Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

milkbag

Jul 31, 2018
What about Chabot+Korpisalo for Ceci+Campbell as a base?
image-asset.gif

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I suspect the "vets" Staios will add will be in the same vein as when we signed Brassard to a PTO and subsequent SPC.

We'll hopefully go big fish hunting for a RHD and hopefully acquire a starting goalie but after that, wait until Aug/Sep and see if there are some guys still looking for contracts

Reactions: NB613

KnuckChuckinTkachuk

Give'yer balls a tug
Jan 23, 2011
My summer as GM would include;

Prioritize RD (in order of preference):
  1. Pesce (go hard to sign him. Maybe Chychrun trade to CAR for his rights if they bow out early this spring).
  2. Montour (don't think he leaves FLA tbh)
  3. DeMelo
  4. Tanev/Carrier
  5. M. Roy
  6. C. Miller
Trade for a big time Goalie:
  1. Swayman or Ullmark
  2. Saros
  3. Jarry
  4. L. Thompson
  5. Markstrom
Sign some good depth bottom 6:
  1. Joshua
  2. Martinook
  3. Sprong
  4. Blueger
  5. W. Carrier
Trade away/get rid of:
  1. Chychrun (best return and not a fit with 3 LD)
  2. Korpisalo (if they can and at a reasonable price)
  3. Kubalik
  4. Hamonic
  5. Kastelic
  6. Forsberg

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

1. Pesce (go hard to sign him. Maybe Chychrun trade to CAR for his rights if they bow out early this spring).
  3. DeMelo
  4. Tanev/Carrier
  5. M. Roy
  6. C. Miller
  1. Swayman or Ullmark
  2. Saros
  3. Jarry
  4. L. Thompson
  5. Markstrom
  1. Joshua
  2. Martinook
  3. Sprong
  4. Blueger
  5. W. Carrier
Trade away/get rid of:
  3. Kubalik
  4. Hamonic
  5. Kastelic
  6. Forsberg
No way I trade Chychrun for Peace's rights... That's insanity. I agree we should go hard after Pesce but Chychrun for rights to a UFA is outright nuts.

I'd try to use Chychrun to pry Ulmark out of Boston or Saros out of Nashville, ideally include Forsberg as part of the deal even if a bit of retention is needed.

I like your top two depth targets,

Ok, so...

Chychrun and Forsberg (50% retrained) for Saros/Ulmark. Extend them for 6.5m x 5 (2025-26 and onward)

Sign Pesce at 6m x 7yrs

Sign Joshua/Martinhook at up to 3.5m x 4

Bridge Pinto at 3m

Buyout Korpisalo

Tkachuk-Stü-Giroux
Greig-Norris-Martinhook/Joshua
Joseph-Pinto-Batherson
Kelly-Kastelic-MacEwen
Ostapchuk

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Pesce
Kleven-JBD
Hamonic

Ulmark/Saros
Sogaard/UFA at 1.2

13 F @ 49.5 mil
7 D @ 29.5
2 G @ 6.2

Buyout and retention 1.08m goes up to 1.7 the next year

Total caphit ~86.3

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009

3. DeMelo
  4. Tanev/Carrier
  5. M. Roy
  6. C. Miller
  1. Swayman or Ullmark
  2. Saros
  3. Jarry
  4. L. Thompson
  5. Markstrom
  1. Joshua
  2. Martinook
  3. Sprong
  4. Blueger
  5. W. Carrier
Trade away/get rid of:
  3. Kubalik
  4. Hamonic
  5. Kastelic
  6. Forsberg
Yes I like it and agree. But I wouldn’t trade Kastelic

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
We are not getting Ulmark as he has some trade protection. In my dream scenario Nashville re-signs Saros and we get Askorov for Chychrun and Forsberg.

Then we deal with Korpisalo the following season.

Reactions: Weltschmerz

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

3. DeMelo
  4. Tanev/Carrier
  5. M. Roy
  6. C. Miller
  1. Swayman or Ullmark
  2. Saros
  3. Jarry
  4. L. Thompson
  5. Markstrom
  1. Joshua
  2. Martinook
  3. Sprong
  4. Blueger
  5. W. Carrier
Trade away/get rid of:
  3. Kubalik
  4. Hamonic
  5. Kastelic
  6. Forsberg
No sure I’m trading a prime piece just for rights to sign someone

Reactions: Micklebot

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
We are not getting Ulmark as he has some trade protection. In my dream scenario Nashville re-signs Saros and we get Askorov for Chychrun and Forsberg.

Askarov would be a nice piece to get. I'm not sure he's ready to be a full time NHLer (although he might be), but maybe you hope for a bounce back from Korpisalo while we phase Askarov into the starter's role. Then you could maybe move Korpse with only 3 years left on his deal.

I think it's a reasonable plan. Chychrun, Forsberg and BOS 1st for Askarov, Carrier (rights) and NAS 2025 3rd rounder.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah Kastelic has been much better - he attacks the net and is finally playing big

I'd love to have an old school big and tough grinding fourth line. Just heavy on the forecheck, wear teams out. Kastellic can be the centre for that the way he has been playing.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I put this in another thread, but it might be better placed here.

22-man roster with:
  • OUT - Chychrun
  • IN - a RD for $5.75 m
  • OUT - The Korpse is moved out without cap implications (see Note)
  • IN - Saros.
  • Pinto is signed to a bridge contract.
  • IN - $3 m is allotted for a 3rd line winger.
Total cap hit = $85,803,714

Note
: If the Korpse remains, and Forsberg is moved out, things get very tight. (total cap hit = $87,053,714).

It also could get tight if there’s money retained for a Korpse trade, a Korpse buyout, or even if he’s placed on waivers.

1711469613254.png

Last edited:

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

I’m not sure if Boston have cap constraints as motivation either. According to CapFriendly, they have about $21.5 m of projected cap space and the only players of consequence to resign are Ulmark (RFA) and Debrusk. IF they get tight for some reason, and want to make move, they could replace Debrusk for someone less expensive as an option. I’m not sure that’s necessary though.

So, I’d wonder how motivated the Bruins would be to make a trade that involves Chychrun as the main bait.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Aren't Martinhook and Joshua more like 3rd or 4th line production wise?
There isn’t going to be much cap space available for forward additions if they get a RD (by moving Chychrun) and a new goalie (by moving either Korpisalo or Forsberg). They could sign one (UFA) winger to play in the middle of the lineup for about $3 m and “maybe" one other minor, inexpensive forward. See #7094.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

The question is what timeline are we aiming at.

If we get Askarov, when will he be ready to be a #1 at the NHL level? Can we wait two or three seasons for him to be ready?

I might lean towards Saros as the target knowing he's probably got 5 or 6 more top end years in him, and Sogaard or Merilainen might be ready to transition into a starter by the end.

I suspect Saros might cost less to acquire too (am I wrong about that?) but we'd have to ensure an extension is in place before pulling the trigger

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
I'd love to have an old school big and tough grinding fourth line. Just heavy on the forecheck, wear teams out. Kastellic can be the centre for that the way he has been playing.
I mean Kelly and Katchouk fill the rest of the line out pretty well. Not sure how much better you’re going to get for $0

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison

Askarov would be nice, but I think they are going to want a proven commodity in net.

I doubt Ullmark would waive to come here, but the dynamic does change in the summer because they can sign him a contract right away. I suspect the Bruins shop him to multiple teams. If they get to the point where they are willing to let Ullmark speak to any finalists for him in a trade, and the Senators contract offer is stronger than other teams, it's possible that he would bite the bullet and come here.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
The question is what timeline are we aiming at.

If we get Askarov, when will he be ready to be a #1 at the NHL level? Can we wait two or three seasons for him to be ready?

I might lean towards Saros as the target knowing he's probably got 5 or 6 more top end years in him, and Sogaard or Merilainen might be ready to transition into a starter by the end.

I suspect Saros might cost less to acquire too (am I wrong about that?) but we'd have to ensure an extension is in place before pulling the trigger
I think Saros will be looking for 7-8 per year long term and it’s going to cost a lot to get him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad