Draisaitl McDavid Kassian
Neal RNH Chiasson
Khaira Sheahan Archibald
Nygard Hass Granlund

Klefbom Persson
Nurse Bear
Russell Benning

Smith

Larsson injured his leg in the first game of the season. Most of it is internal improvement (Yamamoto, Jones, Bear), but we are definitely better now. Who knows maybe in a few months Klefbom's shoulder will feel better again if he opts for no surgery too.

There are great stories every year, that's why sports (and hockey specifically) are awesome!

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
Haha it’s obvious who ones are acting like their girlfriend just dumped them. You could probably go to CP and see them posted there and them laughing at how pathetic some Oiler fans are acting.

not acting dumb but is CP the Calgary board?

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
There are great stories every year, that's why sports (and hockey specifically) are awesome!

Have to give Holland credit ... he turned a tire fire into a team that has 3 lines that are at least a threat to score + added a badly needed offensive RD. Now granted he got some good fortune in Yamamoto and Bear and Jones, but it's about time our pipeline started helping the roster out.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
Fun reminder this was Oilers roster as of game 2 of the season

Draisaitl McDavid Kassian
Neal RNH Chiasson
Khaira Sheahan Archibald
Nygard Hass Granlund

Klefbom Persson
Nurse Bear
Russell Benning

Smith

Larsson injured his leg in the first game of the season. Most of it is internal improvement (Yamamoto, Jones, Bear), but we are definitely better now. Who knows maybe in a few months Klefbom's shoulder will feel better again if he opts for no surgery too.

I have to agree. Last year, I had zero faith in the team as it was constructed (although I liked Smith more then than I do now).

Yamo, Jones and Bear all significantly improved, Barrie was a coup, and if Turris plays well, he’s a big upgrade.

If even one of our prospects steps up this year (Bouchard, Broberg, Lavoie, McLeod), the Oil should be a near lock for the playoffs.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I really like the idea of leveraging our cap room on day 1 of the season.

Negotiate a deal with a team that wants to shed salary. Execute it the moment you are allowed to put Klef on season LTIR.

Cost cutting team saves money, Oilers get (probably) a McWinger. Rakell please.

Oilers in NS

Oct 11, 2017
It's their safe space, Calgary Puck. Apparently most of their posters are too afraid to venture out of it and post on HF.
Gotcha, thx

not to many Flames fans in these parts. I think I know 3 and are not proud of it. They don’t even wear the colors. Now Oiler fans, there are actually a pile of Oiler fans around these parts. U guys out there would be proud

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Gotcha, thx

not to many Flames fans in these parts. I think I know 3 and are not proud of it. They don’t even wear the colors. Now Oiler fans, there are actually a pile of Oiler fans around these parts. U guys out there would be proud
It’s awesome how many people from NS are Oil fans! I’ve got quite a few friends out there/from there who are Oiler fans! Good People!!

North

Jun 25, 2009
People shit talk Buffalo but they’re building towards being a very good team, even without Hall. They already have a franchise C and D, a young, mobile defence and some good prospects coming up. They’re weakness last season was their team defence and goaltending. They could surprise people next season.

How is their team d better?

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
I wonder if Athanasiou is feeling like his agent and him might have misread the market. Not sure what he’ll get, but I’m sure Kenny must’ve offered him something around what his contract was last year. It’ll be interesting to see what he signs for.

AA will probably have to sign for a lot less than anticipated....so many other names (Hoffman, Toffoli, Dadonov, Strome, Duclair, Galychenyuk
still unsigned so the longer everyone waits it might be a price war to the bottom.

Reactions: Markham30

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
I don't mind Holland playing the waiting game now....so many other names (Hoffman, Toffoli, Haula, Dadonov, Strome, Duclair, Galychenyuk, Hamonic)
still unsigned so the longer everyone waits it might be a price war to the bottom.....hopefully, the longer the process drags on the higher the chance we can snatch a useful player for 50 cents on the dollar at the 11th hour......

CanmoreMike

Feb 27, 2002
#YEG
Unfortunately for Hall, the current situation kind of hooped him.

Kudos to him for getting 8 mil, but next offseason I see zero chance of him getting more than a 5 year deal at 30 with his injury history and playing style.

Before the lockdown, he would have been looking at a 7 year (possibly 8 year if a team were willing to trade for his rights) deal at the same rate.

My guess is that COVID is going to cost him at least $10 mil in career earnings.

One of two things will have to happen for GMs to think of him seriously:

Hall will have to play inspired hockey and lift Sabres into the playoffs.

Or

Hall will have to end up on playoff team and be an absolute beast in the playoffs.

Technically he could inspire much better hockey in Buffalo and still get traded to a contender where he goes into beast mode.

If Sabres are a bottom-10 team in the league I’ll be shocked if he gets much more money. This isn’t a Hossa situation. He’d gone to back-to-back Cup Finals losing the first in Game 6 and then Game 7. He was still considered a winner amongst the league braintrust.

Bring Back Bucky

May 19, 2004
Canadas Ocean Playground
Gotcha, thx

There’s a handful of Flames fans on the South Shore. Nice fellas some of them but apparently dropped on their heads during critical development years.

Reactions: Oilers in NS

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
As someone who thought Calgary made no sense for Hall, Buffalo definitely makes less.

Flip flopped on whether I wanted him on the Oilers but for 8 mill no thank you. Even at 7, the curse would be enacted and bad things would happen.

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
So Leaf fans are celebrating this offseason like they suddenly fixed everything.

I dont get it.

They lost Johnsson, Kapanen and Barrie, while gaining Brodie. I imagine they have to trade Kerfoot for nothing as well to make room for their RFAs.

Reactions: McTonyBrar
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->