Proposal: Free Agency Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If he makes it to free agency, I really doubt he would sign a 2 or 3 year deal.

If the AAV was high, I think he considers it depending on what AAV other teams are offering. I'd go as high as $7M AAV and I think teams will be looking at $5-6M range.

He is 33 and has already earned $44M+. I think he would value playing on a cup contender so he would consider the 3 years in term and play with Karlsson

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
This article does not state that Karlsson is looking for an offer from the habs

So, where ever that rumour comes from from Brennan, isn't this article.

you sure about that??

While the two-time Norris Trophy winner is expected to be the most coveted free agent available when the market opens on July 1, a well-connected source says that he hopes to receive competitive offers from two teams in particular — the Senators and the Montreal Canadiens.

the valiant effort

settle down, bud
Apr 17, 2017
Lmao, Karlsson will just leverage MTL into a massive contract elsewhere like every other "aging" star in the last 20 years

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I find it hard to believe that Petry wouldn't waive if Bergy came to him. Why stay with an employer that doesnt want you. Like Gorges I could see him nixing a trade to a place he doesn't like but asides from that he shouldn't be too difficult to get to waive. Cant see him pulling a Phaneuf who screwed over the sens by not waving his NMC during the expansion draft.

Even if Petry doesn't waive, I still sign EK. Have one if the 3 play the left side, perhaps Petry if he doesn't waive.

I mean are we better with or without Karlsson even if Petry doesn't waive?

Karlesson Weber
Kulak Petry
Mete Juulsen
Benn, Folin, Reilly

SpeedyPotato

Mar 29, 2012
Yeah I know he's not the greatest fit in terms of our immediate needs, but if a guy like that wants to come here just give him the 7 years. My only hope is that his injuries will not prevent him from being what he's supposed to be, but if he could take the sens to a cup final 2 years ago, imagine what he can do here.. anyways, I really don't see it happening but who knows!

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I was joking about it throughout the year that he never wanted to leave Ottawa (this isn’t the joke part) and that he should look into joining the Habs. Closest to his home in Ottawa, wife from here (Ottawa). I joked that being two hours away would be much easier for him as he clearly never really wanted to leave.

Now this?

You MAKE it work for Karlsson. Simple as that. Trade Petry for a LHD, and suddenly you have Karlsson and Weber on your right side? Jesus Christ.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
We have to convince Petry to waive. But if MB forced Gorges to, I think he could get Petry to waive to play close to his home...

I'm for signing Erik Karlesson. But he's going to want a very high salary on a 7 year deal. There is some risk for how this will turn out long term. But I take the risk. He's elite, and with modern medicine he should eventually get back to good health.

But Petry's contract is a 15 team no trade list. Pretty sure the 16 teams on his list would be the type of teams looking for a RD. Wouldn't be hard to get a Muzzin+ type return and there will be a bidding war for the RD

Reactions: 26Mats

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I was joking about it throughout the year that he never wanted to leave Ottawa (this isn’t the joke part) and that he should look into joining the Habs. Closest to his home in Ottawa, wife from here (Ottawa). I joked that being two hours away would be much easier for him as he clearly never really wanted to leave.

Now this?

You MAKE it work for Karlsson. Simple as that. Trade Petry for a LHD, and suddenly you have Karlsson and Weber on your right side? Jesus Christ.

How would Sens fans feel about this?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
His injuries make him a risk. We’re good for RHD defensemen. Let somebody else overpay him.

webersshot

Jul 6, 2016
Nova Scotia
I really find his game has gone south in the last few years. I would be careful about paying him too much...

16 pts in 19 games this playoffs. His game is elite. He's a superstar. He's going to age tremendously because of the fact that he tells on his brain so much. We would be insane not to bring him here if he wants to be here. Over pay. I don't care. The time is now. We gotta go for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad