News Article: Freddy is playing through a Groin injury.. Updated reveals Knee injury

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Hey I just wanted to remind everyone that nobody considered Fred a real #1 goalie before he came to Toronto.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
Hey I just wanted to remind everyone that nobody considered Fred a real #1 goalie before he came to Toronto.

-Send Fred to Chicago as a cap dump. For a mid round pick.
-Get one of the Columbus G’s. Pair with Campbell.
-Do not miss on Ekholm. Trade Picks/Prospects.
-Add a LW - again for picks/prospects.

Joe Matthews Marner
New LW Johnny Willie
Soup Engvall Hyman
Robertson Spezza Simmonds

Reilly Brodie
Muzz Ekholm
Dermott Holl

Campbell/Columbus Goalie

Last edited:

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
-Send Fred to Chicago as a cap dump. For a mid round pick.
-Get one of the Columbus G’s. Pair with Campbell.
-Do not miss on Ekholm. Trade Picks/Prospects.
-Add a LW - again for picks/prospects.

Joe Matthews Marner
New LW Johnny Willie
Soup Engvall Hyman
Robertson Spezza Simmonds

Reilly Brodie
Muzz Ekholm
Dermott Holl

I like you, Budz!

Reactions: Budz

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I like you, Budz!

Fred is an easy move based on his actual $$ left in contract.

Also, we all saw what happened when Muzz went down in the playoffs. We need another D man.

The extra cap space gets us a top 6 forward

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Fred is an easy move based on his actual $$ left in contract.

Also, we all saw what happened when Muzz went down in the playoffs. We need another D man.

The extre cap space gets us a top 6 forward

I wouldn't say we "need" a dman at all tbh.....but in this case Ekholm is just so damn good and so affordable that I'd be happy to add him and give ourselves the most stacked dcorps in hockey.

Budz

Jan 28, 2013
I wouldn't say we "need" a dman at all tbh.....but in this case Ekholm is just so damn good and so affordable that I'd be happy to add him and give ourselves the most stacked dcorps in hockey.

“need” may be the wrong word. If all 6 stay healthy the rest of the year - then he is not a need. I like having the option to choose Dermott or Bogo depending who we are playing in the playoffs.

If one gets injured - he is a need.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
“need” may be the wrong word. If all 6 stay healthy the rest of the year - then he is not a need. I like having the option to choose Dermott or Bogo depending who we are playing in the playoffs.

If one gets injured - he is a need.

Eh not many teams have the luxury of having talent like Lilly and Sandin ready to come in as injury replacements. We're good in the injury depth department imo.

But again, ekholm is so damn good that I'm on board.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Anton Forsberg is on waivers today. Wouldn't be surprised at all if we claim him considering his cap hit is only $700k and he wouldn't need to quarantine for 14 days.

So Ottawa claimed him, as D’accord is the third string with the first 2 injured.
Garrioch says in his tweet , Forsberg needs to quarantine for 7 days and 4 negative tests.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
The way Freddys been playing he probably won’t be resigned we should just trade him for something and ride Campbell the rest of the way assuming he’s healthy, and trade for a reliable backup to play behind or split time with Jack

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I'm hopeful but honestly was hoping Freddy was gone before this season started; just don't think healthy Freddy takes us deep into the playoffs.

But that said with our new and improved defense, maybe a healthy Freddy will be good enough. But I don't know, I'd still like Dubas to look into the goaltender market.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Same reason Matthews is playing through his wrist injury. We have no other option. We saw the mighty Hutchinson deliver against the sens

2 goals andersen would only let in to a 4th liner in the playoffs he allows at the start of the game.
He is truly terrible

Andersen has been poor but if we are going with hutchinson we have almost no chance at winning

Campbell being so injury prone wasn't in dubas plans. The guy has played 3 out of 30 games which is just terrible when people thought ot would he like 33-35 starts andersen and 21-23 Campbell

lmao

Reactions: Jmo89

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Eh not many teams have the luxury of having talent like Lilly and Sandin ready to come in as injury replacements. We're good in the injury depth department imo.

I'm confident in those two as prospects, but not very comfortable with them being our injury replacements in the playoffs, unless they can show us something between now and then.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
I'm confident in those two as prospects, but not very comfortable with them being our injury replacements in the playoffs, unless they can show us something between now and then.

Well if we manage to go through the whole season with 0 injuries to our 6 dmen, then we can probably worry less about needing injury replacement in the playoffs.

justloveleafs

Mar 12, 2021
Paris Ontario
Who honestly would want an injured Andersen? At this point, his only endearing feature is he looks a bit facially and lot physically like Turk the tub Broda.

The Beyonder

Jan 16, 2007
Was he injured all of last year as well, or in the play in round? He's been average to below for awhile.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
if he's playing through a groin injury why is he playing?

Probably because the alternative is Hutchinson. Don’t act like he has time to rest and recover in a shortened season.

Nevertheless, convenient timing but given his mobility recently definitely believable.

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Did the injury occur in February 2019? Because that's when his struggles started.

I’m going off memory here and don’t remember the exact month or year but Freddy hurt his groin about 1.5 years ago or so and he’s looked the same.

RealisticLeaf55

Win it clean for J.T
Sep 28, 2010
A place
Freddy needs to rest. Our defense is good. We could use an extra person on defense, but if we can get soup and Freddy healthy and have that 1a 1b option in net. We could go for a serious run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad