GDT: Free Agency Frenzy is here - NHLN coverage starts 11 AM

Status
Not open for further replies.

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
I would bet anything that Shero’s plan (and what ends up happening) is NOT standing pat, so going on these lengthy diatribes with “standing pat” as the core assumption is an utter waste of time.

With the mediocre UFA class I’m not sure that standing pat isn’t the best option in the short term while Ray waits for some desperate GM to make a Palms/MarJo style trade.

Reactions: StevenToddIves

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
Very troubling that Ray didn't sign our best player in Bing

He was offered a deal and wouldn't agree to it. How troubling is it that a guy who by all accounts absolutely sucks at defense but it's good offensively would rather not show any loyalty and sign a NHL deal with the team that gave him his first professional contract? What are they supposed to do? Give him a ton of money?

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Ridiculous. He signed a two year two-way contract with Florida (more likely Springfield).
i'm guessing we prob offered the same money, since it's insignificant. but the only diff was that he wasn't guaranteed playing time. is the path to the NHL that much clearer for him (LD) in the panthers org?

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
The really frustrating part is that Voynov, the player, would be exactly what this team needs. HOWEVER, he's a trash human being and I want him nowhere near us.

He should be rotting in a Siberian gulag, not making millions in the NHL. I'm disappointed to hear he has any offers at all.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
i'm guessing we prob offered the same money, since it's insignificant. but the only diff was that he wasn't guaranteed playing time. is the path to the NHL that much clearer for him (LD) in the panthers org?
That seems like a solid assumption, considering Florida's defensive depth.

The Devils also already have someone taking the role he would be competing for in Butcher, who is a vastly superior player.

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
Why is anyone letting DD try to spin this narrative?

It's quite possible that MacDonald opted to go somewhere else to compete for a spot rather than try and compete with the likes of Greene (he'll be here like it or not), Butcher, Mueller and now Yakovlev who signed right around when our season ended.

No one knows exactly what happened other than they couldn't agree to terms. Shit happens, but no one should cry over a 25 year old defender who apparently is not very good at defense. I'm sure the kid wants as clear a shot at being in the bigs as he can, and it likely wouldn't have been here.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Why is anyone letting DD try to spin this narrative?

It's quite possible that MacDonald opted to go somewhere else to compete for a spot rather than try and compete with the likes of Greene (he'll be here like it or not), Butcher, Mueller and now Yakovlev who signed right around when our season ended.

No one knows exactly what happened other than they couldn't agree to terms. **** happens, but no one should cry over a 25 year old defender who apparently is not very good at defense. I'm sure the kid wants as clear a shot at being in the bigs as he can, and it likely wouldn't have been here.
because we all secretly love drama in here, why pretend?

Reactions: My3Sons
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese