly wanting to play for a contender to win is priceless.

He literally picked a team that is in the third quarter of their own decade of darkness.

In the current environment Hall is worth 5 mill max to a contender. Wingers don't win cups. It's the dead last thing a contender needs. The cap is far too tight to drop more than 5 mill for any good team.
Patrick Kane? Ovechkin?

Reactions: nabob

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Hey guys, remember when Calgary was going to trade Gaudreau and sign Hall to replace him this offseason?

a47.jpg

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
It's funny that Free McDavid (Canucks fan) was ragging the Oilers on the main board for OEL not wanting to go to Edmonton and whooping it up about how attractive Vancouver is to FAs ... and then Barrie turns down Vancouver for Edmonton and the OEL deal falls apart, lol.
I love it
I use to live in Vancouver in the 90’s and I have been to both arenas they have. You want a fan base that don’t know anything about hockey and are about as interesting as watching church shows on Sunday, move to Vancouver. If they ever win, they will finish burning down the city.
Now Edmonton, they know their shit. I worked in Edmonton in 2006 and I went to every party down town after each win. I got to see hundreds of free shows of ta tas. I’m still hungover from the run in 06 but it was a blast

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010

You realize he can be traded to a contender, right?

He wouldn't be the first player to have a little handshake deal in place, where if the team is "X" amount of points outside of a playoff spot come deadline he gets to choose where he lands. Then you get the benefit of the money and playing for a contender, this one year deal doesn't lock him in to playing for a loser the whole season.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
If Buffalo sucks, Hall gets traded at the deadline and there’s no commitment to Buffalo’s continued suckage with a long-term deal. Knowing that Hall is a UFA next summer, teams interested in him will have some ability to plan for that next season and give him long-term if they wish. I didn’t see this coming, but it kinda does make sense.

Reactions: nabob

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
You realize he can be traded to a contender, right?

He wouldn't be the first player to have a little handshake deal in place, where if the team is "X" amount of points outside of a playoff spot come deadline he gets to choose where he lands. Then you get the benefit of the money and playing for a contender, this one year deal doesn't lock him in to playing for a loser the whole season.
Yep. Not sure how anyone wouldn’t see that. It basically guarantees that Hall will be on a playoff team.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
If Buffalo sucks, Hall gets traded at the deadline and there’s no commitment to Buffalo’s continued suckage with a long-term deal. Knowing that Hall is a UFA next summer, teams interested in him will have some ability to plan for that next season and give him long-term if they wish. I didn’t see this coming, but it kinda does make sense.
If anything they got another first round plus good asset for this signing if the team sucks again.

good move by Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad